Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not another comparison.........lol

Okay so thought I'd share my experience so far driving a 2023 Badlands, Mid, MIC, 2.7 auto vs. my 2022 Jeep Rubicon with cold weather group, heavy duty electrical group, manual w/ 4.88's. Both have the 33" BFG All-Terrains.

So far I really like the Bronco, but I also really like the Jeep. I think the Bronco rides pretty stiff, just like the Jeep. The steering in the Bronco is dead, like I'm in a Tahoe so that's nice for just mindlessly cruising. The Jeep steering feels alive, I never had any issues with it, I cruise one handed at 80mph no issues, you just get way more feedback. Seats in the Bronco are comfy and big, the Jeep are smaller but they really hug you in. Cabin room is bigger in the Bronco, feels like I'm in a pickup, Jeep is cramped and you have to be very strategic in where you put things. I like the interior layout on the Bronco better, all the switches for off-road and aux are up high where you can see them, not so much in the Jeep. Interior lighting is better in the Jeep. Dash gauges are subjective but I prefer the Jeep old school tach. The Jeep U-Connect is far better IMO than the Ford system. Weather maps, more intuitive ways to navigate the system at least to me. Stereo is really not that bad in the Bronco, just no bass. The Jeep is 2 door with the Alpine system w/ sub so it thumps, really no comparison. Jeep has a heated steering wheel and built in garage door opener, this should be standard in the Mid package to compete with Jeep. Heated seats both kick ass.

Visibility is one big difference. In the Jeep you sit nice and high, and can see all around easy. In the Bronco I feel like I'm really in it, and being a four door it does have way more physical mass and lots of things to look around to see the road. The view to the front is night and day. Jeep is small, you can see the fenders/tires really easy. Bronco is a big square. I'd definitely be gripping a bit more in the Bronco on twisty trails going upward.

Performance wise the Bronco has tons of zip but it still feels heavy. It is fast and gets to 65 really easy, very impressed. The Jeep is a whole different animal with the manual and 4.88's. Feels like a sports car almost, it lurches and pulls hard, barks the tires going into second if you want, but you are working it. The Jeep 3.6 is a dog at low rpm so if you want to get up and go you are mashing it a bunch more than the Bronco. Handling is pretty similar, both steer into corners well. I prefer the Bronco power over the Jeep.

Overall the Jeep feels to me like a bad ass off-road machine that is refined enough to cruise comfortably when needed. The Bronco feels like a really nice cruiser that has bad ass off-road capability as a bonus when needed.

Currently trying to keep them both as I am really torn giving up the Jeep. Make the Bronco more of the vacation/family rig and keep the Jeep as a pure toy to beat on and modify the hell out of. If I have to keep one it's going to be the Bronco.

All my .02 YMMV. :)
Sponsored

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2021 Jeep Xtreme Recon Rubicon 4-Door and a 2023 Bronco Wildtrak with Sasquatch 2-Door..............both with 35's................and I'm Right There with you are just about everything !

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go drive a 2.7L with the Ford Performance Tune, night and day to me.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First, use Forscan, add sport mode to the Bronco, use that, and then amend the review. The steering won't feel so "dead". That also applies to the "heavy" feeling of the Bronco.

Not sure what version of sync you are running, but the 12" display and latest version of Sync 4 is pretty decent... I can't imagine u-connect being "better" as far as the interface goes; something that I will have to see for myself. (not doubting you, just surprised - and I hated Sync 3 BTW).

I have a lux package and the upgraded B&O system, and I can't imagine Jeep being any less capable than the Bronco; as the B&O is weak sauce - Jeep must have a better sound system and seems like it does. I have listened to music through two tin cans and a string with higher fidelity than the B&O system offers!

I do agree with you that the Jeep let's you see the corners better, but the 360 degree camera makes it a non-issue really. Also the Jeep does seem to be the better off-roading platform for technical trails, but at speed, the Bronco really shines off-road.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2022 JLU Rubicon XR before the Bronco. Only real thing I miss about the Jeep is Uconnect and the Alpine System. I’ve had numerous vehicles with the uconnect and love it, fords sync to me is terrible. Should the Bronco have a heating steering wheel with the Mid package - definitely. But I hardly ever used it in the Jeep or the Ram we have. I def prefer the Bronco over the Jeep, I have more enjoyment driving it. At least for the 1k miles I’ve put on it so far. Definitely miss the Alpine system, just order Kicker to replace the dash and plan on ordering the SSV 6.5 pods for rear to help out. Both are great vehicles but so far I’m enjoying the Bronco more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TrailDust

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, use Forscan, add sport mode to the Bronco, use that, and then amend the review. The steering won't feel so "dead". That also applies to the "heavy" feeling of the Bronco.
Definitely miss the Alpine system, just order Kicker to replace the dash and plan on ordering the SSV 6.5 pods for rear to help out.
I've a total newb with the Forscan stuff, going to have to read up and see about adding sport mode. I was going through the goat modes and surprised it wasn't on the Badlands.

I will definitely be adding the bigger pods, hope that will help. Probably add a sub at some point too. The Jeep does have the advantage of the rear sound basically right over your head, Bronco has to cover some open space.

One thing I forgot! Remote start - currently it is -3 degrees, -17 windchill. Before I leave work I will use the remote start for the 1st time ever in my life, lol. Total no go on the manual trans Jeep and I never had it on other vehicles till now.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
See , I have a JLU Sahara and sure the steering feels alive, like I am fighting with it. I have the I4 Turbo in the Sahara and a 2.7 in the Bronco so in sports mode or normal mode not even close. The Bronco is a beast. My son drives the Sahara 99% of the time and for a 21 yo, he loves the Jeep. Given the choice, he would take the Bronco…but that is NOT a choice.… a free Jeep is the only choice for him. Maybe your newer Jeep has the steering box fixed finally?
I am not pissing on the Jeep, both are awesome, I just like the ability to pick the mode on the Bronco.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I second that, Sport Mode and 93 feel like ya added a tune before ya add the tune
Yeah, I never drive in anything but sport mode, just like I don't use anything less than 93

Ya wanna save $$$, get an civic or corolla instead

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I never drive in anything but sport mode, just like I don't use anything less than 93

Ya wanna save $$$, get an civic or corolla instead
Badlands Baja Mode, then select 2WD, she really rocks.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
save that for off-roading
Just saying, since it doesn't have sport mode, This works just as well.............
2WD on road. 4wd sand dunes.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saying, since it doesn't have sport mode, This works just as well.............
2WD on road. 4wd sand dunes.
forscanned sport mode, best decision I made next to the soft top
Sponsored