First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad I bought my '23 Rubi when I did. I'm growing to really hate giant touchscreens in vehicles....

I was just on Jeep's B&P, and it looks like Jeep is trying to streamline production. Gone are the good old days of a la carte optioning. Looks like a couple of trims are gone and the rule of thumb is standardizing and charging up the wazoo.

My Rubi is a 2-door soft top, and I ordered it with painted fenders. If I wanted those fenders in a '24, it requires going to the Rubicon X which also mandates painted hardtop, and optioned otherwise as my '23 the price of one balloons to over $60K (just shy of $20K more than I paid for mine).

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I bought my '23 Rubi when I did. I'm growing to really hate giant touchscreens in vehicles....

I was just on Jeep's B&P, and it looks like Jeep is trying to streamline production. Gone are the good old days of a la carte optioning. Looks like a couple of trims are gone and the rule of thumb is standardizing and charging up the wazoo.

My Rubi is a 2-door soft top, and I ordered it with painted fenders. If I wanted those fenders in a '24, it requires going to the Rubicon X which also mandates painted hardtop, and optioned otherwise as my '23 the price of one balloons to over $60K (just shy of $20K more than I paid for mine).

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I was playing with that too, sucks they gotta streamline shit, why can't we just get what we want? What the hell is a Rubi-X anyway, and while I'd never get it, why can't I get a V6 and Auto, who wants another cookie cutter 2.0t?

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was extremely interested in Wrangler’s increased towing… but they dramatically limited exactly which configuration gets the 5000 lbs towing capacity.

Have a manual trans? You only get 3500 lbs towing. Got the 35s? You too get 3500 lbs towing. Wrangler 392? Yup…. 3500 lbs for you too.

Feels like they just rushed adding 5000 lbs just so they could say in a press release that it now beats Bronco. They could have fixed one of the major issues both Bronco and Wrangler owners have with their vehicles, but nope… didn’t happen.

———

Beyond that… looks good. The new interior is a huge step up from the current one in my opinion, and I like the new grille styling.

I probably wouldn’t buy one, but I’m glad the Bronco and Wrangler both exist so they can compete with each other. Will ultimately make both vehicles better. Like the Willys trim. Ford gave Black Diamond a rear locker and suddenly Willys gets a rear locker standard too. Crazy how that works.

(The only downside is Jeep has given the Wrangler a fairly hefty price increase, and no doubt Ford will follow suit.)
I think you said it perfectly.

I really like all my different versions of the Wrangler I had, this shows it seems to being holding to it's roots but improving.

Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was playing with that too, sucks they gotta streamline shit, why can't we just get what we want? What the hell is a Rubi-X anyway, and while I'd never get it, why can't I get a V6 and Auto, who wants another cookie cutter 2.0t?
Agreed.

However, I like the 2.0T far better than the 3.6 that powered my two JKs....

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed.

However, I like the 2.0T far better than the 3.6 that powered my two JKs....
It's funny of the two JK's I owned the 3.8 was a thousand times better than the 3.6. Both mated to a row it yourself.

I bought a 2013 JK brand new in July of that year and it was in the shop at least twice a month, every month. I got rid of it that same September. A few years later I bought an 07 with the 3.8 and a row it yourself with 76k miles. It needed a new injector and top and tires but aside from that it was fine. With normal oil changes and such I drove that thing to over 225k miles. Never left stranded. I still miss it. It was a great little thing.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just watched that video of a teardown for the Ford 2.7....makes me miss my Jeep 3.6 ;)

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

played with the build-ur-ator it seem like every time you add something you want you have to get rid of something else you want.......got so annoying i didn't finish.

Sponsored