First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been wondering...what happens when there's a flash rainstorm? Just pull over and get the top on as quickly as possible? Does a lot of water make it into the car with no doors (with roof on)?
Live in So Cal no rain for 7 months straight at least.
Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been a Jeep owner since 2011. That being said - my Unlimited JK hardtop spends 6 months out of the year doorless and topless. On and off road, 60 mile + trips, you name it.

The weather finally permitted me to drop the top and pull the doors off my 4 door Badlands this last weekend and I drove the $#!t out of it.

The ease of door removal - both are very straight forward, the Jeep is a little easier with exposed hinges. The Bronco wasn't difficult , just restricted by the door. Still a quick transition and the Bronco doors are lighter and easier to carry. Ford also provides tools for removal - Jeep does not.

I can't compare tops, Badlands is a soft top and Jeep is a hardtop (I use a hoist).

Driving the completely open Jeep you experience a lot of turbulence from the almost 90 degree windshield. It's strong enough that at moderate speeds it's impossible to keep a hat on(cowboy or trucker). Conversation levels also have to be louder due to this issue. The Bronco has a much more aerodynamic windshield compared to the Jeep. The wind turbulence is minimal (even at 90MPH) - no losing trucker hat at all. Conversations can also be maintained at a normal level. My Jeep has an upgraded stereo so music at any speed is clear with full range of tones- Bronco however is not. At low speeds the Bronco (non lux) is okay - but road and tire noise does overwhelm it. The mirror situation is quite obvious - Jeep bring your own, Bronco has you covered.

The Wrangler does have a security option that I hope the Bronco adopts. A few companies offer an under front seat security drawer large enough for two handguns, $10,000 cash, and two extra handgun magazines. Unfortunately, the under seat vents in the Bronco might impede this type of security option.

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of open vehicle driving in the Bronco and to be honest- everything is still off!!

tempImage2j1qCJ.png
Great write up. Someone might have said this but the Doors on the JL are way lighter than the TJ and JKs I have owned. Made out of aluminum.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s so cool. It’s still weird that after all this time, this is what brought you out of your silence. But whatever.

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bronco offers 2 safes. One in the center console. And one in the back of the truck where a spare tire is kept on a car. In the trunk. Lift up carpet scenario
I can fit a large Glock and a small revolver and 10 bucks in the center console vault :)

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Wrangler does have a security option that I hope the Bronco adopts. A few companies offer an under front seat security drawer large enough for two handguns, $10,000 cash, and two extra handgun magazines.
I called Texas before ever even looking at your profile.

Also, that is an excessive not to mention oddly specific amount of cash to carry around under your seat.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been a Jeep owner since 2011. That being said - my Unlimited JK hardtop spends 6 months out of the year doorless and topless. On and off road, 60 mile + trips, you name it.

The weather finally permitted me to drop the top and pull the doors off my 4 door Badlands this last weekend and I drove the $#!t out of it.

The ease of door removal - both are very straight forward, the Jeep is a little easier with exposed hinges. The Bronco wasn't difficult , just restricted by the door. Still a quick transition and the Bronco doors are lighter and easier to carry. Ford also provides tools for removal - Jeep does not.

I can't compare tops, Badlands is a soft top and Jeep is a hardtop (I use a hoist).

Driving the completely open Jeep you experience a lot of turbulence from the almost 90 degree windshield. It's strong enough that at moderate speeds it's impossible to keep a hat on(cowboy or trucker). Conversation levels also have to be louder due to this issue. The Bronco has a much more aerodynamic windshield compared to the Jeep. The wind turbulence is minimal (even at 90MPH) - no losing trucker hat at all. Conversations can also be maintained at a normal level. My Jeep has an upgraded stereo so music at any speed is clear with full range of tones- Bronco however is not. At low speeds the Bronco (non lux) is okay - but road and tire noise does overwhelm it. The mirror situation is quite obvious - Jeep bring your own, Bronco has you covered.

The Wrangler does have a security option that I hope the Bronco adopts. A few companies offer an under front seat security drawer large enough for two handguns, $10,000 cash, and two extra handgun magazines. Unfortunately, the under seat vents in the Bronco might impede this type of security option.

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of open vehicle driving in the Bronco and to be honest- everything is still off!!

tempImage2j1qCJ.png
Small point, but my 2018 Soft-top JL Sport S came with door removal tools (in a tiny toolkit kept in the center console).

retiredarmymp

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my doors and top off for the first time a couple weeks ago. I was surprised it only took 45 minutes to take everything off by myself; of course I was using the TopLift Pro, and I love it because I can store the back and middle sections on it and still move it around the garage if needed, but the open air experience was a blast and I cant wait to take it all off again soon!

Sponsored

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My top is off whenever the weather is decent, so twice in Wyoming lol. I almost took the doors off but will wait a couple weeks.

I love having the top off. I think the radio is fine but I did upgrade the speakers. I can still do hands free most of the time on phone calls, and have normal conversations. The back seat is louder and windier but who cares about them 😂

I will have the top and doors off as much as possible.

8CE4BC5E-1E23-4C7D-8B79-112F26B09507.jpeg
do you have a soft or hard top? How long does it take you to remove the top?

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In many places that's referred to as "probable cause." LOL

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Texas before ever even looking at your profile.

Also, that is an excessive not to mention oddly specific amount of cash to carry around under your seat.
I was debating Florida or Texas as I read it.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly you’re the smarter one here. The cop in me cringes when I see someone say they keep a gun and $10k in their open vehicle, safe or not.
Well as a cop you're allowed to steal that 10k.

Oops I mean they forfeit it to you...