First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on my browsing history, Google threw this article my way from Top Gear (BBC version), where they road-test the four vehicles off-road. The Bronco is an Outer Banks, The Wranger is the Rubicon 392, the Defender is a D90 (2-door), and the G is... well, I think they just make the one.

Based on their location, they may be slightly biased, but I thought it was an overall fun read with a few good photos. I expect people here will also have their own thoughts.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/big-reads/big-road-test-defender-vs-g-class-vs-bronco-vs-wrangler
Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

yea I am a huge fan of the Clarkson and LeBlanc era of top gear, but they always did not do apples to apples comparisons. I remember when they compared a camaro, up against a Mercedes AMG. A lot of everything they do is for entertainment.

Last edited:

grapesie13

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just picked up a '22 Defender for my wife - incredibly smooth ride, material quality (mostly interior) makes me reconsider my Bronco order, but I just can't put it as a comp to the Bronco.

Will never off road it the same way - it's the family ride and that is about it.

Sponsored

TheCrow11

Wildtrak
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Chevy Tahoe midnight edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We just picked up a '22 Defender for my wife - incredibly smooth ride, material quality (mostly interior) makes me reconsider my Bronco order, but I just can't put it as a comp to the Bronco.

Will never off road it the same way - it's the family ride and that is about it.
Was it difficult to get the Defender, my wife misses her LR4 that we traded. she hates the redesign to the Disco, plan is to get her a 110.

grapesie13

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it difficult to get the Defender, my wife misses her LR4 that we traded. she hates the redesign to the Disco, plan is to get her a 110.
We lucked out. Someone who goes through cars faster than shoes was selling a '22 with almost no miles on it. The 110 is incredible, wife loves it, and I get comments/stares every time I drive it.

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I seriously looked at the Defender but while it is far more refined than a Bronco, an equally equipped Defender is $30K more and has half the fin factor. Limited mods, and I'd be afraid to take it off road.
Sponsored