chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Definitely not too keen on Bronco- spoiler they have sold the Bronco already.

I would argue that Bronco does things different for a good reason

I should add I do like watching their channel and what they do... and I have no hard feelings about their opinions
Sponsored

Last edited:

Grant3168

Black Diamond
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 G37, 2006 G35
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are more 'hardcore' when it comes to wheeling. I would say that they are not the majority of the off-road market in that they are constantly searching for the most difficult trails. What they said in the video is fair, but they have to understand they are a small minority of the market when it comes to these vehicles. Both are great choices and I'm still dead set on my Bronco versus a Jeep

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are more 'hardcore' when it comes to wheeling. I would say that they are not the majority of the off-road market in that they are constantly searching for the most difficult trails. What they said in the video is fair, but they have to understand they are a small minority of the market when it comes to these vehicles. Both are great choices and I'm still dead set on my Bronco versus a Jeep
In the video they fairly talk about how Ford went after the majority of people that fall somewhere between their extreme hobby and never leaving the pavement.

Given that more general audience, itā€™s ridiculous we donā€™t have rear AC or cup holders. Better at road trips? Only for the two people up front

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Actually your whole comment is matter of preference. The way you throw around the term junk shows you donā€™t have a clue. I think the soft top is perfectly fine for what it is and give you a lot more options for open air motoring. Is you are going to talk about the saggy windows as why itā€™s junk then you donā€™t understand basic engineering. As for the stereo you are probably under 30 and have no idea what a bad system truly sounds like. As for price comment once again out of touch.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think they summed it up pretty fairly. I would consider myself an off-roader ā€œliteā€ version. Definitely didnā€™t want a Subaru and have no interest in off-roading just for the sake of doing a challenging trail. Got the Bronco to get me where I want to go, away from people, to some beautiful scenery for solitude, and safely.

That being said I canā€™t speak to the Broncos ability or inability to handle tougher trails or rock crawling as Iā€™m sure many of you can.

Sponsored

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember when they bought the Bronco and started making videos for it I was so happy because of what they've done for Jeep. They said it was always gonna be a desert racer build instead of a rock crawler. I'm disappointed they made this comparison video because it seems just like an easy money grab for YT views. Of course the Wrangler is a better rock crawler and some build materials are more refined as it's not a launch vehicle. A stock Bronco encroaches on beating a stock Wrangler off-road in many aspects and beats the Wrangler on-road in all aspects.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As for the stereo you are probably under 30 and have no idea what a bad system truly sounds like
Dude the stereo is trash. Out of the box itā€™s so much worse than every factory audio Iā€™ve had, including entry level systems.

That said, imo a pair of inexpensive dash speakers and a forscan tweak to remove the horrible built in EQ brings it in line with most factory stereos.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't put stock in the opinions of anyone who creates a YouTube channel for the sake of making money or being a pseudo movie star.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

pretty fair imo. tl;dr is the jeep is an offroad vehicle that can be driven onroad and the bronco is the inverse. basically, if it is a dd or you drive it a lot go bronco, go jeep if it is 3rd vehicle or strict offroad.

i'd agree, for the 95% of people offroading stock the bronco is more than enough. the 5% that get insane rowdy the stock jeep will do better, but modding the bronco will give you the best of both worlds. the disparity offroad is close between the two, but pavement not close.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant comment. I learned i get more from their videos with the mute on.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always get a kick out of a person telling me something isn't dependable but they haven't broken anything.

Then you have the person that does break thing but when you watch the videos they are wheel hopping. (Bronco Buster)

Then we have the guy hitting the hardcore stuff that knows what he is doing not wheel hopping and not breaking anything but they just say well that guy is the best.

The way I see it Jeep sucks on road (Its great Offroad). Yes I have owned them yes comparing it to the Bronco is just unfair. With 38s on my bronco it still rides great on the street.

At the point that the Jeep is so much better off-road as they say personally I say at that point you should be on a buggy anyway.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, they originally set out to build a high speed desert racer, which it would excel at btw, but are now comparing it to a rock crawler.
(rolls eyes)

Reminds me why I dropped their subscription a long time ago, so freaking annoying.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't disagree with any of their opinions. I believe they are mostly accurate with the comparison as it was presented. My biggest issue with Ford is the build quality, or complete lack of, and personally I would like for it to be even more offroad focused. Calling the Jeep an off road vehicle that can be driven on road was a valid description. Jeep still sells plenty to non-offroad drivers to make it a viable product. Ford's Bronco could survive the same treatment to better align and compete with the Wrangler.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.