Sponsored

Is it safe to say the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler ON the road?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree with several posters that no one knows, but it is safe to say it will. Some people see no problem with the Jeep ride, handling and steering. For me, on smooth roads in GA, that was largely the case. On the apocalyptic roads we have in MI, it was un-driveable. I downsized tires, got alignments, drove slower, all to no avail. The Jeep had to go. I can say with confidence a new design, with IFS will drive and ride better. If it doesn’t, it will be a pretty phenomenal fail. Those few that have driven them and are able to disclose (Ford engineers) report that the Jeep, off road, under 5mph does have some noticeable advantages (SFA articulation from memory). From 5-25 they are similar (hard to note diffences other than spring rate and wheelbase at middle speeds) and over 25 it is very noticeable from a ride, handling and steering perspective. The reports are biased, but it’s in line with what you would expect. On road, it should be pretty noticeable at minimum because IFS does not have near as many compromises in suspension tuning. As a side note, it should be kinder to tires as well. To get and IFS to track and as a balance on steering effort and high speed handling, you have some settings that are not as kind to tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? your trying to compare a 2003 against a 2021? Ok, you win.
Hard to make big changes to SFA. You can only change springs rates so much on way or another, they have about the same travel, I owned a TJ, tried a JK and the current model, they are nicer inside, but ride and steer similarly IMO.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe mentioned already, but most likely to be a hell of a lot safer for your soon to be kids. The rear of Jeep and no air bags is big reason I never drove one after my kids were born a decade+ ago. Still eager to learn more about safety with Bronco, but it at least has rear air bag.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can't be any worse :) A Wrangler Sahara (from my personal experience) is not a fan of speeds over 70mph and has insane wind noise with a canvas top (though I don't expect the Bronco to be any quieter with canvas). I've driven lifted trucks for 20 years and never have I been in something as unstable as a Wrangler at highway speeds.
Possibly something wrong with the Jeep? What year? 2 door or 4door? My 2015 Wrangler had 0 issues at 70-80 MPH on the highway. It drove from Missouri to Florida and back again. With a slight wind, my 2018 Toyota 86 was the worst vehicle I've even driven at highway speeds.

Ford Bronco Is it safe to say the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler ON the road? BVnrcaa

Last edited:

Sponsored

IdaNeck

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. Not a direct comparison but I drive F150s for work (multiple years) and they drive way better than a Jeep. I assume Bronco will drive better than an F150.
I’m not so sure it’ll drive better than a F150. It may handle better but the ride could be more choppy with a shorter wheelbase. Of course, that all depends on suspension travel and weight distribution.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

duuude, you get your hands on a Bronco, head on down to sin city and pick me up. We can do a an evaluation, shake down run, etc.
Wheeler Pass, then Rocky Gap.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly something wrong with the Jeep? What year? 2 door or 4door? My 2015 Wrangler had 0 issues at 70-80 MPH on the highway. It drove from Missouri to Florida and back again. With a slight wind, my 2018 Toyota 86 was the worst vehicle I've even driven at highway speeds.

Ford Bronco Is it safe to say the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler ON the road? BVnrcaa
2019, 4dr. My daily commute is a 70mph ride and that Jeep is trash at that speed.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs