Sponsored

Is it safe to say the Bronco will be better than the Wrangler ON the road?

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't be any worse :) A Wrangler Sahara (from my personal experience) is not a fan of speeds over 70mph and has insane wind noise with a canvas top (though I don't expect the Bronco to be any quieter with canvas). I've driven lifted trucks for 20 years and never have I been in something as unstable as a Wrangler at highway speeds.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is probably accurate ? . I will admit that I haven't taken anything off-road in like 15 years and that was just running trails with a buddies jeep. Bronco has my attention and makes me want to take road trips and go do some fun stuff. I needed a new hobby.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope so. On paper it would seem that way due to the independent front suspension.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of these people telling you yes have no idea. Nobody does.
Based on the info Ford has given us there's a good chance OP is correct.

1672813i23BCC7F297723032?v=1.gif

It’s only safe to say the Bronco “could” be better on the road. Because there isn’t a single privately owned BG6 on the road. Nobody out there that can tell us what it’s like, the good and the bad.

Your point #2.. way better mpg? If way better to you is 2 mpg then yes. But no way these vehicles that have The aerodynamics of a brick rolling down the road get way too mpg. So I doubt the Bronco will get way better mpg.
*pushes glasses up* Well technically you "could" just drive one and not privately own it.

Oh is it safe to say you're guessing about the mpg also? Welcome to the club. ?

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the Bronco will probably be better on the road. Hell, I think the Bronco is just a better vehicle for your money all around.

1) The Bronco engine is better than what FCA offers in my opinion (until FCA puts the 6.4L in it officially)

2) You can get lockers at entry level trims

3) Better gearing options and 35s from factory

4) Apple Car play is standard across the board for the Bronco. I know some folks don’t care, but I wouldn’t buy a vehicle without it.

Some things I’d say Jeep is probably winning at like the removable roof integrity. I’m all in on the Bronco but I’m not ready to believe Ford had outdone Jeep after decades of not selling a removable roof on an SUV lol. And then obviously the Wrangler will outshine the Bronco in crawling.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
*pushes glasses up* Well technically you "could" just drive one and not privately own it.

Oh is it safe to say you're guessing about the mpg also? Welcome to the club. ?
duuude, you get your hands on a Bronco, head on down to sin city and pick me up. We can do a an evaluation, shake down run, etc.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s only safe to say the Bronco “could” be better on the road. Because there isn’t a single privately owned BG6 on the road. Nobody out there that can tell us what it’s like, the good and the bad.

Your point #2.. way better mpg? If way better to you is 2 mpg then yes. But no way these vehicles that have The aerodynamics of a brick rolling down the road get way too mpg. So I doubt the Bronco will get way better mpg.
I disagree. I get better gas mileage with my 5.0 F150 than my son does in his TJ. He gets less than 15 mpg and I consistently get 17+ in daily driving and up to 20 mpg in some conditions. The lowest I get is 17 and the lowest he gets is around 14 and he is lucky to get 15 mpg.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a 2003 Wrangler. It was terrible on the road. Road noise, handling, no acceleration uphill at highway speed. And I stopped for gas every 1.5 hours from Phoenix to Chicago.
It’s safe to say that the Bronco will be better on the road.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Judging by the stark difference between driving my all-solid-axle '97 ZJ and my IFS '99 Land Cruiser I'm going to go ahead and say that the Bronco will ABSOLUTELY be nicer to drive on-road than a Wrangler.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disagree. I get better gas mileage with my 5.0 F150 than my son does in his TJ. He gets less than 15 mpg and I consistently get 17+ in daily driving and up to 20 mpg in some conditions. The lowest I get is 17 and the lowest he gets is around 14 and he is lucky to get 15 mpg.
That’s because your truck has a good transmission with more gears than his TJ. And your truck is way more aerodynamic than his TJ. Loot at a Jeeps front fenders. They are like snow shovels open up to the air. Your truck has a nice front end covering up the front wheels.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a 2003 Wrangler. It was terrible on the road. Road noise, handling, no acceleration uphill at highway speed. And I stopped for gas every 1.5 hours from Phoenix to Chicago.
It’s safe to say that the Bronco will be better on the road.
Really? your trying to compare a 2003 against a 2021? Ok, you win.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

SFA is trash on road. It's not a secret. Anyone who says otherwise is not telling you the truth.

I will also state that a "base" with road tires will have better on-road manners than a Squatch with gigantic MTs.

Floaty long travel off-road suspensions can give you a pretty good ride quality, until it's time to change direction.
Sponsored