Bronco, Jets and 🇺🇸

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I’ll start off the post with a shoutout to my dealer Autonation Valencia. If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, contact Polo and his sales team there and let them take care of you. They’ve been great through this whole process and have provided as much information as possible considering Fords sever lack of comms.

Polo got in their Loaner Bronco recently. Wildtrak, Red, Squatch and soft top. He asked if I would like the chance to drive it for the weekend while I wait for my FE. Of course I jumped at the chance.

First drive was from Valencia down to Camarillo airport on 405, Hwy 118 and the infamous 101.
It was too hot to have the roof down on the drive so I was covered for the whole trip. Noise was acceptable for a soft top. You’re not going to be cocooned driving a soft top so don’t expect it. I had the Radio on 10 for tunes and it was fine. I’m not an audiophile but it was a little lacking, I’ll have to look at the sticker to make sure but I’m pretty sure it’s not the B and O sound system. I’m not buying the truck for the sound system so don’t care too much but it does leave room for improvement.

First impressions behind the wheel is it’s great. The ride is compliant without being super soft. The truck definitely squats and rolls under braking and turning, but as stated before, she settles down on her haunches and stays planted once there. A couple of sharp 270° on ramps and quick accelerations never left me taking my foot off the gas as I was worried about surpassing grip levels. It’s not a Vette lol but it does inspire some confidence on the road.
My previous experiences with Wranglers have left me wondering how people accept the shitty on road characteristics of the Jeep? I mean, you hit a bump in the wrangler in the wrong angle and you can really get out of shape quick.
The Bronco gave a little shake of its head over a few bumps, but settled quickly where it was never an issue where I would hesitate throwing it into the next corner.

The engine is fantastic, I never once felt underpowered in LA traffic, and she sat cruising at 75-80mph easily. The few times I had to overtake or merge into traffic I felt I had plenty of power to burn. Great job and great choice on engine Ford!
Overall fit and finish felt good, although the interior plastics feel cheap in a lot of places. I would’ve liked some more soft touch materials on the dash. Don’t know if this was on purpose for cost savings or for wear and tear but the materials don’t impress much. The look is great though and I felt comfortable in my seating position and arm rests. No problems with that at all. Way more comfortable than a wrangler as well. I’m 6’4” and have no room issues with the truck.
I loved the big screen and Sync4, however this is my one issue from the drive with the Bronco.
I had previously setup Apple CarPlay and Bluetooth with my phone and it was working fine. After starting my drive though it dropped the CarPlay and would not reconnect in the settings. I ended up having to pull over twice on the trip to turn it off and back on to get CarPlay to work. I was trying to make some calls and reply to some text messages with voice commands and wanted CarPlay to work. You could’ve maybe got it to work with straight Bluetooth by picking up the phone and dialing but I didn’t try that as I wanted hands free while driving. After the second restart it worked for the rest of the trip. The phone call I made worked great, my call quality was good and after taking to the other person they said they would hear everything perfectly, even at 75mph and soft top.
I plan on taking it on some trails this weekend so will add in my thoughts of that. I also have 3 kids and plan on putting three car seats/booste across the back so will post pics and give you my thoughts once I do that.
Enjoy the pics and I’ll be adding some more as I take them!
Overall I still can’t wait for mine to arrive!
Ford Bronco Bronco, Jets and 🇺🇸 C99B5EC5-8AD5-488F-864A-3A04D1BE13C8

0F02B0AE-9910-4D49-A970-23B30E1527B8.jpeg

32E5E882-462D-4D41-99D7-D439D8E86B35.jpeg

33CCE116-04AA-4ACD-988B-3393A0C0486F.jpeg

7A6CB915-A7F8-4BCE-BB6F-B244CE3D67CC.jpeg

B82AEB61-B88D-405B-89DF-069F756CEABC.jpeg
Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That rally looks nice!

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You know it's honestly kindve annoying to see the list of commodities and what is constrained to build and the Wildtrak model being on there as one of them but yet they sure as hell built alot of them to send out as demos and mannequin units. Looks amazing of course but it's just kindve irritating to see. Like ford saying "sorry we can't build your vehicle because the parts we need aren't there, but while you're waiting you should go test drive a Wildtrak at the dealership near you". Im ranting now....

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm all for gratuitous airplane pics ;) but how about some info. Your daily ride?

Sponsored
OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm all for gratuitous airplane pics ;) but how about some info. Your daily ride?
Right now my daily ride is Size 13 Brooks Glycerin’s lol
Sold my car about 4 months ago in prep for the Bronco to come.
My dealer says my FE 4door Lightning Blue is Priority 1 now though so hoping it scheduled this week 👍🏻🙏
Until then I’ll have to keep grabbing our Honda Odyssey keys from the wife when I get sick of walking!
Have had to rent a car to get to work a few times as well 🤬 Didn’t think I’d be waiting this long like everyone else for the Bronco

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right now my daily ride is Size 13 Brooks Glycerin’s lol
Sold my car about 4 months ago in prep for the Bronco to come.
My dealer says my FE 4door Lightning Blue is Priority 1 now though so hoping it scheduled this week 👍🏻🙏
Until then I’ll have to keep grabbing our Honda Odyssey keys from the wife when I get sick of walking!
Have had to rent a car to get to work a few times as well 🤬 Didn’t think I’d be waiting this long like everyone else for the Bronco

Naw man, I don't care what you putt around in traffic in. The jet. That's all I care about.
I can't imagine trying to juggle a single car with my wife though.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Naw man, I don't care what you putt around in traffic in. The jet. That's all I care about.
Exactly… I came here for the jet. ✈

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly… I came here for the jet. ✈

Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get my Bronco out on the tarmac without getting in too much trouble.

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was wondering if that’s what you were referring to lol
Currently fly a Gulfstream 550 and G280.
Heading out to get typed in the new G600 soon so super excited about that! Going to be sad to see the G550 go though, such a great plane.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering if that’s what you were referring to lol
Currently fly a Gulfstream 550 and G280.
Heading out to get typed in the new G600 soon so super excited about that! Going to be sad to see the G550 go though, such a great plane.

Geez, how do you not lead with that?

I'm a GV pilot, and here's what I think of the Bronco...
Now it's going to be a GVI pilot.

Post up some cool pics I know you have.
(1) Aviation Photo and BS thread | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ford Bronco Bronco, Jets and 🇺🇸 67E1576F-E5B4-405A-BEF7-E2CFE4AC64F1

OP
OP
txozpilot

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Geez, how do you not lead with that?

I'm a GV pilot, and here's what I think of the Bronco...
Now it's going to be a GVI pilot.

Post up some cool pics I know you have.
(1) Aviation Photo and BS thread | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Lol, in my world that might be a little douchey to lead with that ;) But if you love Cars you probably love planes so I thought I’d put the pics up.. Will add some to the thread you linked.. hadn’t seen that thread so I’ll check it out for sure.
Sponsored