Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there anyone who has replaced/upgraded the stock microphone? I'm no stranger to the road noise having a wrangler a while back but with tech today I imagine getting a better noise canceling mic would go along way to improving phone calls with the integrated system.
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has there anyone who has replaced/upgraded the stock microphone? I'm no stranger to the road noise having a wrangler a while back but with tech today I imagine getting a better noise canceling mic would go along way to improving phone calls with the integrated system.
Really good question! People hate calling me when I am in the Bronco...it is so loud for them.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get a good Bluetooth headset then. I have not had any complaints when I am using the built in mic. Upgrading the mic will make the noise worse if it is sensitive. The noise canceling is all programming.

OP
OP
Wildcardspades58
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I know it's a weird ask. Using a bluetooth headset is my go-to solution right now. Just wanted to take advantage of the in-car setup as much as I can or make it my own. My only gripe about the bluetooth is sometimes it doesn't understand the priority of devices and defaults to the Bronco over my headset but I think that has to do more with the phone that anything else.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a good question - But like others have said, you might do more harm than good by replacing that. I imagine this could be re-programed for a new one, but may be a PITA if you're not familiar with it.

I get the same comments from people if I'm talking on the phone while driving. Just wait until you try with the top off... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cat

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wildcardspades58
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ROFL...I know better than that. I had a wrangler with a soft top....it was even worse driving on I-90 in South Dakota where it transformed the vehicle where it was like being in a massive subwoofer. Could not hear a thing for hundreds of miles. 🤣

But with these long road trips I've taken its nice to have some audio options. Do you happen to know where exactly the mic is located? Perhaps I can mitigate the sound directionally somehow.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am traveling salesperson and I do a lot of business calls (handsfree) while driving.

Well, I USED to do a lot of calls, not anymore 🤣.

If there is some noise canceling technology , I would be very interested.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m surprised to hear others don’t think it’s good. When I take calls from my friends when they’re driving their Broncos the quality is probably the best I’ve heard from Ford in a long time. Unsure if Lux has anything to do with it but I don’t hear wind noises or anything and they also don’t sound like they’re in the opposite corner of the car like they do in other Ford models

OP
OP
Wildcardspades58
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Lux package. It's great on my end for audio quality but people I call tell me how bad the road noise comes through worse than other vehicles through their end. There is a sweet spot for when it gets bad. I'd say when you go over 50 mph; if its just general urban driving its not that bad at all.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve asked and nobody I talk to seems to hear anything odd. They say it sounds fine. Now I’ve not tried it with the top down or doors off.

Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have had several people comment that they can hardly hear me and I sound like I’m far from the mic. Can’t imagine how bad it will be once the top comes off. Come on, Ford!

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
does this have more to do with how close you are to the mic. Like a taller person might be closer and easier to hear than a smaller person?

OP
OP
Wildcardspades58
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im average height...5'9''. Hard top roof on. I think not having the roof is asking too much from any microphone while driving and I'll reiterate that it happens at highway speeds, not casual driving to which people have a hard time hearing me.

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Another data point...mine started off good, per my wife, then went to hell after a couple of the pushed updates. She can't stand to talk to me while I'm driving the Bronco now.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only time I have had a problem was yesterday in one heck of a rain storm... it was coming down in sheets and blowing 40 to 50 mph winds.... it could not understand my voice commands... but this is the only time it has happen.... by the way.... NO leaks on the hard top... :)
Sponsored