First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where is the obstacle? How did he manage to roll it there?
Sponsored

woodysfj40

Outer Banks
First Name
woody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BJ74, FZJ80, NCV3, JHF
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where is the obstacle? How did he manage to roll it there?
The incident is towards the end of The Fallen, just a couple obstacles prior to the Drill Grounds (I helped break the trail a few years back). The climb at 1:35 over Casey's left shoulder is likely where they rolled off...the breakover is sharp, and the left side of that climb is relatively verticle and about 6' tall. Easy spot to get light if you aren't paying attention.

Much of Sand Hollow involves driving the front tires to position the rear tires correctly. When a driver doesn't do that, the rear will drive under and it gets tippy quick. Worse, most don't even know it's going bad until its REALLY bad.

OP
OP
BroncoWTFAN

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The incident is towards the end of The Fallen, just a couple obstacles prior to the Drill Grounds (I helped break the trail a few years back). The climb at 1:35 over Casey's left shoulder is likely where they rolled off...the breakover is sharp, and the left side of that climb is relatively verticle and about 6' tall. Easy spot to get light if you aren't paying attention.

Much of Sand Hollow involves driving the front tires to position the rear tires correctly. When a driver doesn't do that, the rear will drive under and it gets tippy quick. Worse, most don't even know it's going bad until its REALLY bad.
Hopefully someone here has the back story on this one. It’s a bad day but we can all learn from it.

Sponsored

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's totalled.
See ya 50k, probably won't get insurance.
I've never read the fine print and only do some mild off-roading (not getting into situations where I may roll it over) but have always wondered what the deal is with insurance in these types of situations?

Do they have a clause that says that if you take it off-road, they don't cover you?

OP
OP
BroncoWTFAN

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never read the fine print and only do some mild off-roading (not getting into situations where I may roll it over) but have always wondered what the deal is with insurance in these types of situations?

Do they have a clause that says that if you take it off-road, they don't cover you?
I would think it's like any other one car accident.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would think it's like any other one car accident.
Hope so, I've no idea, just figuring the insurance company is going to wonder what you were doing and try to get out of it. Perhaps you're right, it doesn't matter, hopefully.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Insurance is for accidents so it will be covered. They even cover stupid mistakes, that's what you pay for. You can go off-roading , take a car or motorcycle to the track and it's covered as long as it is not a timed race event.

Your rates will probably increase and if you do it often you can be dropped but mostly you're ok.

OP
OP
BroncoWTFAN

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insurance is for accidents so it will be covered. They even cover stupid mistakes, that's what you pay for. You can go off-roading , take a car or motorcycle to the track and it's covered as long as it is not a timed race event.

Your rates will probably increase and if you do it often you can be dropped but mostly you're ok.
Yeah, if first one they should be fine, keep doing it no so much.
Sponsored