Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait, what?? Where does this voucher code come from? There was nothing in my box other than the rack and a hardware pack (that was open and flying around inside)
It was taped, along with the hardware pack, to the top side of one of the foam, packing rectangles. It was a lime green piece of paper.
Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! IMG_0736
Sponsored

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Subaru Outback, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

question for @Ducati1098 or anyone else in the know:

what is the difference between these part numbers? (other than price)
NB3Z-3504-M
M-3200-WT

I have a 2022 (pre-HOSS 3.0) WT and want to upgrade the rack. definitely want to beef up from the 2.0 I have but curious in the difference in these. 74Weld is also on the list but just wondering what the actual difference is between those two part #s

thanks in advance for any insight!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NB3Z-3504-M
M-3200-WT

I have a 2022 (pre-HOSS 3.0) WT and want to upgrade the rack. definitely want to beef up from the 2.0 I have but curious in the difference in these. 74Weld is also on the list but just wondering what the actual difference is between those two part #s

No idea. If someone sends me a picture of the engineering part number on the ford accessory rack I can try and see what part number it matches to.

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No idea. If someone sends me a picture of the engineering part number on the ford accessory rack I can try and see what part number it matches to.
@RagnarKon @flip - are you guys able to help here? I am happy to look as well but admittedly do not know where to begin my search.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon @flip - are you guys able to help here? I am happy to look as well but admittedly do not know where to begin my search.
We need someone who actually bought the kit to snap a photo of the sticker on the steering rack. I'm going to shamelessly tag @Gene Dios to see if he can help. I can see the sticker but the resolution on his photo isn't quite high enough to make out the part number.

---

Just a quick run-down on Ford's Parts system... there is actually three completely separate part numbers that are all related.
  • Engineering Part Number — This is the part number that's usually physically on the part itself. Either through a sticker, or molded into a plastic piece, or something similar.
  • Service Part Number — This is the part number that the service departments (ie. your dealership) uses to order the part. One or more engineering part numbers are assigned to a single service part number, and some times a service part will contain additional install materials needed for installation. This is also the part number you usually use when you order something online through one of the various part resellers.
  • Ford Performance Part Number — This is the part number that Ford Performance Parts assign to the component when they sell it via Ford Performance. Usually it goes beyond a Service Part kit and contains additional installation materials and instructions that allows the end user to perform installation. Like the Service Part, one or more Engineering Parts can be assigned to the Ford Performance Part.
So... for example... the winch that comes on the Everglades trim has the Service Part Number M2DZ-19E536-A. That service part number has 31 different Engineering Parts assigned to it, and when sold through Ford Performance it has the part number M-1821-B. Same physical part, just different part numbers.

Dealerships have access to a database that allows them to punch in an engineering part number and get back the service part number. But they don't have any access to the Ford Performance part numbers. The two parts you have listed could very well be exactly the same part, but we won't know until we get the engineering part from this Ford Performance kit that @Ducati1098 can look up.

Sponsored

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We need someone who actually bought the kit to snap a photo of the sticker on the steering rack. I'm going to shamelessly tag @Gene Dios to see if he can help. I can see the sticker but the resolution on his photo isn't quite high enough to make out the part number.

---

Just a quick run-down on Ford's Parts system... there is actually three completely separate part numbers that are all related.
  • Engineering Part Number — This is the part number that's usually physically on the part itself. Either through a sticker, or molded into a plastic piece, or something similar.
  • Service Part Number — This is the part number that the service departments (ie. your dealership) uses to order the part. One or more engineering part numbers are assigned to a single service part number, and some times a service part will contain additional install materials needed for installation. This is also the part number you usually use when you order something online through one of the various part resellers.
  • Ford Performance Part Number — This is the part number that Ford Performance Parts assign to the component when they sell it via Ford Performance. Usually it goes beyond a Service Part kit and contains additional installation materials and instructions that allows the end user to perform installation. Like the Service Part, one or more Engineering Parts can be assigned to the Ford Performance Part.
So... for example... the winch that comes on the Everglades trim has the Service Part Number M2DZ-19E536-A. That service part number has 31 different Engineering Parts assigned to it, and when sold through Ford Performance it has the part number M-1821-B. Same physical part, just different part numbers.

Dealerships have access to a database that allows them to punch in an engineering part number and get back the service part number. But they don't have any access to the Ford Performance part numbers. The two parts you have listed could very well be exactly the same part, but we won't know until we get the engineering part from this Ford Performance kit that @Ducati1098 can look up.
thanks a ton for this insight! way more complex than originally thought. I figured it would be outside of my ability to find it but am hopeful someone can give an assist.
as always, the insights of those in the know is appreciated greatly by those not in the know like me.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was taped, along with the hardware pack, to the top side of one of the foam, packing rectangles. It was a lime green piece of paper.
IMG_0736.jpeg
Following up on this. When I connected my ProCal unit to my computer, I used this voucher number when prompted to log into Ford Performance. It gave me an error code that the calibration was not found. I am working with the Ford Performance service guys to see what is going on, but they do not even have service instructions yet on this part.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's probably going to be the standard WT rack. If you look at the WT, the tie rod ends already say Ford Performance so I have no reason to think they developed a different long rack just for FP to sell.
Ford Bronco BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT now available from Ford Performance Parts! 1709831201334

gjptennis

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's probably going to be the standard WT rack. If you look at the WT, the tie rod ends already say Ford Performance so I have no reason to think they developed a different long rack just for FP to sell.
1709831201334.png
thanks @flip!
pardon my ignorance here but I am going to go out on a limb and theorize that by "...standard WT rack." you are referring to the 3.0 rack and not the original 2.0 rack I got with my 7/22 delivery, so if I already have upgraded tie rods (Icon), I could get away with the part number in your screenshot and if I needed the upgraded tie rods, the second part number would be the choice?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NB3Z-3504-M
M-3200-WT

I'll check my box when I get home, but I remember seeing the number ending in WT on the box.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks @flip!
pardon my ignorance here but I am going to go out on a limb and theorize that by "...standard WT rack." you are referring to the 3.0 rack and not the original 2.0 rack I got with my 7/22 delivery
Correct, the "new" standard 3.0 rack.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll check my box when I get home, but I remember seeing the number ending in WT on the box.
There might be a white sticker on the rack itself with a QR code or engineering number. I don't think they stamp them in anymore and it's highly possible they pulled the sticker off before sending to FP for resale.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following up on this. When I connected my ProCal unit to my computer, I used this voucher number when prompted to log into Ford Performance. It gave me an error code that the calibration was not found. I am working with the Ford Performance service guys to see what is going on, but they do not even have service instructions yet on this part.
Knew that was coming! Definitely keep us posted!

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon @flip There are about 10 or more different stickers on this thing and a few numbers stamped into various metal parts. I'm trying to determine which is which according to format examples @RagnarKon shared. The motor housing has nb3v-3d080-BD on it. Is that a service part number?

Edit: If either of you are free after 4pm eastern and down to hop on a video call to examine this thing that might be more efficient.
Sponsored

Last edited: