redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The RC driver’s side bushing WILL NOT work with the Severe Duty/Hoss 3.0 rack. I found that out the hard way today. Not sure about passenger’s side, as I went with a housing that had a bushing.

10-4. I deleted post so not to confuse.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The RC driver’s side bushing WILL NOT work with the Severe Duty/Hoss 3.0 rack. I found that out the hard way today. Not sure about passenger’s side, as I went with a housing that had a bushing.
Side note: did you ever manage to program the rack w/procal? Seems alot of folks are struggling w/that!

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really don't want aftermarket bushings with the Hoss 3.0. I had some wear on my stock hoss 3.0 bushing and about the same wear on my BroncBuster bushing. Switched to 74Weld bushing and I even regret doing that. Rather just have left it stock and saved the money towards a 74weld full steering rack.
I agree. In retrospect, I likely wouldn’t take the time to do the bushing. The Hoss 3.0 bushing was a bear to get out, which made me think it would survive much longer than the 2.0. With that said, I had the bushing on hand, and by the time I destroyed the factory bushing, I was pot committed. Daily driver modding woes…

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side note: did you ever manage to program the rack w/procal? Seems alot of folks are struggling w/that!
I was. Completed the install over the weekend. It went pretty smooth, aside from the bushing issues. The programming piece was relatively straightforward, once you get the file onto your ProCal tool.

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shot in the dark, but does anyone have an old 2.0 Rack lying they’d be willing to sell me? When torquing down my Stage 1 - 74 Weld housing, one of the T30 bolts just sheared completely off flush with the rack. I am thinking I might need to salvage part of a donor rack to frankenstein mine back to life (if I cant extract the bolt out of the housing, which I am debating if it is even worth my time trying since I’ve never had any luck extracting bolts). Thanks.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_1399

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that bolt is broken off in the main housing? Take the outer housing off and cut a screwdriver slot in the broke bolt with a thin cutoff wheel. If it’s too stuck to get with a flathead screwdriver weld a nut to it.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@jh3113
Easiest way is taking it out and apart. Then simply welding a nut on the end (muffler shop) will free it up due to the heat.

FYI your fine to drive it as is for a while, just no wheeling or jumping speed bumps.

heelyeah

Outer Banks
First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco; 2022 F150 Lightning; 2021 JT (wife's)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shot in the dark, but does anyone have an old 2.0 Rack lying they’d be willing to sell me? When torquing down my Stage 1 - 74 Weld housing, one of the T30 bolts just sheared completely off flush with the rack. I am thinking I might need to salvage part of a donor rack to frankenstein mine back to life (if I cant extract the bolt out of the housing, which I am debating if it is even worth my time trying since I’ve never had any luck extracting bolts). Thanks.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_1399
I've got one but I'm in NC. Where are you?

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that bolt is broken off in the main housing? Take the outer housing off and cut a screwdriver slot in the broke bolt with a thin cutoff wheel. If it’s too stuck to get with a flathead screwdriver weld a nut to it.
Found a left-handed bit set in the garage and was able to extract it really easily without even removing the housing. Yay! Thanks for everyones advice!

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT IMG_1401
Sponsored