Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all!

I went to the Ford Performance parts store looking for a diff cover... I am not in the market but stumbled across this:

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT| Part Details for M-3200-WT | Ford Performance Parts - https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3200-WT

BRONCO SEVERE DUTY STEERING UPGRADE KIT

Part number: M-3200-WT
Retail Price: $1,300.00

Upgrade your Bronco's off-road capability with an all-new, complete, ready-to-install Steering Gear from Ford Performance Parts.

Featuring a higher torque motor and improved and reinforced steering gear casing from the Bronco Raptor, stronger inner tie rods with improved articulation, and reinforced outer tie rods with increased deflection ball joints. Significantly reduces steering efforts in various off-road conditions.

Requires Ford Pro-Cal 4 to program and configure the steering gear.
  • 2.7 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B27
  • 2.3 Bronco with Performance Tune - M-9603-B23
  • Pro-Cal 4 Tool only (minimum required to complete install) - M-12655-F
Fitment
  • 2021-2024 2Dr (all models) are compatible
  • 2021-2024 4Dr Bronco with Sasquatch package
  • 2021-2022.5 4Dr Bronco Wildtrak®
***Module configuration required***

Note: Pro-Cal 4 needs to be connected to the vehicle before the original steering rack is removed to be able to proper configure and program the new steering gear.

Exclusions: 2021-2023 Bronco 4Dr Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Badlands that do NOT have the factory Sasquatch Package.

M-3200-WT (1).jpeg
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First time I’ve seen this. Only took them 2 years to offer it.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good find, about freaking time ford...Now folks can use the procal....I'ma contact FP and see what exactly the programming entails are and if the Steering program could be uploaded to "ANY" Pro Cal tool? as it should be...

For many folkers, this will be welcomed because they can FINALLY have the dealership install this and keep. the "precious" warranty

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For many folkers, this will be welcomed because they can FINALLY have the dealership install this and keep. the "precious" warranty
I’m not sure about that. Most Ford performance parts are sold without a warranty.
It could be a mistake or just not listed, but according to that website listing it says no warranty available.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure about that. Most Ford performance parts are sold without a warranty.
It could be a mistake or just not listed, but according to that website listing it says no warranty available.
You are correct. Ford Performance Parts are considered aftermarket components and are sold without warranty unless otherwise specified.

For the Bronco, I think the only thing that has a warranty attached is the ProCal performance tunes. (And only when installed by an ASE/RSE certified tech.)

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct. Ford Performance Parts are considered aftermarket components and are sold without warranty unless otherwise specified.

For the Bronco, I think the only thing that has a warranty attached is the ProCal performance tunes. (And only when installed by an ASE/RSE certified tech.)
Im not saying you are wrong but I wonder how this would hold up in court, if push came to shove? Ford selling you parts that void your warranty. And then selling some parts that don’t void warranty and others that do.

My basic understanding of the law is even if you have a written policy that says X, it becomes void (at least questionable) when you exhibit contradictory precedence.

The fact you are buying from Ford and that warranty terms aren’t consistent may be construed as confusing to the consumer. This part is more interesting because if it has no warranty but requires a part from FP that does have warranty to make it work then that seems even more confusing.

I’m not a lawyer and surely all this has been thought out before making it available but it is interesting.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im not saying you are wrong but I wonder how this would hold up in court, if push came to shove? Ford selling you parts that void your warranty. And then selling some parts that don’t void warranty and others that do.

My basic understanding of the law is even if you have a written policy that says X, it becomes void (at least questionable) when you exhibit contradictory precedence.

The fact you are buying from Ford and that warranty terms aren’t consistent may be construed as confusing to the consumer. This part is more interesting because if it has no warranty but requires a part from FP that does have warranty to make it work then that seems even more confusing.

I’m not a lawyer and surely all this has been thought out before making it available but it is interesting.
The warranty terms are consistent though, and clearly outlined on their site pertaining to what has a warranty and what does not. Not sure how you could argue against that.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm outside of warranty so lets goooooo

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay, I should be more clear.

Ford Performance parts, just like any other aftermarket component, DOES NOT automatically void your existing warranty. However, if the damaged/broken component on your vehicle was caused by the use of Ford Performance parts, your warranty claim may be denied. And Ford Performance parts themselves are also not covered by your factory warranty (or anyother warranty) unless otherwise specified.

So... couple of examples:

Say you have a Ford Performance steering rack, and your driver's side window stops rolling up and down. They cannot deny your warranty coverage on the window just because you've installed a Ford Performance steering rack.

Now say you're driving along with your new Ford Performance steering rack, and suddenly the servo motor inside the rack stops functioning and the vehicle itself starts throwing a bunch of DTCs. If you walk into a dealership with your factory warranty they're going to look at that Ford Performance steering rack, realize it's not a factory component, and say something along the lines of "cool. pay up or go pound sand".

Hopefully that makes sense.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is different about the 4DR non-squatch rack???

:unsure: only thing I can thing that is different would be the FAD with those models not being the advance transfer case. Would this be why?? Next question is why would the FAD interfere with the rack programming ???? Why are all 2drs covered then???? Wouldn't a non-squatch 2DR have the standard transfer case with a front axle disconnect???? I thought I understood how the Broncs were optioned.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance parts, just like any other aftermarket component, DOES NOT automatically void your existing warranty. However, if the damaged/broken component on your vehicle was caused by the use of Ford Performance parts, your warranty claim may be denied. And Ford Performance parts themselves are also not covered by your factory warranty (or anyother warranty) unless otherwise specified.

Say you have a Ford Performance steering rack, and your driver's side window stops rolling up and down. They cannot deny your warranty coverage on the window just because you've installed a Ford Performance steering rack.

Now say you're driving along with your new Ford Performance steering rack, and suddenly the servo motor inside the rack stops functioning and the vehicle itself starts throwing a bunch of DTCs. If you walk into a dealership with your factory warranty they're going to look at that Ford Performance steering rack, realize it's not a factory component, and say something along the lines of "cool. pay up or go pound sand".

Agree. And you didn’t have to go through that pain to clarify. I really do get it.

It was more a theoretical type thought I said out loud. I’m not that type of buyer/owner and certainly not litigious in practice. Far from it. Sorry if that post made it sound otherwise. Not my finest work.

That said, let’s not waste any more time detracting from the initial find. Being a 4 door non-SAS Badlands owner I’m also curious why it’s excluded.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance parts, just like any other aftermarket component, DOES NOT automatically void your existing warranty.

However, if the damaged/broken component on your vehicle was caused by the use of Ford Performance parts, your warranty claim may be denied. And Ford Performance parts themselves are also not covered by your factory warranty (or anyother warranty) unless otherwise specified.

Yes , it makes about as much sense as can be made when talking about a subject the dealer has a lot of control over.

I believe the factory "bumper to bumper" warranty is what Big Meats was referring to, as that is what you hear the masses crying about regarding EVERY accessory that becomes available.

I think that is why the FP/Bilstein lift kit was so eagerly anticipated ... a lift that, in theory, Ford wouldn't "deny your warranty" over IF you had them install it, EVEN if it were a suspension part claim.... or so they like to believe.

I guess the thoughts are:
Having them install that part, the vehicle and that mod are "accepted by Ford" and the warranty would be intact, even on a suspension part claim.
... or maybe re-stated as...
it is the same as if the vehicle had not been modified at all.

Not sure how true that is in practice, but that seems to be what the masses believe.

(I highlighted the part that is probably the big selling point for the "keep your warranty intact" crowd.)

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Pro-Cal 4 Install tool listed in the details certainly catches my eye, as I have no desire to run a tune that requires premium, but I'd like to correct my speedo and/or gearing as needed.
Sponsored

Last edited: