Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We also know that Ford only did crash testing using NON-SAS Broncos with smaller tires, which explains why they fail the second a larger tire is installed.
Except they don’t fail the second a larger tire is installed. Aside from the broncbuster rig running 40s and intentionally trying to break the rack, do you have examples of other racks failing?
Sponsored

cjindna

Base
First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Sasquatch 4 door 2.3l 10spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Curious as well if anyone has seen a rack failure apart from a tie rod failure, i.e. rack only issue

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
at the Bronco Off-Rodeo last week a test engineer from ford was there and told me that the upgraded rack is basically a stock rack with the Broncbuster upgrade installed. Im sure it is slightly different but the same principle of supporting the drivers side rack. Save the money and get the broncbuster rack fix. took under an hour to install both the rack fix and the tie rod braces. 600 vs way more for the ford performance stuff when it is finally avalable.
That’s not correct, at least not for the Bronco Raptor which uses F-150 Raptor inner and outer tie rods and a higher capacity motor. In a new case. I don’t know what the differences are on the Wildtrak if it uses the same rack as the Raptor (I don’t think so) or a modified rack. From all the details I’ve been aware of the Badlands rack was used as the basis for designing the Raptors rack though I can’t confirm if that’s just purely for a difference in the rack because of the sta bar disconnect or if the Badlands has a unique rack already.

I’d imagine it is the same internal stuff between Raptors and Wildtraks (cost perspective would make this the best bet) but using standard F-150 tie rods just due to less needed width on the Wildtrak. I’ll see if I can find more about it.

Curious as well if anyone has seen a rack failure apart from a tie rod failure, i.e. rack only issue
Yes I’ve seen investigations for internal gear failures regarding the Bronco

Last edited:

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except they don’t fail the second a larger tire is installed. Aside from the broncbuster rig running 40s and intentionally trying to break the rack, do you have examples of other racks failing?
That was a poor choice of words, I did not mean I think that the rack explodes the second you put big tires on it. They certainly are not that weak, I just think many people had the idea it could take more abuse. I do know Michael Cox popped one at KOH and I have seen a few issues with the rack skipping teeth from other people besides BroncBuster. Obviously, his driving style and the fact that he runs 40-inch boggers filled with water certainly are an issue. I think things are further exacerbated by people doing taller spacer lifts that allow the rack to potentially overextend as well. With that said if it wasn't a potential weak point for hard driving, it would not have been upgraded on the Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 and Raptor, the two packages with larger tires, meant for high-speed off-roading. It should also be noted that the 4600 cars do not run the stock rack either. All in, I am not in the "BrOnCO R4Kk TrAsH FeRD Big dUmMy" camp by any means. I am sure you could run 37s, and as long as you are gentle and do not drive like an idiot the stock stuff is probably fine. More or less I was just offering my theory as to why this component could potentially be underrated compared to some people's expectations.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it has a part # it can be ordered. Honestly though, I remember a rep saying it was only 2mm bigger. I'm just getting the broncbuster sleeve, and jks tie rod sleeves.

Drive like you have some sense and should be good...
The broncbuster sleeves make me nervous that the force will instead break the rack. I’ve seen a recent FB post of his with a busted steering rack, but I don’t know if the sleeves played a role or not. Instead, I’ve got two extra tie rods I plan to keep in the bronco with me.

Sponsored

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not correct. It uses F-150 Raptor inner and outer tie rods and a higher capacity motor. In a new case
that's interesting. I was just sharing what I was told. But what you describe would be great.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's interesting. I was just sharing what I was told. But what you describe would be great.
I edited my post with a little more information about things. It’s not much more but stuff I’ll try to look into when I can. I have prototype part numbers but that doesn’t get us anywhere as I’m sure retail numbers will be in line with the current rack numbers (I think there are 6 right now)

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone with a wildtrack 3.0 hoss vin should be able to ask the dealer what the part number on the rack is....pretty simple.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

at the Bronco Off-Rodeo last week a test engineer from ford was there and told me that the upgraded rack is basically a stock rack with the Broncbuster upgrade installed. Im sure it is slightly different but the same principle of supporting the drivers side rack. Save the money and get the broncbuster rack fix. took under an hour to install both the rack fix and the tie rod braces. 600 vs way more for the ford performance stuff when it is finally avalable.
There no way that Ford is gonna use that guy's redneck engineering! ROFL! His fix is a band-aid for a bigger problem.
And just because he thrashes his junk hard enough to destroy it don't make him a better driver or any kind of an engineer. In fact I think the whole thing is really a money grab from stupid people, but we all have opinions.
Some folks just know better that to buy junk.
For example, Loren Healy is not using the BB fix on his own truck, he's waiting on the Ford part like me.

Ford will offer the HD rack very soon.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need a VIN from a WT already produced with this setup.
If I see one I’ll get you one but review Raptors are getting built at the end of this month I can give you a VIN for one of those possibly.