Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I see one I’ll get you one but review Raptors are getting built at the end of this month I can give you a VIN for one of those possibly.
Just tried one and Microcat doesn't recognize the VIN so it's either not produced or Ford hasn't released the data to the parts cat. companies yet.

If I get a full VIN, might be able to look up via HVBOM and at least get an engineering number.
Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just tried one and Microcat doesn't recognize the VIN so it's either not produced or Ford hasn't released the data to the parts cat. companies yet.

If I get a full VIN, might be able to look up via HVBOM and at least get an engineering number.
Can you reference me an engineering number so I can assist in that? I know the internal engineering development parts number but I don’t think it’s relevant. I also know the build code number but again don’t know if that’s what you’re talking about.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The broncbuster sleeves make me nervous that the force will instead break the rack. I’ve seen a recent FB post of his with a busted steering rack, but I don’t know if the sleeves played a role or not. Instead, I’ve got two extra tie rods I plan to keep in the bronco with me.
My trail fix plan is a black iron nipple and some JB quick weld.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you reference me an engineering number so I can assist in that? I know the internal engineering development parts number but I don’t think it’s relevant. I also know the build code number but again don’t know if that’s what you’re talking about.
As soon as I get a full VIN I can download the list from HVBOM. I guess there aren't that many that have been produced and delivered yet.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As soon as I get a full VIN I can download the list from HVBOM. I guess there aren't that many that have been produced and delivered yet.
I meant if you had one from a regular VIN so I can look here

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are the 3 current choices in Microcat.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Upgraded Steering Rack and Tie Rods 1649434033392

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Upgraded Steering Rack and Tie Rods 1649434058978

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Upgraded Steering Rack and Tie Rods 1649434084515

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My HVBOM steering gear and TREs.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Upgraded Steering Rack and Tie Rods 1649434313054

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are the 3 current choices in Microcat.

God I wish I had that access that’s neat.
Here’s the engineering number (guess I was wrong it was what I had). But could be different for final production this was from development.

NB3V-3D070-BA

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

my gut says it may be this off the F150 raptor, I could be wrong, but this should be the base they started from.

Tie Rod Kit
Part #: 3280
Usage: 07/22/2021, F150, Performance Version
Section: Steering Gear

Rack And Pinion Steering Gear
Part #: 3504
Usage: 07/22/2021 - 11/15/2021, F150, 3.5L CYCLON-D4- G-DI-TIVCT-UPG, 145"/3675MM Wheelbase, Performance Version
Section: Steering Gear

Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except they don’t fail the second a larger tire is installed. Aside from the broncbuster rig running 40s and intentionally trying to break the rack, do you have examples of other racks failing?
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Broncbuster broke his rack and tie rods at the same time while running 37s on his rig. Which led to the creation of the tie rod sleeve and plastic piece for the rack. Don’t think he’s broken a rack yet since the 40s, but he did break a set of RPG’s tie rods on them.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Broncbuster broke his rack and tie rods at the same time while running 37s on his rig. Which led to the creation of the tie rod sleeve and plastic piece for the rack. Don’t think he’s broken a rack yet since the 40s, but he did break a set of RPG’s tie rods on them.
Again, Broncbuster is breaking racks on purpose to sell his product.

Aside from him, are there others breaking racks? I haven’t seen any other steering racks with issues.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not trying to derail this thread but I saw someone posted a VIN for I think Braptor. Any chance you can use it to try and pull their part numbers for their steering components?

8e4ebe16-b5e2-441c-b23d-7ef524cd1a63-jpeg.jpg

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Again, Broncbuster is breaking racks on purpose to sell his product.

Aside from him, are there others breaking racks? I haven’t seen any other steering racks with issues.
An alternate theory is it could be because he was the first to start wheeling the bronco hard and documenting it for everyone if I remember correctly. Since then, people have only been breaking the tie rods (never seen anyone break using the sleeve), which means the force stopped before the rack, or they’re breaking other things since no one really buys just one of his products and not the other. Feel free to be a GP. Could always just buy the sleeve, then wheel as hard as that dude did on 37s, and see if you break a rack.

pretty sure that one billeville truck guy on YouTube broke his rack just in a mud pit but who knows, that might’ve been “on purpose” too:p

if tyler really is breaking stuff on purpose (whatever that means since we literally take our trucks off road knowing it causes what an mfg calls excessive wear), he also fooled Ford Performance as he’s also the reason the HD steering rack reinforcement was born

Last edited:

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not trying to derail this thread but I saw someone posted a VIN for I think Braptor. Any chance you can use it to try and pull their part numbers for their steering components?

Ford Bronco Ford Performance Upgraded Steering Rack and Tie Rods 8e4ebe16-b5e2-441c-b23d-7ef524cd1a63-jpe
That’s not built yet so he won’t be able to gain any info until then he said. That’s VIN 1 which just sold at auction
Sponsored