Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before burNing money like that, I’d just get a Raptor.

What you‘ve listed right now is around $35K-$50K and unless you’ve got a sponsor and plan to add a cage, my question is why?

That’s Ultra4 4600 class money there my friend. Price that crap out and see if it still makes sense. Would be an awesome rig, but the Raptor gets you around 85% to where you’re talking and would actually be cheaper even if you pay some ADM.
I disagree.
A Badlands with portals is going to cost less than a Raptor with portals.
As to the question of why...
I don't know, honest answer is probably, because I think it would be cool to have.
I got a Hellcat with 910hp to the wheels. I use a tiny fraction of the power on a daily basis. I just like knowing it's there.
Looks, bragging rights, ego gratification, whatever take your pick.
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the 74weld 2.0 rack and wouldn’t go back ..it’s a much better setup than anything else. My opinion the hoss 3.0 is an upgrade but not much really. And with the 2.0 no programming needed.

IMG_2718.jpeg
I changed my WT order to the HOSS 3.0 option as soon as it came available in 2022 (my WT is just now being shipped from MAP 15 months later).

I have no plans to increase tire size from stock. I just like the comfort of having parts engineered to higher tolerances. I thought the package was a great value for the money.

I'm sure that the 74Weld is a great product for people that are really pushing the engineering tolerance with wheel/tire/ suspension modifications and doing more intensive offraoding than I plan to do.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptors don’t even come close to what a Bronco with upgraded steering on portals can do. The two biggest weakness of 6Gs, Raptors included, is steering and ground clearance. I want to be able to drive out to the biggest rock trails in the west and not drag my belly everywhere.
Have you seen the ground clearance comparisons between a heavily modified Wrangler on 40s vs. stock Braptor. Hint, you may be quite surprised.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I changed my WT order to the HOSS 3.0 option as soon as it came available in 2022 (my WT is just now being shipped from MAP 15 months later).

I have no plans to increase tire size from stock. I just like the comfort of having parts engineered to higher tolerances.
A vocabulary correction here, you are not getting higher tolerances, you are getting increased allowables (permitted load before part yield or ultimate strength is exceeded) achieved through entirely different part sizes and/or materials. Tolerance means a specification of permitted dimensional sizes and required geometrical alignments.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LOL....The only way this is true, is if you are trying to turn with the front diff locked. It seems the primary message here is to push BB upgrades that no one really needs, unless they are trying to drive their 6G like a rock bouncer.
I noticed the 3.0 motor power was stronger immediately...even when driving on road. put your front tire next to a curb, and try and turn and you notice how weak the 2.0 motor actually is!
Sponsored