Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome option. Not ready for that level of strength...yet.

Any news on 74weld portals? I think I saw on one of your longer video's they mentioned a possible "cast" portal at around 2-2.5in. Watching that as if the cost ends up at about 1/2 the cost (8k vs 16k). That puts portals in the range of high end lift kits (icon level 8's and the such) while retaining or improving gearing and possible driveline angles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome option. Not ready for that level of strength...yet.

Any news on 74weld portals? I think I saw on one of your longer video's they mentioned a possible "cast" portal at around 2-2.5in. Watching that as if the cost ends up at about 1/2 the cost (8k vs 16k). That puts portals in the range of high end lift kits (icon level 8's and the such) while retaining or improving gearing and possible driveline angles.
Hopefully be testing the portals soon. I think theyā€™ll eventually be plans for a cast and as well as billet options. Look for those to be around sometime during the summer.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't see it on your web site?
Correct. We just built them and havenā€™t gone through all the cost analysis to put them on there with a price. Keep in mind we are not a large scale manufacturer producing products for distribution. Weā€™re an off-road shop with the capabilities to fabricate some really cool stuff. We can totally replicate it though. Will it be cheap? Nope. You have to move a ton of product to even make it reasonable. If youā€™re interested we can always have a phone call about coming in to have your Bronco built with the same bumpers.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was just referring to the rack itself. How much to install it on a Warthog (aka bronco raptor)?

Correct. We just built them and havenā€™t gone through all the cost analysis to put them on there with a price. Keep in mind we are not a large scale manufacturer producing products for distribution. Weā€™re an off-road shop with the capabilities to fabricate some really cool stuff. We can totally replicate it though. Will it be cheap? Nope. You have to move a ton of product to even make it reasonable. If youā€™re interested we can always have a phone call about coming in to have your Bronco built with the same bumpers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was just referring to the rack itself. How much to install it on a Warthog (aka bronco raptor)?
Gotcha. All you need is the housing which is $3k and then we move your parts over. This will only be allowed to be done by authorized dealer/installers.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't comprehend why someone would want to use a 1.0 rack as a starting point. Considering the cost and effort why not just get the best?

I suppose if the 1 and 2 don't require additional programming it might be an upside.
Ive not seen a huge amount of evidence that we need more steering power (motor). Its nice, sure. But the vast vast majority of Bronco owners don't have 3.0 racks. If these housing/kits were made for OG steering racks the potential market would be the entire Bronco market. Otherwise you are limited to specific models, or buying the rack aftermarket which obviously has huge supply chain risks to this whole operation, let alone adding a significant portion of the cost.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive not seen a huge amount of evidence that we need more steering power (motor). Its nice, sure. But the vast vast majority of Bronco owners don't have 3.0 racks. If these housing/kits were made for OG steering racks the potential market would be the entire Bronco market. Otherwise you are limited to specific models, or buying the rack aftermarket which obviously has huge supply chain risks to this whole operation, let alone adding a significant portion of the cost.
Youā€™re absolutely right, it is not for a majority of Bronco owners.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Youā€™re absolutely right, it is not for a majority of Bronco owners.
Fair enough, but even the Bronco is "for" a majority of Bronco owners lol at least by use case. People want what they want. I get prioritizing 3.0 racks but the true golden ticket here is the billet housing, not the 3.0 internals.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Fair enough, but even the Bronco is "for" a majority of Bronco owners lol at least by use case. People want what they want. I get prioritizing 3.0 racks but the true golden ticket here is the billet housing, not the 3.0 internals.
If you go back and read all the comments youā€™ll see that this has already been discussed lol. Some good information to be found by reading through the thread.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go back and read all the comments youā€™ll see that this has already been discussed lol. Some good information to be found by reading through the thread.
I have lol, been in it since the beginning. No hard feelings. I was offering my opinion on the matter regarding the benefit of 3.0 (or not) with this billet housing project. That is all.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. Here's the irony.... The HOSS 1 is the weaker rack, the hoss 3 is the stronger....and yet the aftermarket went after the stronger.

There is an old saying with economics...do you sell 1 tv for $1,000 or 10 tvs for $100?

They have obviously made their choice, just like Ford has made many. Hopefully someone else will step up and help us 99% -ers

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agreed. Here's the irony.... The HOSS 1 is the weaker rack, the hoss 3 is the stronger....and yet the aftermarket went after the stronger.

There is an old saying with economics...do you sell 1 tv for $1,000 or 10 tvs for $100?

They have obviously made their choice, just like Ford has made many. Hopefully someone else will step up and help us 99% -ers
Can I get an AMEN! šŸ˜†

Seriously though, we all know the OG racks are weak. We don't know where the 3.0 lies in strength yet, we'll kinda - one Raptor rack broke, but the majority of us need a fix for what we have. We're not rich, we're not building race cars, we're just average Joe's that go out trail riding - rock crawling and want some reliability in our equipment.

Some of you will say, just buy the 3.0 rack and be done, but what is needed to program and all the BS associated with it, not an option for a lot of us. If it becomes a turn key, buy rack and install it, maybe but not as it sits now and in my eyes, it still has its own issues of potential weak spots. I think a 74Weld housing for our OG racks would be a winner for 74Weld if you ask me...

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can I get an AMEN! šŸ˜†

Seriously though, we all know the OG racks are weak. We don't know where the 3.0 lies in strength yet, we'll kinda - one Raptor rack broke, but the majority of us need a fix for what we have. We're not rich, we're not building race cars, we're just average Joe's that go out trail riding - rock crawling and want some reliability in our equipment.

Some of you will say, just buy the 3.0 rack and be done, but what is needed to program and all the BS associated with it, not an option for a lot of us. If it becomes a turn key, buy rack and install it, maybe but not as it sits now and in my eyes, it still has its own issues of potential weak spots. I think a 74Weld housing for our OG racks would be a winner for 74Weld if you ask me...
Yes, and Iā€™m pretty sure there will be an option for those that want a replacement housing. Itā€™s been discussed already. However, you will still need to have the internals swapped over by a competent technician and that will be at the discretion of 74Weld. These racks have some sensitive parts in them and if not handled correctly, could trash the rack and youā€™d end up buying another one anyways.

Believe me when I say that everyone involved in the R&D of this has been mindfully aware of all the different approaches that could be taken. Looking at it from the aftermarket perspective though, most people opt for the higher performance when they start talking about spending this much money. It happens almost every single sale. Thatā€™s why they started the design with the Hoss 3.0. Itā€™s easier to walk back a little from the strongest available than to build your ultimate design around the lesser performing rack. I would expect to see housings available soon, but keep in mind they most likely have to be completed by someone experienced with the process.

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The baja long travel kits are absolutely BADASS...with that new rack it is amazing!!! I just need $20k to do this šŸ„“šŸ˜‰
I am debating my long term strategy on my build. Instead of the long travel I am also thinking about the 74weld portal axels.
Sponsored