Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going to have stage 2 installed. Trev at Gravity Fabrication in Georgetown is now a installer.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not hard with a 30T torque in a cordless impact with 6" extension.
What are your thoughts on the stage 1 now? Iā€™m thinking about this and Icon tie rods for a moderate upgrade.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are your thoughts on the stage 1 now? Iā€™m thinking about this and Icon tie rods for a moderate upgrade.

No issues, got a few wheeling trips on the setup including some hard Rubicon miles. I would just be careful with Icon tie rods as they are the strongest option currently.

Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Personally if only going stage 1 Iā€™d leave my tie rods stock.. donā€™t wanna bulletproof one (icons) without the more expensive other

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No issues, got a few wheeling trips on the setup including some hard Rubicon miles. I would just be careful with Icon tie rods as they are the strongest option currently.
Personally if only going stage 1 Iā€™d leave my tie rods stock.. donā€™t wanna bulletproof one (icons) without the more expensive other
Thanks for the feedback! I just saw that they recommended the Icon tie rods and they did seem the most bulletproof. I would still like to do a modest upgrade to them and not go the bracing route, would the Hoss 3.0 tie rods be a fitting pair to the stage 1?

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback! I just saw that they recommended the Icon tie rods and they did seem the most bulletproof. I would still like to do a modest upgrade to them and not go the bracing route, would the Hoss 3.0 tie rods be a fitting pair to the stage 1?
Someone with more experience w/ 3.0 tie rods can chime in with better info but Iā€™d say thatā€™s a lot more reasonable when paired with stage 1 than the Icons. The icons will effectively (in your application) be like putting the braces on there making them almost unbreakable. Iā€™d keep the weakest link one that is relatively cheap, easily replaced (trail side) and readily available. I could see the iconā€™s going w/ the full 74weld rack

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@spuddy59 I am currently running hoss 3.0 tie rods and have yet to have an issue. So far I have only had to help replace 1 stock tie rod on a trail run. I wouldn't worry as much about breaking a tie rod because when it does it's a 15-20 minute fix.

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@spuddy59 I am currently running hoss 3.0 tie rods and have yet to have an issue. So far I have only had to help replace 1 stock tie rod on a trail run. I wouldn't worry as much about breaking a tie rod because when it does it's a 15-20 minute fix.
By contrast yesterday I watched a really tough/technical climb eat a passenger side ā€˜23 Badlands rack housing with BB braces installed on stock rods. Canā€™t help but think it would have been a 20ā€™ fix instead of a 2 hour winch job and an expensive upgrade to come

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
By contrast yesterday I watched a really tough/technical climb eat a passenger side ā€˜23 Badlands rack housing with BB braces installed on stock rods. Canā€™t help but think it would have been a 20ā€™ fix instead of a 2 hour winch job and an expensive upgrade to come
Thanks yā€™all for letting me pick your brains. And Iā€™m just now going through the pages of posts about the RC rack bushings, tie rod sleeves/braces/upgrades, etc. so thereā€™s a lot of information to digest.

I know my wallet doesnā€™t want to go full on HOSS 3.0 but a little beefier set up to my 1.0 and lift would be nice and more confidence inspiring. But I understand the idea behind making the tie rods a fuse to prevent damage to the rack.

I ordered the repair kit from @Tricky Dick to keep handy in my rig.
Sponsored