Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an "extra" FP HOSS 3.0 steering rack that I bought while waiting for a Badlands order that I ended up not buying. Has anyone bought just the 74weld stage 3 billet housing and swapped the guts themselves (is that even an option???)? I'm fairly handy in the shop, but if it takes specialized knowledge, I don't want to get in over my head. I've emailed 74weld with these questions, but thought I'd ask the brain trust here while I wait for a response... Thx
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't personally but others have done just the stage-3 housing DIY. At least a couple threads out there, try a search.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mean swapped the stage 3 housing onto the HD rack? 74W's stage 3 is a complete rack. I think you mean stage 2? That's the housing only. @Bmadda and @BigMeatsBronco I believe have done the swap with the HD rack internals.

This is their video on the process:

OP
OP
Arokcrwlr

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You mean swapped the stage 3 housing onto the HD rack? 74W's stage 3 is a complete rack. I think you mean stage 2? That's the housing only. @Bmadda and @BigMeatsBronco I believe have done the swap with the HD rack internals.

This is their video on the process:

Yes, that's what I meant - thanks for the vid. My search skills are lacking as I spent an hour trying to find something relevant.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an "extra" FP HOSS 3.0 steering rack that I bought while waiting for a Badlands order that I ended up not buying. Has anyone bought just the 74weld stage 3 billet housing and swapped the guts themselves (is that even an option???)? I'm fairly handy in the shop, but if it takes specialized knowledge, I don't want to get in over my head. I've emailed 74weld with these questions, but thought I'd ask the brain trust here while I wait for a response... Thx
I did. At the time there was a backorder on Hoss 3.0 racks, so Quinn had plenty of housings ready, but no internals. I had already completed Hoss 3.0 install. Its not that bad of a job, but requires a shop press, a few somewhat unusual tools, an assistant to help mark the sensor gears. Quinn has a video somwhere that goes through it pretty thoroughly. If you get stuck, feel free to pm me!

OP
OP
Arokcrwlr

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did. At the time there was a backorder on Hoss 3.0 racks, so Quinn had plenty of housings ready, but no internals. I had already completed Hoss 3.0 install. Its not that bad of a job, but requires a shop press, a few somewhat unusual tools, an assistant to help mark the sensor gears. Quinn has a video somwhere that goes through it pretty thoroughly. If you get stuck, feel free to pm me!
I watched the vid that @userdude posted above. It looks very doable for me - the only thing I don't have is the machined nut to get the pinion nut cover off, but that shouldn't be too difficult to make. I'll definitely reach out if I get stuck - thanks!
Sponsored