Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@snacso your advice for 40s would be a 3.0 rackwith this upgrade, or a full 74 weld rack? I do eastern Tennessee rock crawling, it sometimes involves that skinny pedal. 40s would be aired to 0 to 5 psi most likely, depending on tire.
Go big or go bigger

If you're going with 40's and your trails lean more toward bouncing than Moab crawling, the 74Weld rack would be my recommendation.
Sponsored

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We crawl, but often there is rain in the south east. Around 130 days a year for about 80 inches. This means wet or muddy climds in all but the middle and late summer. I try to never " bounce" and use the "3 tries and winch rule" I'm just afraid of rack failure. That being said the f150 Shelby Raptor looks like a 3.0.
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! 20230509_091519
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! 20230509_091446
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! 20230509_091446

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't 74Weld make a whole video on how bushings and end caps were a bad idea because of alignment issues? Guess they also changed their mind on that as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad there are more alternatives now, especially for people that don't have Hoss 3

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Go big or go bigger

If you're going with 40's and your trails lean more toward bouncing than Moab crawling, the 74Weld rack would be my recommendation.
you got that right, its rain forest country.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Didn't 74Weld make a whole video on how bushings and end caps were a bad idea because of alignment issues? Guess they also changed their mind on that as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad there are more alternatives now, especially for people that don't have Hoss 3
From what I gather, they use a softer material on the outside of the bronze bushing to account for that. It's a two piece bushing design.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised is the housing is the same part off the ultimate housing lol. I would have made it fit a stock rack to make R&D easier.
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! 1684863390675

XtmwtxGTdbOHBzuKETWDGm4=w701-h1247-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

1684863447102.png

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Today I spent the day at 74 weld looking at all their new products and dame their amazing. I picked up a rack for my bronco and will be offering them through my site. I love the idea of the 2.0 rack vs 3.0. No need to program and honestly the upgrade to the hosss rack isn’t that big of a deal to me. Once my rack is on I will be offering his rack throug my site . Intro price coming soon.
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! DSC02936
Ford Bronco 74Weld Steering upgrades- Bushings and Housing! DSC02934

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Today I spent the day at 74 weld looking at all their new products and dame their amazing. I picked up a rack for my bronco and will be offering them through my site. I love the idea of the 2.0 rack vs 3.0. No need to program and honestly the upgrade to the hosss rack isn’t that big of a deal to me. Once my rack is on I will be offering his rack throug my site . Intro price coming soon.
So the cost benefit of the 74 weld 2.0 vs. stock 3.0 rack to run 37s? If I am looking at this correctly, I can get the stock 3.0 rack for about half of the 74 weld 2.0 rack. How much more benefit will I get from the 74weld rack with 2.0 internals vs. the stock 3.0?

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the cost benefit of the 74 weld 2.0 vs. stock 3.0 rack to run 37s? If I am looking at this correctly, I can get the stock 3.0 rack for about half of the 74 weld 2.0 rack. How much more benefit will I get from the 74weld rack with 2.0 internals vs. the stock 3.0?
Much stronger housing not really comparable . Don’t get me wrong the hoss 3.0 rack is stronger than the oem rack. But in my opinion just the electronics alone are a pain. Don’t forget if for some reason you take in your bronco to ford and they have to flash a driver to your bronco it can lock out the steering. And honestly besides the stronger motor the internals to the rack are the same.

Sponsored

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Much stronger housing not really comparable . Don’t get me wrong the hoss 3.0 rack is stronger than the oem rack. But in my opinion just the electronics alone are a pain. Don’t forget if for some reason you take in your bronco to ford and they have to flash a driver to your bronco it can lock out the steering. And honestly besides the stronger motor the internals to the rack are the same.
But to answer the question the hoss rack still shares some of the same weak design points from the 2.0 rack. Mainly the spring retainer which will allow the rack to skip. The 74 weld rack addresses these issues. I can still see the hoss housing cracking under heavy load from added articulation or rock crawling stress. The 74 weld much thicker walls and impact resist bushings will take the beating. Not to mention I now feel comfortable to run a strong heim tie rod and be confident that I won’t blow up my rack.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must be having a senior moment, and I think I've forgotten what is what..

Hoss 1 = basic trim Bronco's w/o Sasquatch
Hoss 2 = Sasquatch or Badlands
Hoss 3 = 2023 Wildtraks
Hoss 4 = Braptors

Is that right? And if so, with 74Welds (dare I say better) way of thinking, this new passenger end cap (along with some additional driver side bushing) is for all us Hoss 2 folks? (Sasquatch or Badlands)

builtMIbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond on 37s
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I've missed it between threads but now that they have the 3 stages of rack upgrades could one use our existing rack (hoss 1) to swap into their stage 2 full billet rack and then eventually upgrade to the hoss 3 motor with programming for the added steering motor strength?

As I typed this out I remember all the times I've had what feels like no steering with the front locked lol maybe hoss 3 is worth it for the motor, is 30% more enough with 37-40s locked?

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I must be having a senior moment, and I think I've forgotten what is what..

Hoss 1 = basic trim Bronco's w/o Sasquatch
Hoss 2 = Sasquatch or Badlands
Hoss 3 = 2023 Wildtraks
Hoss 4 = Braptors

Is that right? And if so, with 74Welds (dare I say better) way of thinking, this new passenger end cap (along with some additional driver side bushing) is for all us Hoss 2 folks? (Sasquatch or Badlands)
My understanding is there are only 3 different racks:
  • Standard rack in all Bronco trims (excluding some MY22 and all MY23 Wildtraks)
  • FP rack in H3.0 equipped Wildtraks (some MY22 and all MY23 Wildtraks)
  • Braptor racks
Sponsored