First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll agree that this is the best option right now. And 74weld are not known for building middling products. But it would be great to have good/better/best options for those who don't want to drop $5K+ but want something better than stock H1.0. Right now we have the BB fixes (good) and the 74weld (best). Need something in between which would be a complete housing for the 1.0 folks. People are paying $1800 for the BB package. Fair to say they would pay $2000+ for a complete housing to swap 1.0 parts into. Plus no programming required.
Talking with them about this and it is very possible this will be an option, but there’s a catch. Due to the sensitivity of the racks electronics and procedure to disassemble/assemble, the conversion will only be done by qualified dealers. You’ll still have to pay some labor but it’ll be substantially less than the full Hoss 3.0 version of the rack.
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as swapping over your standard rack internals in lieu of the Hoss 3.0, I just don’t see the point. This is an expensive mod either way so you may as well increase your steering performance, which I think is the simplest answer to your question. This particular rack is intended to eliminate all the weak points and give you peace of mind when you hit the rocks. I’m not sure just changing out “some” of the components of the rack would do that for me.
FYI if your going to sell this as an upgrade you need to understand the core differences. When you break down what is reused by Weld74 from the HOSS 3.0 rack I am pretty sure the housing will work with both racks. The pinion housing only looks to have had physical exterior strength added and the HOSS 3.0 motor is only physical longer. The big difference between HOSS 1.0 and HOSS 3.0 is thrown away by Weld74 (housing, tensioner and bushings).

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this solution compatible on all existing HOSS models? Too much chatter to understand.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI if your going to sell this as an upgrade you need to understand the core differences. When you break down what is reused by Weld74 from the HOSS 3.0 rack I am pretty sure the housing will work with both racks. The pinion housing only looks to have had physical exterior strength added and the HOSS 3.0 motor is only physical longer. The big difference between HOSS 1.0 and HOSS 3.0 is thrown away by Weld74 (housing, tensioner and bushings).
The bearing is not the same between Hoss 3.0 and the other racks.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this solution compatible on all existing HOSS models? Too much chatter to understand.
There is a discussion to build a housing for the Hoss 2.0 and swap parts over, but by a qualified dealer only.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We designed and built out bumpers all in-house. The rear is a frame chop and then we built a new crossmember with body mounts. We still need to add the gusset on the body mount lol. The bumper you see bolts the rear crossmember so we can build almost anything for the back and it’ll bolt right up! I prefer the high clearance myself.
Where can we buy them? I'm not afraid of some fabrication necessary on my end

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you mean, does the 74weld rack fit in any Bronco, yes. But it uses Hoss 3.0 internals so it will require reprogramming for a non-Hoss 3.0 Bronco. There is a very long thread about this process.

The other discussion is around wanting a housing that would take Hoss 1.0 or 2.0 internals so reprogramming would not be required.

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine just showed up today for my Bronco Raptor and I can not wait to get it in.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine just showed up today for my Bronco Raptor and I can not wait to get it in.
Haha, yeah it did. Anxious to see how that transition goes.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just pulled the trigger and ordered the 74Weld rack. Congratulations Exodus4X4, you officially are providing the most expensive upgrade to my Bronco I've done to date!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't comprehend why someone would want to use a 1.0 rack as a starting point. Considering the cost and effort why not just get the best?

I suppose if the 1 and 2 don't require additional programming it might be an upside.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the 74Weld rack. Congratulations Exodus4X4, you officially are providing the most expensive upgrade to my Bronco I've done to date!
Well, you haven’t given me a chance to sell you something more expensive yet but there will be opportunities lol.

OP
OP
Exodus4x4

Exodus4x4

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can't comprehend why someone would want to use a 1.0 rack as a starting point. Considering the cost and effort why not just get the best?

I suppose if the 1 and 2 don't require additional programming it might be an upside.
I can see it. I’m fairly certain there will be a housing made for the 2.0 that we can just transfer the internals over to. For some people this will be the peace of mind they are looking for and possibly save them a couple thousand.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see it. I’m fairly certain there will be a housing made for the 2.0 that we can just transfer the internals over to. For some people this will be the peace of mind they are looking for and possibly save them a couple thousand.
At a couple thousand it makes sense.
Sponsored