Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been battling with a major issue on my Ford Bronco that has been driving me crazy-the subpar steering system. Whether it's the infamous tie-rod problems that every Bronco owner seems to know about or just the steering rack itself, it's been a nightmare trying to turn that wheel, especially when I'm out on the trail in 4-wheel drive mode. I've had to exert all my forearm strength and more, only to find the wheel barely budging. During a recent trip to Moab, the challenging terrain exposed the flaws of my buddy's Bronco steering system when his steering rack housing suddenly snapped. It was another unfortunate example of just how subpar these components can be.
Ford Bronco Conquering the Steering Nightmare with Upgraded Bronco Steering Rack Housing Broken_Housi

That's why I've decided to upgrade the passenger side steering rack housing... By replacing this worn-out part, I can restore the responsiveness and ease of steering that I've been longing for. And you know what? I want to share this journey with others who might be going through the same frustrations. So, I've decided to document the installation process and show you how to install the upgraded rack housing. Together, we can tackle this issue and make rock crawling an even better experience for everyone. Click the link below to watch how to beef up your steering!

See you out on the trails... PEACE - Mitch
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiousity...had your buddy upgraded the rack bushings prior to the failure?

OP
OP
Wild Horses 4x4

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiousity...had your buddy upgraded the rack bushings prior to the failure?
Yes, he had the bushing upgrade which is on the driver side.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What size tires are on the Bronco with the steering failure?

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool. Whenever I am done with my 35s I’m going to 37s and not sure what I will do. I’m leaving to the raptors system but don’t want to spend 5k

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.
If you do it right, the upgrades you need to run 37's, you might as well do 39's-40's.
And if I'm spending a crap ton of money I might was well go all out.
When the time comes I'm doing portals, 40's, and a billet rack.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This.
If you do it right, the upgrades you need to run 37's, you might as well do 39's-40's.
They have a passenger housing and drivers bushing now.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been battling with a major issue on my Ford Bronco that has been driving me crazy-the subpar steering system. Whether it's the infamous tie-rod problems that every Bronco owner seems to know about or just the steering rack itself, it's been a nightmare trying to turn that wheel, especially when I'm out on the trail in 4-wheel drive mode. I've had to exert all my forearm strength and more, only to find the wheel barely budging. During a recent trip to Moab, the challenging terrain exposed the flaws of my buddy's Bronco steering system when his steering rack housing suddenly snapped. It was another unfortunate example of just how subpar these components can be.
Ford Bronco Conquering the Steering Nightmare with Upgraded Bronco Steering Rack Housing 1686863481833

That's why I've decided to upgrade the passenger side steering rack housing... By replacing this worn-out part, I can restore the responsiveness and ease of steering that I've been longing for. And you know what? I want to share this journey with others who might be going through the same frustrations. So, I've decided to document the installation process and show you how to install the upgraded rack housing. Together, we can tackle this issue and make rock crawling an even better experience for everyone. Click the link below to watch how to beef up your steering!

See you out on the trails... PEACE - Mitch
Wow, man, you sound like every smooth-talking evangelist, red flags everywhere. Good luck and count me out of your journey into steering nirvana.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can do 37s and not create that problem nor reach the cost of going to larger tires doing it. It's just not the way some people want to go.
Body lift with some clearance work in the front wheel wells will fit 37s on an already sasquatched vehicle.
That doesn't mean having a stronger steering rack is a bad thing.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.
Sounds like a fast way to spend $45k.