Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, so Mitch, thanks for sharing what you did, but do you mind sharing the cost?

Like @Snacktime said, upgrading the entire system with the 74Weld or the HOSS 3.0 rack are what many of us who plan to go 37s at some point and upgrade suspension are looking at.

You and your dad own a premier shop and are Bronco experts, so guess you guys can tinker with a variety of options, but when the time comes, I really want a one and done upgrade.

You guys do far more travel and harder trails than I plan to tackle as well. Well, for now. :)
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This.
If you do it right, the upgrades you need to run 37's, you might as well do 39's-40's.
And if I'm spending a crap ton of money I might was well go all out.
When the time comes I'm doing portals, 40's, and a billet rack.
Before burNing money like that, Iā€™d just get a Raptor.

What youā€˜ve listed right now is around $35K-$50K and unless youā€™ve got a sponsor and plan to add a cage, my question is why?

Thatā€™s Ultra4 4600 class money there my friend. Price that crap out and see if it still makes sense. Would be an awesome rig, but the Raptor gets you around 85% to where youā€™re talking and would actually be cheaper even if you pay some ADM.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those of us with pavement princess Broncos non SAS standard Bridgestones do not have any steering issues on tarmac or concrete road surfaces.

Would cost you less money to trailer a Polaris Ranger to use at the offroad sites and keep mud off the tow vehicle

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before burNing money like that, Iā€™d just get a Raptor.

What youā€˜ve listed right now is around $35K-$50K and unless youā€™ve got a sponsor and plan to add a cage, my question is why?

Thatā€™s Ultra4 4600 class money there my friend. Price that crap out and see if it still makes sense. Would be an awesome rig, but the Raptor gets you around 85% to where youā€™re talking and would actually be cheaper even if you pay some ADM.
I donā€™t know why @ScLeCo wants to do that, but that exactly what I am doing. Raptors donā€™t even come close to what a Bronco with upgraded steering on portals can do. The two biggest weakness of 6Gs, Raptors included, is steering and ground clearance. I want to be able to drive out to the biggest rock trails in the west and not drag my belly everywhere.

Last edited:

Oscargrouch323

Base
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ac-fab.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, so Mitch, thanks for sharing what you did, but do you mind sharing the cost?

Like @Snacktime said, upgrading the entire system with the 74Weld or the HOSS 3.0 rack are what many of us who plan to go 37s at some point and upgrade suspension are looking at.

You and your dad own a premier shop and are Bronco experts, so guess you guys can tinker with a variety of options, but when the time comes, I really want a one and done upgrade.

You guys do far more travel and harder trails than I plan to tackle as well. Well, for now. :)
I went with the 74weld 2.0 rack and wouldnā€™t go back ..itā€™s a much better setup than anything else. My opinion the hoss 3.0 is an upgrade but not much really. And with the 2.0 no programming needed.

IMG_2718.jpeg

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, he had the bushing upgrade which is on the driver side.
RC has bushings for both driver and passenger why I was curious. Does the Broncbuster housing have an upgraded bushing?

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is also a Rough Country bushing for the passenger side now. Not sure how effective it will be but I picked one up, just haven't installed it yet.

Yes, he had the bushing upgrade which is on the driver side.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RC has bushings for both driver and passenger why I was curious. Does the Broncbuster housing have an upgraded bushing?
BroncBuster uses a steel bushing on the passenger housing.

74Weld uses oil impregnated bronze bushing on there passenger housing and full housings.

RC just replaces the factory bushing, its definitely a huge improvement but doesn't address the housings weakness. It's definitely a step in the right direction and a very easy install!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BroncBuster uses a steel bushing on the passenger housing.

74Weld uses oil impregnated bronze bushing on there passenger housing and full housings.

RC just replaces the factory bushing, its definitely a huge improvement but doesn't address the housings weakness. It's definitely a step in the right direction and a very easy install!
I did the RC bushings. Would love to go 74weld rack but man my wallet can't take much more! May go with just the 74weld passenger housing. Gonna ride out the stock rack for now.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Additional corner weight will kill all the OEM racks, a simple tire change even on mine is going to add a minimum of 20lbs / piece on OEM wheels and goes exponentially more when moving to 38-39s even with a lighter wheel.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

.... it's been a nightmare trying to turn that wheel, especially when I'm out on the trail in 4-wheel drive mode. I've had to exert all my forearm strength and more, only to find the wheel barely budging.
LOL....The only way this is true, is if you are trying to turn with the front diff locked. It seems the primary message here is to push BB upgrades that no one really needs, unless they are trying to drive their 6G like a rock bouncer.

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
LOL....The only way this is true, is if you are trying to turn with the front diff locked. It seems the primary message here is to push BB upgrades that no one really needs, unless they are trying to drive their 6G like a rock bouncer.
Kindof agree ā€¦ and a good spotter is way cheaper šŸ˜‰

I have to admit Iā€™ve found being able to cover 4x the ground in the same amount of time in my SXS in Moab is pretty fun !

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was poking at 74Weld makes the same housing for a lot less money.

https://motorsports.74weld.com/product/stage-1-bronco-steering-cap-and-bushing-kit/

I do like my @Wild Horses 4x4 shirt and will continue to buy what I can from you guys.
Just making sure I understand their statement '...every bronco currently comes with "hoss 2.0"...' this would be true for 2022 SAS big bend?

Really didn't think I would go to 37s but that price would make it alot more accessible...

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This.
If you do it right, the upgrades you need to run 37's, you might as well do 39's-40's.
And if I'm spending a crap ton of money I might was well go all out.
When the time comes I'm doing portals, 40's, and a billet rack.
It's about TIME Jay Leno joined our forums!
Sponsored