Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is why Ive been trying to tell everyone, that as a jeep owner with a soft top, there are 2 rules:

1. Dont keep valuables in your vehicle
2. Never lock your doors with a soft top on. Youd rather aomeone open the door than to slash/damage your top or steal your windows.

we’ll see how many come back after picking up their Bronco crying about the cost of replacement windows or top.
Where are you parking that you would live in fear of someone taking a knife to a soft top???? Takes one second to smash a window, so never understood why a soft top would make a thief choose to pick it out of a lot and really want to cut up to steal my sunglasses.

I do go on trips with top down so I have a tuffy security lid, but that is just to reduce urge of someone reaching in and grabbing my traction boards or air compressor... but if top was up I would feel no difference in safety between glass and plastic.
Sponsored

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still missing the point, it just makes it super easy to get in. So many thefts are crimes of opportunity. Of course if an actual car thief wants to steal something, it won't matter what top you have, or if you even have a top. But if you leave a wallet on the seat of a locked car, and another on the seat of an open top convertible parked next to it, you bet your ass the convertible guy is loosing his wallet way more often than the other guy would.

By your logic, whats the point of having door locks in any car...
i have a soft top. havent locked it in nearly a decade. dont need locks if you have a soft top

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, just watched it and I love it. Going to be tough to choose between hard and soft top. I don't know where some of you guys live, but I am in California and have had a convertible and soft tops jeeps around often and no one has ever cut a top. A lot of you must be in some dire areas.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
I've always had convertibles but never had a jeep- i kind of thought that this vehicle would be like a convertible where the only way in without the keys was with a box cutter but the removable from the outside panels means that you can't keep anything of value in it with the soft top but when you think about it, locks and windows only keep honest people out. i just never keep anything of value in my car unattended ever so i don't mind. part of living in ny.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ain’t no thief in this world that’s gonna take the time to remove a window panel to steal something lol. There are much easier ways whether soft or hard Top. Looks like an awesome soft top, works just Like Jeep ones I’ve seen with some nice improvements.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr for me and im glad ill be far away from that monstrosity ,if they offer a soft top even a bikini ill take that there are times that ive left camp at 30ish and it turns 80ish by midday so something to keep the heat in and then be removable will be awesome.

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance in hell.

I've owned too many soft tops and this video gave me too many flashbacks.

MIC all of the way.

Edit: But I will say this video's production quality is 1,000 times better than Bronco Nation's interior "walkthrough" disaster.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some of you guys have never experienced a soft top off-road vehicle like a Jeep and it shows. This is about as good as it gets and you think a hard top would be easier? Good luck taking that rear clamshell on and off by yourself - without tools or within the same amount of time as dropping down a soft top.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really want to see that door video but it’s no where to be found. I think he lied to us? lol. A hard top video would be cool to see now. Overall great job on the video I thought.

Sponsored

Crowza

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 Door, '05 Victory Vegas 8-Ball
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of you guys have never experienced a soft top off-road vehicle like a Jeep and it shows. This is about as good as it gets and you think a hard top would be easier? Good luck taking that rear clamshell on and off by yourself - without tools or within the same amount of time as dropping down a soft top.
I have had 4x4 soft tops. Never again.. unless it was automatic and even then it would be a hard maybe. In freezing weather, I even had one plastic window shatter like glass.

Sports car soft tops like a MX-5, Porsche 911 are nowhere near the trouble as something this big. I would consider one on a roadster, but not like this. Not again. "Be sure not to lose the bolts in the wheel well"?? I don't remember bolts on any Jeep soft tops (but I could be wrong, it was the 90s).

Maybe I'm just getting old?

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The soft top looks just about what you’d expect from an off-road vehicle.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kind of looks like a pain in the butt. But also kind of cool how it folds down..

giphy.gif

Most expensive to get hard top later right..

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really want to see that door video but it’s no where to be found. I think he lied to us? lol. A hard top video would be cool to see now. Overall great job on the video I thought.
I'm guessing they filmed a few videos at once. The door video may have been filmed first but the roof video was released first.

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had 4x4 soft tops. Never again.. unless it was automatic and even then it would be a hard maybe. In freezing weather, I even had one plastic window shatter like glass.

Sports car soft tops like a MX-5, Porsche 911 are nowhere near the trouble as something this big. I would consider one on a roadster, but not like this. Not again.

Maybe I'm just getting old?
Car soft tops are different. There's a false wall in the trunk that typically stores or hides the folding mechanism and motor for the automatic top. The open cargo area of an suv doesn't allow for this same type of top operation. And yes, soft tops aren't for everyone or for every season. I just appreciate them for the ease of use to quickly open or close the top without having to worry about leaving a hard top at home and predicting what the weather will be like while I'm away. After being caught in the rain a couple of times away from home or being tired of bolting and unbolting my hard top and hoisting it up into my rafters all the time, I finally sold my hard top and bought a soft top.
Sponsored