Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, a thief with a knife or razorblade will be quicker than you sliding the sides out and if they're not brash enough to do in a populated parking lot then they will wait the 30 seconds it takes a passerby to continue walking away, slicing a soft top isn't enough to get anyone's attention. Christmas is near, how many cars get broken into at store parking lots? and that's with people all of the place and oh yes, they'll smash windows too.
Still missing the point, it just makes it super easy to get in. So many thefts are crimes of opportunity. Of course if an actual car thief wants to steal something, it won't matter what top you have, or if you even have a top. But if you leave a wallet on the seat of a locked car, and another on the seat of an open top convertible parked next to it, you bet your ass the convertible guy is loosing his wallet way more often than the other guy would.

By your logic, whats the point of having door locks in any car...
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty cool engineering for sure. Makes me really glad I'm getting a two door though.

OP
OP

Broncolands

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not 100% sure, but looks like the door must be open to allow the window to slide out (or even unlatch). Need to wait for confirmation.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Still missing the point, it just makes it super easy to get in. So many thefts are crimes of opportunity. Of course if an actual car thief wants to steal something, it won't matter what top you have, or if you even have a top. But if you leave a wallet on the seat of a locked car, and another on the seat of an open top convertible parked next to it, you bet your ass the convertible guy is loosing his wallet way more often than the other guy would.
I get your point, you think a thief is going to act like the car is his and remove the sides to take what he wants. My point is that they don't care and will slice your top and take what they want. Yes, either way a soft top is obviously not secure. Seriously, leave it unlocked or the top down and don't be the one that leaves your wallet on the seat and you'll be better off.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

By your logic, whats the point of having door locks in any car...
Not really a factor...unless they happened to watch the YouTube video. A low end thief is generally not very smart...they’re not removing windows. If they want in, they just cut.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is why Ive been trying to tell everyone, that as a jeep owner with a soft top, there are 2 rules:

1. Dont keep valuables in your vehicle
2. Never lock your doors with a soft top on. Youd rather aomeone open the door than to slash/damage your top or steal your windows.

we’ll see how many come back after picking up their Bronco crying about the cost of replacement windows or top.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

looks quite nice, love that flip up function for rear cargo access! And it's also nice to see that at least on this particular Bronco the wiring and plumbing for the hard top is there, you can see it when they remove the softie completely. I'm going soft top only for now and that wiring/plumbing is of concern, I believe if you buy a Wrangler with ST only you don't get those things and it's a PITA to install later on. I'm pretty sure you get it on the Bronco no matter what roof you order. This one still being pre-production seems to confirm that and I think I read somewhere on here that a Ford person also confirmed that everything is in place for all top options.

I'll most likely just flip it back into position one and leave the side/rear panels on most of the time, keep my dog better contained back there. But I also like how it folds down all the way, seems pretty easy and looks clean.

As for security, popping a glass window takes maybe a second and is so quiet that nobody will pay attention, so really not much difference. Can't leave anything of value in any car.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, why couldn’t Ford offer this for the 2DR? Looks like it would operate mostly the same.

Sponsored

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
I have a Wrangler with a soft top. It has zippers and can be unzipped from the outside. Honestly, I just never lock the doors. Someone that wants to steal something will just cut the top. They aren’t going to bother unzipping it first. I’d rather they open the door to get the change out of my cup holders, rather than ruin a top that will cost $700+ to replace.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems overly complicated, but the convertible features are pretty cool.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The SEMA video says it will be offered as an accessory.
I saw that top (Bestop). However, it looks to be a completely different type of top. Not even sure it folds back.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea... Think that sells the hard top for me.

I dont always carry a drill and im the kind of person to forget to charge it lol
Sponsored