Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love the few people who are trying to call BS on the OP. This is a Forum where people discuss issues and topics. This guy is just genuinely just trying to figure out what is happening and people are calling BS? Get off your high horse people (pun intended)
I found quite quickly that there are a good number of members on this forum with a self professed omniscience that is off the charts heading into god like territory. Knowitallitis is definitely alive and well here.

A modern vehicle is basically an engine and a big bunch of computers. Iā€™ve spent 25 years in IT and anyone who thinks a computer canā€™t defy expectations is on crack.

I hope OP figures this out!
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When started - how did you turn it off?
If you went to the vehicle - was it in the mode where it is started, but everything is dark, and you have to hit the start button to wake everything up and make it drivable?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DM me your VIN. Woul
I bought this one new. Been the sole owner/operator since 11/11/2021.
That is wild that you still have access to the vehicle you sold. Certainly seems to be a security issue there.
DM me your VIN, would like to look at your VHR to see if anything stands out.

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When started - how did you turn it off?
If you went to the vehicle - was it in the mode where it is started, but everything is dark, and you have to hit the start button to wake everything up and make it drivable?
As you describe. Got into it with my fob, hit the button and the screen lit up. Was running when I jumped in.

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
DM me your VIN. Woul

DM me your VIN, would like to look at your VHR to see if anything stands out.
Just sent

Sponsored

Bumpy The Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2022 Bronco just started on its own too.

Both keys were in the cup holder of my Camry parked next to it in the driveway. I don't even use ford pass. And, my phone was sitting in the phone groove of my JBL party box speaker that was playing in the garage, as I was working in the garage.

I came here to see if anyone else experienced this. And, I see the OP getting all kinds of grief for posting this. He isn't alone mine started on its own as well. My first thought was thieves got my key RF signal. However, my neighbor was outside working on his car and heard the horn beep and the car start and nobody was around. We both checked our cameras and nobody was captured on any of our cameras. I had been working in my garage and my garage door was up. So it had not been started for more than 10 minutes. As I was coming in and out of the garage frequently.

Very strange. The keys were in the cup holder together and there is just no way they suddenly triggered. I've had lots of pocket presses that sound the alarm and what not. But, this is not the case. It started on its own.

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 2022 Bronco just started on its own too.

Both keys were in the cup holder of my Camry parked next to it in the driveway. I don't even use ford pass. And, my phone was sitting in the phone groove of my JBL party box speaker that was playing in the garage, as I was working in the garage.

I came here to see if anyone else experienced this. And, I see the OP getting all kinds of grief for posting this. He isn't alone mine started on its own as well. My first thought was thieves got my key RF signal. However, my neighbor was outside working on his car and heard the horn beep and the car start and nobody was around. We both checked our cameras and nobody was captured on any of our cameras. I had been working in my garage and my garage door was up. So it had not been started for more than 10 minutes. As I was coming in and out of the garage frequently.

Very strange. The keys were in the cup holder together and there is just no way they suddenly triggered. I've had lots of pocket presses that sound the alarm and what not. But, this is not the case. It started on its own.
I believe it! I was in the middle of nowhere when mine started. Definitely something to it.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe it! I was in the middle of nowhere when mine started. Definitely something to it.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Has it ever happened since? Or just that one time?

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford bought my Bronco back in December and when I went to the Ford Pass app to add the VIN I got for my 2024 Bronco that just got built I noticed I could still see the old Bronco in the app, I never removed it. Shows mileage, how much fuel is left...where it is down in CA, the whole deal. It looked like I could send it a remote start to it as if it were still mine no problem... like it was still sitting in my driveway here in WA.

Could this be what is happening with these cases in this post? Somehow someone fat fingered a VIN or something and they have somebody else's truck in their app?

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe this guy was trying something?
Ford Bronco Bronco started by ITSELF! 1704515699846

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford bought my Bronco back in December and when I went to the Ford Pass app to add the VIN I got for my 2024 Bronco that just got built I noticed I could still see the old Bronco in the app, I never removed it. Shows mileage, how much fuel is left...where it is down in CA, the whole deal. It looked like I could send it a remote start to it as if it were still mine no problem... like it was still sitting in my driveway here in WA.

Could this be what is happening with these cases in this post?
That actually sounds very logical and reasonable. My question then is does the OP and this new case have second hand Broncos?

Is original owner suddenly discovering their old truck in the app and hitting the start up button out of curiosity and then 3 states over someone thinks their Bronco is possessed?

Wonder what other Ford vehicles that may be happening to? That a big lawsuitā€¦

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That actually sounds very logical and reasonable. My question then is does the OP and this new case have second hand Broncos?

Is original owner suddenly discovering their old truck in the app and hitting the start up button out of curiosity and then 3 states over someone thinks their Bronco is possessed?

OP said it was bought brand new and is the original owner

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP said it was bought brand new and is the original owner
Untouched/undriven order or sold off the lot?
Is Johnny Ford Salesguy putting the VINs in his app to show off the features to potential buyers?

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

At least in my case, I am the original owner. Took delivery brand new in November 2021
Sponsored