Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely like them and would look to get them for my 2 door….when it ever arrives…

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would suggest that they come ready to paint whatever color the buyer wants. If they were black, faded MIC Gray, or any other Mad Max look, then I wouldn't be a buyer. And someone mentioned earlier that they wanted them to work as a door? I don't understand that thinking. They are "step-over" inserts. Their purpose is literally in the name.

They just need to make an unpainted insert for the 2-dr and for those 4-dr buyers who think a Chonco can ever look like a roadster.
I'm the person who started this thread; so I know what door inserts are. I was also the one who mentioned the "door" functionality; not because I want it. But I can tell you right now that if the market doesn't come up with a solution for this need in 2022 I will consider purchasing a set of doors and having a body shop cut them down and modify them to "look" like inserts. The simplest way to do that would be to leverage the existing mount points - door hinges and latch...obviously with some mods for the latch trigger. And, some posters have mentioned concerns about shorter people being able to get over the top of the inserts. So, just spitballing some ideas. As far as the color, black FG is just a color. You can prime/paint black or dark gray FG just like any other prepared surface.

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m definitely interested in these for my 2 door. I figured these would for sure be an accessory after we saw them on the SEMA build.

Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm the person who started this thread; so I know what door inserts are. I was also the one who mentioned the "door" functionality; not because I want it. But I can tell you right now that if the market doesn't come up with a solution for this need in 2022 I will consider purchasing a set of doors and having a body shop cut them down and modify them to "look" like inserts. The simplest way to do that would be to leverage the existing mount points - door hinges and latch...obviously with some mods for the latch trigger. And, some posters have mentioned concerns about shorter people being able to get over the top of the inserts. So, just spitballing some ideas. As far as the color, black FG is just a color. You can prime/paint black or dark gray FG just like any other prepared surface.
Whats the hold up? Haven't they been designed yet? I really want these!! <impatiently teasing>

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass might consider offering these if enough interest is shown. I REALLY WANT THESE.

So if you're in the Step-Over/Half Door/Door Insert camp and would like to see a product come to market, please post your support in this thread!

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, refer to this build from SEMA:

download.jpeg

interested - 2dr

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
And, some posters have mentioned concerns about shorter people being able to get over the top of the inserts.
lt would also make it easier for a passenger to get in the back seat. If stock hinge and latch are used, swapping between oem door and step over would be pretty quick.

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would absolutely, 100% buy these

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a hell freakin' yes for 2 door here!

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Who made the SEMA design and why aren't they selling them?

This is a little side rant, but I am sick and tired of companies creating cool and amazing concepts then seriously dumbing them down for production or vaporwaring them forever. I get it can be easy to get carried away, and maybe you might discover later that something is too hard/expensive to mass produce... but maybe you should figure that stuff out before teasing us with possibilities you can't possibly hope to deliver?

JerseyGirl in VA

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2023 Harley Davidson Low Rider ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who made the SEMA design and why aren't they selling them?

This is a little side rant, but I am sick and tired of companies creating cool and amazing concepts then seriously dumbing them down for production or vaporwaring them forever. I get it can be easy to get carried away, and maybe you might discover later that something is too hard/expensive to mass produce... but maybe you should figure that stuff out before teasing us with possibilities you can't possibly hope to deliver?
that gray one was ford's sima build lol. that's why everyone was expecting ford to have some available.

Reactions: Cat

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would buy a set of those

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@ADV Fiberglass Summer is fast approaching. Any chance you might take these on?
Sponsored