Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been at DM since mid July.

this morning the Ford tracker gives me a system error. That’s a new one…
Sponsored

2DrBD2.7

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 TRD 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just checked again and zero changes in my build. Still stuck in “in production” 7/13 w a blend of 7/21.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Saying 2-door Bronco is redundant. The 4-door 'Bronco' entries are Sports or the unbalanced looking extended wheelbase ones, those are identified by 4-doors and a litany of excuses/reasons people have for settling on them. Hard World, hard truths.

The Bronco is like a fine work of art, limited to a select few homes, the vast majority have mass produced near copies (4-doors), fine for what they are, but utilitarian, not unique or perfectly accurate. A stale facsimile...
So sad ... too many door handles!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And then…..like a sign from the almighty, a 2dr revealed itself and my fellow Wyomingite had an epiphany. Welcome to team 2dr.
Wyomingonian?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I wanted a4dr I'd buy a explorer...

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I wanted a4dr I'd buy a explorer...
Ford even came out with a new serious off-road version of the Explorer. If I needed a 4-door family vehicle, I would get that.

And while the 2-door Bronco is bigger than the 2-door Wrangler, the 4-door Bronco is smaller than its Jeep counterpart. I think a lot of 4-door Bronco buyers will be disappointed that the extra-doors Bronco is not a giant Sequoia or Suburban.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My point exactly. Both are built on a ranger frame so your really not getting much more room with the 4dr.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My point exactly. Both are built on a ranger frame so your really not getting much more room with the 4dr.
4 doors... LOL. I can't, I just can't... (Millennial speak)

I am pretty sure that I am actually going to order a second Bronco, with the idea that maybe I will trade the first one in once the next one is built (maybe late MY22) or keep it as a dedicated off-road toy. Either way, it's going to be a 2 door (again).

Trying to decide what the second Bronco will be:

Option 1: Base 2.3 7 speed - no lockers $30k
Option 2: Big Bend 2.3 7 speed - rear locker only $36k
Option 3: Basesquatch 2.7 - front/rear lockers $40k
Option 4: Badlands 2.3 7 speed high package - front/rear lockers and SBD $47k

Obviously, if I am replacing the OBX, I would be more inclined to spend the additional money. However, if it is a dedicated off-road toy, spending less initially is more attractive. That assumes that MY22 won't have a Base 2.7 Manual Sasquatch available.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

6k for a rear locker, that's steep.. I know thats not the only thing that comes with it but I got a base cause I don't mind working on my vehicles and cnn source parts that are more stout at a better price...

2dr forever...

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimiVegas

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Team twenty twenty two 2 door thirty threes.

2 door stick badlands high pack inhot pepper red.

if you want to see a 2 door I highly recommend a Roadeo. Our NH roadeo had a 2 door badlands and a 2 door Basesquatch.

lots of Bronco Bus variants all sasquatch or Badlands rubber. Even saw a wildtrack. I spent a whole day offroading a 2 door. It’s amazing how much more shoulder room the 2 door has than the 4 door. I’m a big guy and I really had to reach to touch the glass. No where near the b pillar.
Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. DA8F8397-48EC-4A42-AD7B-91E292B78106

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. 299D7339-1DA6-49AD-8832-B2769FF283BE

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
6k for a rear locker, that's steep.. I know thats not the only thing that comes with it but I got a base cause I don't mind working on my vehicles and cnn source parts that are more stout at a better price...

2dr forever...
You also get: a leather wrapped steering wheel (with the Bronco badge!!!), one extra GOAT mode, Aluminum Wheels, 32" tires, and Privacy glass... lol. Isn't that and the rear locker worth $6k?!?

LMFAO. Ok, perhaps not!!!

I will admit that the BB allows you to order much more than the Base model. It's 100% true you can order optional things not available on the Base like: The mid package and towing package which give you access to LED Signature Lighting, lane keeping, BLIS with cross-traffic alert, Touch screen navigation, Reverse sensing system, Enhanced Voice Recognition in Sync 4, Tube steps, dual zone climate controls, remote start, Illuminated sliding vanity mirrors, ambient footwell lighting, auto dimming rear view mirrors, and optional AC power outlet.

Looking at it dispassionately, there are only really two options in my mind... go base ($30k) or go badlands high ($47k). $17k could add a huge amount of capability to the base, which as one youtuber and 6g member called a price hack. Taking a second look, it really is a price hack, because a 2 door base has a ton of potential and $17k would certainly provide a sufficient budget to achieve so much.

What I am really leaning towards at this point is this:

2 Door Base Bronco in Velocity Blue
2.3 Liter Motor with 7 Speed Transmission
Standard 4x4 Transfer Case
Modular Front Bumper
Bash Plates
Brush Guard
Auxiliary Switches

$31,920

Last edited:

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You also get: a leather wrapped steering wheel (with the Bronco badge!!!), one extra GOAT mode, Aluminum Wheels, 32" tires, and Privacy glass... lol. Isn't that and the rear locker worth $6k?!?

LMFAO. Ok, perhaps not!!!

I will admit that the BB allows you to order much more than the Base model. It's 100% true you can order optional things not available on the Base like: The mid package and towing package which give you access to LED Signature Lighting, lane keeping, BLIS with cross-traffic alert, Touch screen navigation, Reverse sensing system, Enhanced Voice Recognition in Sync 4, Tube steps, dual zone climate controls, remote start, Illuminated sliding vanity mirrors, ambient footwell lighting, auto dimming rear view mirrors, and optional AC power outlet.

Looking at it dispassionately, there are only really two options in my mind... go base ($30k) or go badlands high ($47k). $17k could add a huge amount of capability to the base, which as one youtuber and 6g member called a price hack. Taking a second look, it really is a price hack, because a 2 door base has a ton of potential and $17k would certainly provide a sufficient budget to achieve so much.
The big bend is not available with a stick. Only base black diamond and badlands. Only the badlands can really be optioned up.

edit: nope. My bad

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The big bend is not available with a stick. Only base black diamond and badlands. Only the badlands can really be optioned up.
Umm you might want to check the build and price. The OBX, WT, and FE are auto only, but the Big Bend can be configured as a manual (unless I am missing something) as long as you don't get the mid package.

From the 2021 bronco order guide: Big Bend 7-Speed Manual Transmission
Requires 2-Door 4x4 or 4-Door 4x4 (E5A, E5B) and 2.3L Engine (99H).
Not available on Equipment Group 222A.
Includes Granny Gear and Crank in Gear function and Hill Descent Control™
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: