Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good info thanks. Maybe Ford will surprise us and open another bronco plant? Then it will be raining broncos!
I doubt they'll open another Bronco plant, but I support the napkin math above :) I'll be interested in the number of Bronco's were actually built for 2021. Q1 of 2022 will be interesting as well as we hopefully hear from 6G members of their Bronco's getting delivered.
Sponsored

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO a 2-door manual Badlands with Lux is the ultimate Chad spec.

I suspect it's going to be one of the rarer/more unusual configurations out there, once Broncos start hitting the streets in real numbers. Coupling two specs that are in the minority (2-door and manual) with the enthusiast trim AND Lux (I'd imagine manual transmissions are something the vast majority of Lux buyers do not want, or if they do, they're locked out of because of trim choice) has gotta be pretty rare.
If you factor in the color as well, it'll most likely be the rarest combination out there. Though that's not really the goal.

I don't see this truck as a technological marvel that'll beat everything out there on off-road. EVs are around the corner and electric motors are going to eat up any ICE for lunch, particularly when it comes to off-road.

But a manual 4x4 will have an appeal even years down the road. It'll have the cool factor. Will Ford even keep the manual '23 and beyond? On the other hand if there'll be a manual 2.7 down the road, I'll most likely regret my choice. So can't say it's an easy decision.

Last edited:

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd have gone with the manual except for a couple of minor things. I wanted the larger engine and I just knew that the missing hero button would bother my OCD tendencies.
I would be lying if I tell you that I wasn't bothered with the missing hero button in the manual. Maybe put a bobblehead on there to fill the space. :D

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But a manual 4x4 will have an appeal even years down the road. It'll have the cool factor. Will Ford even keep the manual '23 and beyond? On the other hand if there'll be a manual 2.7 down the road, I'll most likely regret my choice. So can't say it's an easy decision.
I waffled back and forth on holding my nose and just getting the automatic so I could have the 2.7. Even after submitting my order, I had second thoughts.

Any second thoughts I had immediately went away after driving both of Granger's demos (Automatic Wildtrak and manual Big Bend).

We made the right choice.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Good info thanks. Maybe Ford will surprise us and open another bronco plant? Then it will be raining broncos!
Wouldn't help. They can't even max out the current plants capabilities. Ideally Ford wants to run a 70/30 split Broncos to Rangers. If they could even meet this, they would build 1200 Broncos a day. Through the end of September, Ford had only built 25,500 since production started.

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I waffled back and forth on holding my nose and just getting the automatic so I could have the 2.7. Even after submitting my order, I had second thoughts.

Any second thoughts I had immediately went away after driving both of Granger's demos (Automatic Wildtrak and manual Big Bend).

We made the right choice.
šŸ˜€tell me more. Please.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be lying if I tell you that I wasn't bothered with the missing hero button in the manual. Maybe put a bobblehead on there to fill the space. :D
I am missing two hero buttons, but I am managing to assuage my guilt over the first button with a True Trac Helical LSD for the front axle and hopefully I will manage the guilt of the missing SBD button by finding a way to unlock Baja mode in my OBX with ForScan. :p

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am missing two hero buttons, but I am managing to assuage my guilt over the first button with a True Trac Helical LSD for the front axle and hopefully I will manage the guilt of the missing SBD button by finding a way to unlock Baja mode in my OBX with ForScan. :p
I may never use the trail turn assist other than in the sand when I hit the coast or during winter because that'll be fun for the few times the snow actually sticks around in NC, mostly it'll be a slushy watery/icy mix..also fun in an empty parking lot.
The swaybar disconnect I plan on tentatively getting some use out of the various trails around NC and other states. Do I need it? probably not, but it'll be handy as I learn the Bronco and get comfortable with the vehicle.
I also plan on taking some road trips out west to just see the sights and hit some of those nice trails out there.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let's do some math and figure out the reality of the situation, because at some point, Ford is going to have to address this to not look completely stupid. Can you imagine putting 100,000 Broncos in across the country for sale and not filling your reservations for 4 years?!? That's not going to happen.

Ford was building 820 Broncos per day on average based on the numbers that I was seeing the first week of August. Let's say that they can only pump out 80% of that (let's use 80.25% - or 658 Broncos per day) where 6 days per week 2 shifts run making 329 Broncos/shift/day. Then let's say of the 52 weeks a year that only 38 weeks of actual production occurs (73%).

658*6*38 = 150,024 Broncos of which 24 are destroyed by MAP interns playing in the parking lot.

Okay, we have approximately 3,000 dealers, all of whom want Broncos for the showroom. Allocating 30,000 Broncos amongst 3,000 is an average of 10 stock orders per dealer, with larger dealers likely getting 2-3x that number and smaller dealers getting 1/3 to 1/2 that number.

That still leaves 120,000 Broncos available to fill reservations and still put a lot of Broncos out there on the dealer lots. If the production was running at the 820 average per day they are capable of that would be another 37,392 Broncos which could easily be split between dealer allocation and reservation holders (an average of 16 stock orders per dealer for 2022) and 138,696 customer orders.

I think that the math is in your favor for this to be resolved by Ford sooner rather than later.
If there was only a way to put you in charge over there!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If there was only a way to put you in charge over there!!
First, I would have to retire from the military, then I would actually need to be qualified for Mike's job. ;)

Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really needed this thread today. The only examples I have seen in person have been 4 door softies. Just left the dealer that had a WT and every time I see a 4 door in person it just leaves me unimpressed and questioning my purchase. Then I see a proper 2 door here and things start to look up a bit.
20211017_132227.jpg

Last edited:

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First, I would have to retire from the military, then I would actually need to be qualified for Mike's job. ;)
Referring to the latter - patently obvious Mike isn't even qualified, & your quick math already seals the deal for you!

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really needed this thread today. The only examples I have seen in person have been 4 door softies. Just left the dealer that had a WT and every time I see a 4 door in person it just leaves me unimpressed and questioning my purchase. Then I see a proper 2 door here and things start to look up a bit.
Iā€™ve seen the Broncos touring the dealerships last year and Iā€™ve since test driven them twice now but yesterday was the first time i saw a 2 door šŸ˜®. My dealer told me someone backed out of their FE 2dr in cactus gray and they put $49k ADM since itā€™s theirs now. I told him Iā€™d swing by just because i wanna see it in the flesh. TBH if i was made of šŸ’°, i wouldā€™ve literally paid twice to get it. It looked that good.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Iā€™ve seen the Broncos touring the dealerships last year and Iā€™ve since test driven them twice now but yesterday was the first time i saw a 2 door šŸ˜®. My dealer told me someone backed out of their FE 2dr in cactus gray and they put $49k ADM since itā€™s theirs now. I told him Iā€™d swing by just because i wanna see it in the flesh. TBH if i was made of šŸ’°, i wouldā€™ve literally paid twice to get it. It looked that good.
$49K ADM..wow...but well if the customer backed out, I really have no problem with the dealer doing this, though that seem excessive. Someone needs to do a documentary where they track down the buyers of the ADM Marked Broncos after a few years of ownership and see if they have any regrets. Bonus points if one of the buyers has a tattoo "No Ragrets" LOL :D

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thats got to be a new record high. Please start a new individual thread on this so it can be seen far & wide!
Sponsored