Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reserved the WildTrak and will of course get the hardtop. Question, anyone know what theft deterants the new Bronco and Ford may have. I have never owned a Hardtop Jeep and my Defender always had a soft-top so I couldn't even leave a baseball hat in it fearing it would be sliced open. I would love the cellphone app that starts it but can it tell that my phone is not in the vehicle and it has been started and is driving away from my phone? I am basically the only one that will be driving it, my wife loves her Q7.
Are the hardtops hard to pry off, is it as signal a as screwdriver or rock to drive away with it?
Might be time to move to a better neighborhood if you're that worried. Left doors off, roof off two jeeps, never had an issue in home neighborhood, or out and about.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lots of different personal protection options, but a personal favorite is the TT-33.

It's cheap (~$200), it's reliable (hey, it's Russian), it's powerful (7.62x25mm), and it is all steel - so it makes a great percussive persuader.

I wouldn't have to cry about my fancy weapon being seized "because it is evidence".

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FP will start but in order to drive away will need the key fob in the vehicle and foot on brake and hit the start button. Don't think it will remote start if key is in vehicle even if you are in it and starting with the phone. No one is going to drive away without the key since it needs to see a programmed RFID signal to start. Phone as a key feature is a different beast but don't think you can do that on Bronco.....yet.

If you are concerned with small stuff being stolen they have an accessory armrest vault and another for the cargo area.

Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure y'all put a sticker of every gun manufacturer that you own a firearm from on the rear window. That'll deter them....../s

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The phone app just starts it, the vehicle won't "run" (i.e. go into gear) without the key in it. Same goes for if you remote start it with the key fob.
If they get into it they use an easily purchased tech "thingy" attached to the OBD port to make a new key.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make sure y'all put a sticker of every gun manufacturer that you own a firearm from on the rear window. That'll deter them....../s
they then break in to steal the guns

HallnAz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always think back to the 'trunk monkey' commercials!!

My other ride is a Wrangler with 1/2 doors; I only had 1 instance of the Jeep being entered (to my knowledge) and had left the center console unlocked, as I did with the doors. Lesson learned on keeping items in the console, unsecured, but haven't had a repeat since.
I do have a lock-box for some items and they make plenty of options if you leave stuff in the vehicle.
Sponsored