Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another thread got me thinking...
I will be adding a 4 post lift to the new 2 car garage in the near future.
I always figured that I would just have the lift over one of the smaller cars.
However now I'm thinking I may as well get one tall enough that my stock Sasquatch OBX (with OEM roof rails) could fit under should the need ever arise.
Another member here is parking their Braptor under a Bendpak HD-7W, which looks to have a max rise of 82".
From info I found, it looks like a 4 door Sasquatch with the roof rack measures about 78.6, where as the measured height of the Braptor is about an inch shorter.
So, who here parks their Bronco under a 4 post lift? And if so, what lift did you go with?
Sponsored

Hwycycle

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2013 Boss 302, 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 F1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, many things to consider. I had a 20x25 garage built a few years ago, with the intention of installing a double wide 4 post lift to store 2 Mustangs over my F150. First constraint was the height of the building I was allowed to build. I was limited to 15’ overall height. After going through all the lifts that were available…(bendpak, advantage, challenger, etc.) each have different spacing between locks. Then consider, how much higher you need to raise the lift to release the locks.
BendPak required a forklift on site to remove the lift from the truck when I was ordering. Not sure if that has changed.
I purchased a 3/4” horsemat from Tractor supply and cut it into 1’x1’ square to place under each leg. That probably increased the height about 1/2” and keeps water from getting under the legs of the lift.

Not sure if this helps… just my experience.
Let me know if you need any measurements. I have the Advantage 10k double wide.

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate the insight! The ceiling is just under 14' and the garage is about the same dimensions as yours (21x30)
I'm fortunate because I can have the lift delivered to my business where we do have forklifts and I will be able to load it on a trailer and get it home. From what I can tell, you're correct that it still needs to be delivered to a hub, or location with forklift.
That is a good idea about adding the "spacers" under it. I do not plan on bolting mine to the slab, however.
It seems like I should be able to get away with almost any "extra high" lift. I've looked at a few different brands (Atlas, Bendpak, RTD...) and like you said, the max rise does vary a bit, but it seems like the Bronco should still be able to fit.
And this is all just hypothetical. I still plan to NOT park the Bronco under it. But I'd like to have the option to be able to do so.

Right now we have 3 cars. The (wife's) Bronco, my GTI, and my project.
Currently, The Bronco and project have the 2 garage spaces and my GTI is in the driveway.
And this is fine. So even when we move, I do not need the lift immediately.
But down the road, maybe when I replace the GTI or pick up another project, is when I will likely get the lift. I'm sure my wife will always require a spot in the garage lol.
The Bronco is definitely going to be around for a while. That's the plan at least.
Our 6 year old daughter already claimed it as her first car lol...but we'll see...
Ford Bronco Bronco Under 4 Post Lift IMG_8595

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate the insight! The ceiling is just under 14' and the garage is about the same dimensions as yours (21x30)
I'm fortunate because I can have the lift delivered to my business where we do have forklifts and I will be able to load it on a trailer and get it home. From what I can tell, you're correct that it still needs to be delivered to a hub, or location with forklift.
That is a good idea about adding the "spacers" under it. I do not plan on bolting mine to the slab, however.
It seems like I should be able to get away with almost any "extra high" lift. I've looked at a few different brands (Atlas, Bendpak, RTD...) and like you said, the max rise does vary a bit, but it seems like the Bronco should still be able to fit.
And this is all just hypothetical. I still plan to NOT park the Bronco under it. But I'd like to have the option to be able to do so.

Right now we have 3 cars. The (wife's) Bronco, my GTI, and my project.
Currently, The Bronco and project have the 2 garage spaces and my GTI is in the driveway.
And this is fine. So even when we move, I do not need the lift immediately.
But down the road, maybe when I replace the GTI or pick up another project, is when I will likely get the lift. I'm sure my wife will always require a spot in the garage lol.
The Bronco is definitely going to be around for a while. That's the plan at least.
Our 6 year old daughter already claimed it as her first car lol...but we'll see...
Ford Bronco Bronco Under 4 Post Lift IMG_8595
Great resource. Along similar lines, i currently have a Wildtrak soft top which is a little too high for my garage, by less than half an inch and I have to roll down my soft top in order to enter the garage. Now that i’ll be transitioning into hardtop I am wondering:
- does the oem soft top on Sasquatch tires sit higher that the oem MIC/ Anderson composite hardtop Sasquatch tires? If so by how much?

I could still take out the front 3 pieces to get into the garage but it would be great if the hardtop sat lower by about half an inch so i don’t have to.
I noticed on the hardtop prep kit that the brackets sit quite low beneath the hardtop, by almost an inch Which gives me hope.

OP
OP
vbrad26

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great resource. Along similar lines, i currently have a Wildtrak soft top which is a little too high for my garage, by less than half an inch and I have to roll down my soft top in order to enter the garage. Now that i’ll be transitioning into hardtop I am wondering:
- does the oem soft top on Sasquatch tires sit higher that the oem MIC/ Anderson composite hardtop Sasquatch tires? If so by how much?

I could still take out the front 3 pieces to get into the garage but it would be great if the hardtop sat lower by about half an inch so i don’t have to.
I noticed on the hardtop prep kit that the brackets sit quite low beneath the hardtop, by almost an inch Which gives me hope.
data.jpg

This is one of the charts I referenced. Although I'd take it with a grain of salt because the "max height" measurement for the 4 door Sas category lists 78.7.
From what I can tell, that is actually the height including a roof rack, despite them having an additional measurement to figure in the height with the roof rack.
I saw somewhere that an Everglades (basically a Sas with a roof rack) measured 78.7.
In your case, I'm comparing the 4 door soft top base to the 2 door soft top base and you'll see the tops do not make much of a difference.
But like I said, I'm not sure I really trust it hah.

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Bronco Under 4 Post Lift data

This is one of the charts I referenced. Although I'd take it with a grain of salt because the "max height" measurement for the 4 door Sas category lists 78.7.
From what I can tell, that is actually the height including a roof rack, despite them having an additional measurement to figure in the height with the roof rack.
I saw somewhere that an Everglades (basically a Sas with a roof rack) measured 78.7.
In your case, I'm comparing the 4 door soft top base to the 2 door soft top base and you'll see the tops do not make much of a difference.
But like I said, I'm not sure I really trust it hah.
Thank you for the info. Given how small the dimension is that i’m working with, i’m doing a bit of hair splitting to make sure i hit the bullseye, pardon the mixing of figurative expressions here.
I did do some digging and it seems to confirm what i suspected which is that the soft sits a little higher than the hardtop, everything else being equal.
It would make sense because the cloth of the soft top sits on a pretty high crossbar to keep it from collapsing in while the hardtop lays flat on the top bar and is held in place by the prep kit that is screwed directly on the frame.

IMG_4111.jpeg

IMG_4112.png

IMG_4110.jpeg

IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4109.png
Sponsored