Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMG_6582.jpeg

Anyone know what trail this is?
Not sure but doesn't look like Bandelier to me too green.

Here's bandilier, its more canyon country.
Ford Bronco Bronco Wildland Firefighting Rig Debut IMG_4766.JPG
Ford Bronco Bronco Wildland Firefighting Rig Debut IMG_4856.JPG
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our service manager is on his way up there for a week of fishing after having to put off for 3 years. He may be more pissed when he gets back than when he left.
Towards the fires? Hope he's upwind!

I went camping in Arkansas in college when they were burning the forest; that was pretty unforgettable. I had a friend whose dad is a big sport fisherman (was one of the first team pros back in the 70's) and he went to Mexico for some private fishing during COVID. So of course the door fell off the private charter plane somewhere over West Texas as they flew down there. Somewhere (on the ground) he lost his phone but got it back when a villager answered my friend calling him. But not his life. Stay safe!

I guess all you get is the story sometimes.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mid package doesn't have the camera. Apparently there are limits to Ford's generosity. I know, one shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. But still, one would think that Ford would have sprang for the high package.
Firemen do not need more trinkets. We can break an anvil with a rubber mallet.

Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From another article it says that the Bronco is for Bandelier National Monument in New Mexico. So, I'm guessing that is it.
I drove by the area a few times, didn't see anything like it. There is Valdes Caldera preserve close by that looks somewhat similar but there arent any trails through the middle of the valley.
@KABQ @Dover157

Last edited:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know how the roof rack is attached to the roof? It looks like a Yakima rack but it is just sitting on the roof. I wonder if they bolted it straight on.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Follows the Filson rig, eh? Park 'em side by side. Go ahead, Ford, we'll wait........

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know how the roof rack is attached to the roof? It looks like a Yakima rack but it is just sitting on the roof. I wonder if they bolted it straight on.
I've been wondering the same thing. The team that modified this for the Fire use definitely doesn't need a convertible SUV, so I'm assuming they bolted it directly through the hardtop.
Looks great like that, but obviously we would loose functionality of removable panels if we did the same.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been wondering the same thing. The team that modified this for the Fire use definitely doesn't need a convertible SUV, so I'm assuming they bolted it directly through the hardtop.
Looks great like that, but obviously we would loose functionality of removable panels if we did the same.
hmm, so they still get the wind noise but none of the benefits. I understand why they would not need it, but yes functionality of removing the tops is gone.

Sponsored

Coldone

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Raptor F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know what winch mount set up this is that work's with the factory capable bumper?

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know what winch mount set up this is that work's with the factory capable bumper?
Looks like the Ford accessory Warn winch and mount to me. It's what I'm leaning towards. Nice and simple.

Coldone

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2020 Raptor F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the Ford accessory Warn winch and mount to me. It's what I'm leaning towards. Nice and simple.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if ford offers a front camera relocation kit for it? I can't seem to find anything about it.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I dig the 2-tone styling. It would look even better if they had gone all out with a red hood and roof, really emphasize the fire truck look

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It was brought up recently, but does anyone know what happened to the Filson Fire Rig?
I assumed it was dismantled and destroyed. It was a pre-production model so I doubt it survived. I saw it in Moab and it didn't sound like it got driven much. I absolutely loved that thing.
Sponsored