Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure Ford is patiently waiting for Wednesday to determine what happens to these Broncos...

bku2zov4yqo5sb8oqqra88gdihrbntd3fuwj78va9&rid=200w.gif

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't the SE side of MI to get 12-16 inches of snow this week. Hope there's not a lot of wind and so the soft tops don't fill with snow, or it gets warm after the snow and the MICS leak, or the local mice and rats take up residence in these new trucks, eat the wiring and now there is more then a chip issue. Maybe the govt. is using these for college student safe spaces. I know...Ford got the word that all of your are pissed about the temp not showing in the dial, so they are holding them until they can get new dials. Yep....that's got to be it. Problem solved.

tedweb

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, KIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My friend bought his wife a 2020 Wrangler with the 3.6. It was using a quart of oil every 500 miles. The dealer said give it time to break in. After 3000 miles it was getting worse. The dealer put a new engine in it, dented the fender. Friend was pretty up set. Then on their way home to Indiana, from Georgia, the new engine blew.
It is on it’s 3rd engine.
Now tells me the auto tranny has a chatter and keeps down shifting.
They have under 10,000 miles on the Jeep.
All manufacturers for sure have failures, you just don't hear about it unless you're probably on one of their forums. I had a friend that had the same issue more or less on a new chevy equinox a few years back. They didn't replace it...they REBUILT it at the dealer (under warranty) which I thought was strange.

Sponsored

Biz

Outer Banks
First Name
Biz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 2dr / 2019 Edge St / 2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mines in there somewhere. According to our 12/6 tracker it's starting to look like high and lux packages being held. Possible climate control chip???

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you not fly a drone over the yard?
If it’s a dirt mountain lot there is a small window that you can fly a drone and look into the lot. Flying over the actual lot is a no go because of the airport.

Sponsored

gcrew95

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bass Boat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would be nice for @Ford to give a little transparency and communications to those patiently waiting to fork over their hard earned money on trucks sitting in the elements.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If chips, they really could be many different modules they are waiting to install. I agree with previous poster the chips are installed at the component or module manufacturer, and once the module arrives they would just install it in the waiting bronco. All manufacturers are making changes on the fly to reduce the amount of chips. I can almost bet this is the reason you have seen the unannounced change from the temperature display on the control knobs. Also why many with the high and lux packages can't be completed or scheduled. Even signals, etc now days are controlled by a microchip signal. If it's not absolutely critical to the performance of the vehicle I look for this trend of updates to eliminate chips to continue.

According to industry reports.

What sorts of things are chips used for in vehicles?
Cars use the chips in a variety of electronics systems. One car part could use 500 to 1,500 chips depending on the complexity of the part.

Ford Bronco Broncos galore spotted in holding yard Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 7.19.34 PM

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
man....all those Broncos just sitting there in the snow/cold....and a load of soft tops too. So much for switching to a soft top in order to getting it quicker

Last edited:
OP
OP

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it’s a dirt mountain lot there is a small window that you can fly a drone and look into the lot. Flying over the actual lot is a no go because of the airport.
This is a different lot. It's almost across the street from a Walmart, probably 5 or 6 miles from the airport.

Reactions: Cat

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's not all rosy news.

If you only believe what you hear on these here digital pages (Bronco6G), then Ford is the only manufacturer so stupid and inept as to have chip shortages. And they did it for the sole purpose of harming Bronco reservation holders.

If, for some unlikely reason, you're not in the above category and prefer holding your head above the sand, then there's future cuts coming across the entire auto sector.

Per today.... Auto volume should be around the bankruptcy-impacted 2009 levels.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-31
Anybody have this article that's NOT behind a paywall?
Sponsored