Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this still at MAP? This doesn't look like the "Dirt Mountain" location. Leaves some of us hopeful that this is still a holding area for transport.
Its a holding area approximately 5 miles Southwest from MAP. Map has its own rail yard behind the plant with holding area, so its not that.
Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@porkchop express - Completely up to you, but do you mind adding the link to the Ice Mountain Tracker to your Original Post. I'd love to create some data points like I did with Dirt Mountain Tracker to help figure out what is going on here. Thanks!

I had been meaning to post this a few weeks back but truthfully needed a few weeks to disconnect after Dirt Mountain finally closed out. A quick graphic change (I had "Snow Mountain" in mind originally) and a refurbish on the Dirt Mountain Tracker and we are ready to roll on tracking what on earth is causing these Bronco's to be left out in the cold! ā„ā˜ƒšŸ”

Main point of this Tracker is to bring ALL data from Build Week Threads into a common place as we'll want a place to vent together once the lucky SOB's that weren't sent to Ice Mountain move on with their lives. Think of it as free therapy with your peers šŸ¤£

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ice-mountain-tracker-dirt-mountain-v2-0.35474/

Ford Bronco Broncos galore spotted in holding yard Ice-Mountai

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's not all rosy news.

If you only believe what you hear on these here digital pages (Bronco6G), then Ford is the only manufacturer so stupid and inept as to have chip shortages. And they did it for the sole purpose of harming Bronco reservation holders.

If, for some unlikely reason, you're not in the above category and prefer holding your head above the sand, then there's future cuts coming across the entire auto sector.

Per today.... Auto volume should be around the bankruptcy-impacted 2009 levels.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/latest-numbers-automotive-microchip-shortage-31
Give It Up Rick!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So my Bronco is probably in there itā€™s on hold because of the chip shortage, according to ford , I have a vin and window sticker. they keep changing my delivery day first 1/6-then 2/4 now who knows whatā€™s next . Sometimes I think do I still want the bronco Iā€™m not sure, by the time I get it it will be rusted and 2021 left over , there making 2022 Broncos are they getting chips if so why shouldnā€™t all of us wanting for our 2021 siting in that lot get the chips first . When that lot empties and all those broncos are on the road is my bronco going to be wrath what I paid for it , will itā€™s value crash, and are they full of tek that has changed because ford was having problems with it and change it in the newer ones
I just donā€™t know
I think we need to differentiate between chip shortage (if this were true, not sure Ford would build vehicles just to sit there; adding to WIP cost) vs short-term chip hold (which seemingly indicates they believe the components with the chips will be arriving soonish and allowing this WIP to be finished and shipped).

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Stopped by one of the yards today.

I have heard the standard excuses why built 2021 broncos and raptors have been "built" and not delivered as of Feb 2022....while other 2022 FORD Broncos and Raptors have been delivered ....At this point...does it really matter? FORD has designed some obviously popular vehicles during a pandemic that created some supply chain issues...Clearly FORD is making huge profits while doing business in this fashion....Its always the money...ALWAYS. FORD wouldn't let vehicles sit on dirt mountain replaced by ice mountain unless they had a financial angle that benefitted their bottom line.
As I continue to watch and hear of delivered 2022 Broncos and Raptors , while my 2021 Bronco sits "built" in ice for nearly 2 months now waiting for delivery or chip or whatever BS reason FORD comes up with...Let's just say FORD really disappoints and is not capable of understanding that vehicles already partially completed and sold in 2021 should be completed before 2022's are started and delivered. Common Sense and customer service are MIA at FORD. Eventually this strategy will hurt their bottom line.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@porkchop express - Completely up to you, but do you mind adding the link to the Ice Mountain Tracker to your Original Post. I'd love to create some data points like I did with Dirt Mountain Tracker to help figure out what is going on here. Thanks!

I had been meaning to post this a few weeks back but truthfully needed a few weeks to disconnect after Dirt Mountain finally closed out. A quick graphic change (I had "Snow Mountain" in mind originally) and a refurbish on the Dirt Mountain Tracker and we are ready to roll on tracking what on earth is causing these Bronco's to be left out in the cold! ā„ā˜ƒšŸ”

Main point of this Tracker is to bring ALL data from Build Week Threads into a common place as we'll want a place to vent together once the lucky SOB's that weren't sent to Ice Mountain move on with their lives. Think of it as free therapy with your peers šŸ¤£

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ice-mountain-tracker-dirt-mountain-v2-0.35474/

Ford Bronco Broncos galore spotted in holding yard happy-new-year-tom-hanks
we should have added a frozen sasquatch in there lol. looks awesome tho count me in!

Sponsored

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we should have added a frozen sasquatch in there lol. looks awesome tho count me in!
A YETI! Hot damn, going to have to update this later on tonight when I'm home from work!

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not my industry, but from what I know from Toyota's US factories and chip shortages, chips tend to come in large batches (20K units +), so if all these are waiting for chips, then they know about the short component well enough in advance to built the unit and wait for content to arrive rather than not build them in the first place.

Likely has more to do with UAW labor agreements, but still, waiting for the last few parts isn't nearly as bad as not having a VIN in the first place.
I would much rather still be waiting on a VIN than to wait just as long only to get a Bronco that has had 100lbs of snow stretching the soft top and whatever other issues sitting for 6+ months will cause. Mine has been there since 9/3. I donā€™t anticipate Ford pulling their heads out anytime soon. So maybe if Iā€™m lucky Iā€™ll have my ā€˜21 Bronco by Summer of ā€˜22.

gopats54

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2021 Jeep 4XE 2018 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would much rather still be waiting on a VIN than to wait just as long only to get a Bronco that has had 100lbs of snow stretching the soft top and whatever other issues sitting for 6+ months will cause. Mine has been there since 9/3. I donā€™t anticipate Ford pulling their heads out anytime soon. So maybe if Iā€™m lucky Iā€™ll have my ā€˜21 Bronco by Summer of ā€˜22.
FFS, I can't handle that. I would walk and say hand me my deposit back. I agree with the letting it sit and rot in the holding pattern. I get it, people will argue that Vehicles sit on a dealer lot for extended periods of time. But just like any Internal Combustion Engine, they need to be started and run from time to time. Get up to temperature, seals remain seated, lubricants remain active. Everything degrades with time. Some parts more rapidly than others.
Sponsored