First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let them rot on their lot. That’s what dealers in general get for screwing over buyers with forced ADM’s and for that dumbass Jim Farley raising prices too much.
Put yourself in Farley's shoes. You're selling Broncos at X price and dealers are marking them up $10K or more. Why do that? Better to raise the price and dealers sell at MSRP. Then Ford gets more money. And if interest rates climb and they're a little harder to sell at MSRP, dealers discount and Ford give incentives. For every person who wouldn't pay MSRP in today's world, there are plenty who do. So, it's better to discount some than automatically discount all. The game is the same, only the numbers change. A year ago and more, it was "I won't pay ADM!" for some. Now it's, "I won't pay MSRP!" Don't blame the guy trying to get the most money for his product. Blame all the other buyers willing to pay more for a vehicle than you are willing to pay.:)
Sponsored

OP
OP
RoLyMa27

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My closest dealer shows 26...but a lot of those have the generic photo with the Ford train cars in the background, so I'm assuming those are dealer allocations not actually in stock yet. I get "Window sticker not found" when trying to view those. Everything that is listed is posted at MSRP. Of the 26, only 6 pulled a window sticker and three of those had blend dates that are too recent for the vehicles to actually be at the dealership. One has a blend date of today. :) I'm not sure about the others, but it's possible two of them haven't arrived either (March blend dates). This fits with what I see--every time I drive by the dealership, I never see a single Bronco on the lot. If they aren't sold before they arrive, they likely prep them and keep them inside the showroom. This is a fairly large dealership, too. My service write said they service 200-400 vehicles a day. o_O
There were 8 on the lot when I had my wheels put on. I personally looked at them. They have received a couple more since and they are all still there as of Monday when I drove by the lot.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, that’s were I said the ADM will be going. Of course, anyone who pays $20K over MSRP for anything not called a GT3, or Ferrari is an idiot.

These Toyotas are special in the minds of many who off-road because they tend to be bullet proof, just boring as hell, but $20K is crazy.

difference is, Toyota dealers know they are in no risk of falling off, ever. Toyota has sold a pair of 20 year old trucks for full price for 20 years with no customer demands for something new or modern. Add to that, Toyota doesn’t care how the dealers behave, because they don’t have to care.

Ford, on the other hand, has no such luxury and Ford dealers certianly do not and both will pay a penitence for the price gouging of a vehicle that should never have commanded such a premium.

Sure, I love my Bronco, but for what it is. What it isn’t is a $70K vehicle.
My Score card: Ford = 1 vs Toyota = 0:

In the past, I have purchased 2004 4Runner and a 1999 Ford Expedition.
Both vehicles well maintained. Living in the NE, the 4Runner at 160,000 miles had its frame rust out completely and had to sell it for parts in 2018 (14 yrs). Toyota MFG didn't care although their supplier, Dana Mfg. had similar frame issues with Tacoma's that had a replacement recall.
The Ford Expedition blew head gaskets at 60,000 and Ford MFG stepped in with backing me into an ESP to rebuild its top end. The 1999 Expedition is still rolling at 210,000 (25 + years).

In my experience Ford Mfg. has demonstrated more value to me than a Toyota has.
Extremely satisfied with my American Made Ford Bronco!
Sponsored