Sponsored

Will driving our stock Broncos in off road conditions potentially void our warranties from Ford?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
  • Banned
Here's an example of a 2020 Jeep Gladiator owner driving their stock Gladiator in deep mud which resulted in a multitude of electrical problems, not being able to have it repaired under warranty. Owner even had purchased an extended warranty.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...y-warranty-after-taking-it-through-mud.38337/

Failed alternator
Rear center brake light
Auto stop/start failure
Rear axel lock up

Only had 4,500 miles when problems began occurring.

I'm sure we will have at least one situation like this with the Bronco.
Sponsored

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's an example of a 2020 Jeep Gladiator owner driving their stock Gladiator in deep mud which resulted in a multitude of electrical problems, not being able to have it repaired under warranty. Owner even had purchased an extended warranty.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...y-warranty-after-taking-it-through-mud.38337/

Failed alternator
Rear center brake light
Auto stop/start failure
Rear axel lock up

Sounds more like an issue with the first dealer. However, depending on what you do in your Bronco, it definitely could void the warranty.

Ford has an asterisk that says something like "always consult your owners manual before going off-road", so I would be careful before fording too deep of water or going over too large of a rock if you are worried about the factory replacing warrantied parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The warranty on the Gladiator wasn't voided because it was driven off road. It was voided because FCA believes is that it was submerged in mud. If true, that would be trail damage and not covered by warranty.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have seen this sort of thing on nearly every brand. But every time the driver was doing something kinda dumb. Jumping their truck. Going through water so deep it was putting the alternator and headlights under. I was in one pickup that was jumped so high the airbags went off. If you jump your truck 6 feet in the air landing on pavement it will not be covered.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Failed alternator
Rear center brake light
Auto stop/start failure
Rear axel lock up

No, it won't void anything...but if you screw something up, obviously it's not covered. They pay if it's their fault...you pay if it's yours. A warranty is not the same as insurance....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Posted in the other thread on this:

Somewhere in my Jeep manual, it recommends replacing diff fluid, transfer case fluid, etc. after fording deeper than the axles. This is even with breather tubes that extend above the max ford height.

I am betting this person does not have an records of having done the required maintenance.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, it won't void anything...but if you screw something up, obviously it's not covered. They pay if it's their fault...you pay if it's yours. A warranty is not the same as insurance....
This 100% is your answer

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Failed alternator
Rear center brake light
Auto stop/start failure
Rear axle lock up

Sounds like operator error to me.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think outside of 'abuse' people there is valid concern in the serious off-road nature of some of the trims/options.

How will it be determined what is acceptable usage of the vehicle? If you come in with rock guards and steel plates reasonably worn and an unrelated issue will they look to say offroaded... no dice?
Sponsored