Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's my question...

I'm eligible for Z-Plan pricing. I know the A/Z-Plan formula is Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + Program Fee. My dealer confirmed that Holdback is 3% of the MSRP. Do you happen to know what the average advertising fees and program fees are? I want the ability to figure out what exactly my final purchase price will be. I'm pretty sure the B&P tool will not account for Z-Plan pricing, so any help I can get beforehand would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, NayNay!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this!

If I am with a dealer that is still promising 0.4% under invoice plus $275, I assume they’ll want to recoup some of that discount elsewhere. Where should I be watching for “extra” fees in the finance office?
I’ll be more than likely financing through my CU, and more than likely purchasing an extended warranty through another less expensive Ford dealer unless they’ll match it.
Have them give you a buyers order with everything broken out in detail. Considering their offer to you, you can also ask to see their invoice too. If you go into this fully armed with knowing what your credit union will offer you, what you're willing to pay for a genuine Ford warranty (do NOT buy a 3rd party one) (that's a topic within itself) you should be absolutely fine. It's illegal for a dealer to pack payments (meaning inflate them buy adding products). Ask what your base payment is before any additional things you may want to buy, if you decide to give them a shot at beating your CU rate. Many dealerships will jump at the chance to convert you over. A pro of that is you can flip to your CU later if they give you an even stronger rate. It is also illegal for a dealership to say in order to get a specific rate you must purchase this or that.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been getting many questions about payments, terms, how much should I spend, how does this work, credit scores, money down, added extras, invoice etc. I decided I will hang out and help on and off from now until about 1am eastern. I will answer any and all questions I can regardless of what dealership you are buying from. Ford will be sending everyone an email letting them know the build and price will be live at midnight est. Many already have it. I will not be here to argue, or bash other dealers. I am here as a finance director and fellow Bronco buyer. Thanks in advance!! @Granger Ford @StephensAutoCenter @rcbickle @EvlNvrDys just in case any of you want to chime in or direct anyone this way.
THIS!

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi- I have never bought a new car, and I will be buying this one out of state, for my last car loan I got preapproved from a local credit union and it went very well, should I expect any hiccups with this process using an out of state dealer? Is there any reason I would want to choose the inhouse/Ford financing instead?
Thanks for your time.
Always tell the dealer what rate you were offered. A dealership would rather have a chance to beat that rate then lose you to another bank. You should have no issues buying out of state if you stick with your credit union.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
NayNay

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my question...

I'm eligible for Z-Plan pricing. I know the A/Z-Plan formula is Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + Program Fee. My dealer confirmed that Holdback is 3% of the MSRP. Do you happen to know what the average advertising fees and program fees are? I want the ability to figure out what exactly my final purchase price will be. I'm pretty sure the B&P tool will not account for Z-Plan pricing, so any help I can get beforehand would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, NayNay!
Are you aware that your dealership is required to show you and give you a copy of the invoice of your vehicle? I can't answer that question because the advertising fee and program fees can vary from model to model (I'm pretty sure but not 100%) and with there being no former Bronco to look at i can't get an idea.

Invoice on plan pricing**

Last edited:

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi- I have never bought a new car, and I will be buying this one out of state, for my last car loan I got preapproved from a local credit union and it went very well, should I expect any hiccups with this process using an out of state dealer? Is there any reason I would want to choose the inhouse/Ford financing instead?
Thanks for your time.
I'm not NayNay, but I've done this with my CU. I live in VA, purchased from WI. Just like an in-state transaction as far as the check part.

The one thing to watch closely is sales tax -- different states have different laws. When I returned to VA, I had to go to the DMV to pay the VA tax (no tax paid in WI). On our Bronco, I plan to have the dealer roll the VA taxes in, and either send them to VA or cut me a check so I can do it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We need to wait until some VINs have been requested for that extended warranty quote correct?

Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To the lease question earlier...I always lease, which is why I won’t retire early! Unfortunately wife likes cars more than I do.

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have them give you a buyers order with everything broken out in detail. Considering their offer to you, you can also ask to see their invoice too. If you go into this fully armed with knowing what your credit union will offer you, what you're willing to pay for a genuine Ford warranty (do NOT buy a 3rd party one) (that's a topic within itself) you should be absolutely fine. It's illegal for a dealer to pack payments (meaning inflate them buy adding products). Ask what your base payment is before any additional things you may want to buy, if you decide to give them a shot at beating your CU rate. Many dealerships will jump at the chance to convert you over. A pro of that is you can flip to your CU later if they give you an even stronger rate. It is also illegal for a dealership to say in order to get a specific rate you must purchase this or that.
Thank you NayNay. Exactly what I was looking for. Wasn’t aware of a buyers order, but wanted to see a breakdown... Thank you!
Well aware of the genuine warranty issues. Definitely have read up on horror stories and know to watch myself on the warranties. Thanks again.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership is offering a complimentary lifetime powertrain limited warranty. I'm not sure what's all that is offered in terms of warranties for vehicles, and I want to make sure my vehicle is protected. Is this the only warranty I will need in case things start to break down?

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you aware that your dealership is required to show you and give you a copy of the invoice of your vehicle? I can't answer that question because the advertising fee and program fees can vary from model to model (I'm pretty sure but not 100%) and with there being no former Bronco to look at i can't get an idea.
I wasn't aware before my question that my dealer is required to provide me a copy of my vehicle's invoice, but I am now. Thank you for the advice. However, it looks like I wont be able to find out exactly what my Z-Plan price will be without consulting with my dealer after I build out my Bronco and save the results.

AwfulAddie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not NayNay, but I've done this with my CU. I live in VA, purchased from WI. Just like an in-state transaction as far as the check part.

The one thing to watch closely is sales tax -- different states have different laws. When I returned to VA, I had to go to the DMV to pay the VA tax (no tax paid in WI). On our Bronco, I plan to have the dealer roll the VA taxes in, and either send them to VA or cut me a check so I can do it.
Yes I thought about this too, but the other way round, we don't have sales tax in OR, and I did reach out to my dealer (Granger) to be sure I wouldn't get charged for it in their state...
Thanks for looking out :)
Sponsored