Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your perspective.

I am not opposed to going out to Reddington Pass, but I am never planning on Chiva Falls or Charouleau Gap Trail. I'm more often on forest service roads, as you know, around here have lots of rocks and loose dirt, and I've driven lots of them in a 2wd truck without much trouble.... Although a couple times I really wished I had a rear locker.😁

I think I may leave off the 4A for now. If my order gets pushed to 2022 and someone says something before then that sounds useful to me (besides snow and ice which I never see) then I can use the extra $900 to pay for gas.😉😉
I ran Chiva Falls and the Crack on stock 29” tires in my 87 Bronco without lockers, the new Bronco should eat those trails up in any trim. I didn’t attempt Charouleau Gap until I had 35” tires and dual ARB lockers.

The Black Diamond with a rear locker and 31.7” tires will do more than you’ll be willing to 😉

I just posted this in another Tucson thread.
Ford Bronco Build Confirmation: 2dr, Black Diamond B713DFFD-E847-41F4-A524-8F55697B7283
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ran Chiva Falls and the Crack on stock 29” tires in my 87 Bronco without lockers, the new Bronco should eat those trails up in any trim. I didn’t attempt Charouleau Gap until I had 35” tires and dual ARB lockers.

The Black Diamond with a rear locker and 31.7” tires will do more than you’ll be willing to 😉

I just posted this in another Tucson thread.
Ford Bronco Build Confirmation: 2dr, Black Diamond B713DFFD-E847-41F4-A524-8F55697B7283
OMG that's an awesome picture! That's exactly how I pictured Charouleau Gap.🤗

I've had 3 or more different students in my classes over the years telling me about breaking an axle trying to attempt Charouleau Gap!

Where/What is "the Crack"?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OMG that's an awesome picture! That's exactly how I pictured Charouleau Gap.🤗

I've had 3 or more different students in my classes over the years telling me about breaking an axle trying to attempt Charouleau Gap!

Where/What is "the Crack"?
The Crack is on the Chiva Falls trail after the first decent. Most people use the bypass to the south. Last I was up there (maybe 5 years ago) the top of the trail had been blocked by railings, forcing people to use the bypass.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Crack is on the Chiva Falls trail after the first decent. Most people use the bypass to the south. Last I was up there (maybe 5 years ago) the top of the trail had been blocked by railings, forcing people to use the bypass.
Cool. My kid and his buddy were just out that way last weekend on dirt bikes. I forget if they did Chiva Falls or Chimney Rock. But I'll ask if he knows where the Crack is.😍
Sponsored