Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I normally wouldn't post this, but I have seen so few 2dr Black Diamonds scheduled for build that I thought I would share. 2dr, Black Diamond, Area 51, 2.3 MT, Non-squatch, advanced 4x4, no towing package.

Excited to see this...Ford told me I would know in May, it's May. They said it would be delivered in Summer, it is scheduled for Summer...so I am happy we are on track.

Screenshot_20210527-105152~2.png
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This isn’t an order confirmation, it’s a build scheduling. And there are several threads that this post more appropriately belongs in.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I normally wouldn't post this, but I have seen so few 2dr Black Diamonds scheduled for build that I thought I would share. 2dr, Black Diamond, Area 51, 2.3 MT, Non-squatch, advanced 4x4, no towing package.

Excited to see this...Ford told me I would know in May, it's May. They said it would be delivered in Summer, it is scheduled for Summer...so I am happy we are on track.

Ford Bronco Build Confirmation: 2dr, Black Diamond Screenshot_20210527-105152~2
So any updates on this?

Plus, a few of us were having a discussion about the advanced 4x4 with a manual transmission. I see you have that combination.

Any thoughts on what the advanced transfer case is going to do for if you have an MT? I understand how it works with the automatic, but not the manual. We were discussing that it's a lot of money to spend on something that I'm not even sure if it's useful in my case.🤔

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So any updates on this?

Plus, a few of us were having a discussion about the advanced 4x4 with a manual transmission. I see you have that combination.

Any thoughts on what the advanced transfer case is going to do for if you have an MT? I understand how it works with the automatic, but not the manual. We were discussing that it's a lot of money to spend on something that I'm not even sure if it's useful in my case.🤔
Why would it work any differently when you are shifting versus the automatic shifting? Wouldn’t it still transfer power to the wheels the same? The adv 4 x4 effects the transfer case not trans.

Sponsored

Neo777

Black Diamond
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Build Confirmation: 2dr, Black Diamond Screenshot_20210527-105152~2
Congrats, my Bronco is similar to yours. Did you get the Hard or soft top.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why would it work any differently when you are shifting versus the automatic shifting? Wouldn’t it still transfer power to the wheels the same? The adv 4 x4 effects the transfer case not trans.
That's kind of what I'm asking.

It's like how some people don't understand why I want to pick which gear I'm in when I can pay extra for an automatic transmission that will probably do it more efficiently than I will.

So I'm just trying to decifer exactly what it does, and whether I want to pay $900 for it if I don't actually need it.

Like what seriously is the downside to me manually controlling my transfer case that is worth $900?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It's like how some people don't understand why I want to pick which gear I'm in when I can pay extra for an automatic transmission that will probably do it more efficiently than I will.

So I'm just trying to decifer exactly what it does, and whether I want to pay $900 for it if I don't actually need it.

Like what seriously is the downside to me manually controlling my transfer case that is worth $900?
A sudden change in road conditions (ice, water, tumbleweed?) and the advanced 4x4 can engage before you could have.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A sudden change in road conditions (ice, water, tumbleweed?) and the advanced 4x4 can engage before you could have.
But wouldn't I have already had to manually put the transfer case into 4A?

And would that in turn engage 4L or 4H even if I didn't want to?

I am 99% certain I will be reentering an order for 2022, and don't want regrets, but don't want to spend more than is necessary.😁

Sponsored

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that is a different question and unrelated to manual transmission

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But wouldn't I have already had to manually put the transfer case into 4A?

And would that in turn engage 4L or 4H even if I didn't want to?

I am 99% certain I will be reentering an order for 2022, and don't want regrets, but don't want to spend more than is necessary.😁
The advanced transfer case comes with a lower ratio (3.07:1?) than the standard case (2.72:1). The lower 4 low range is better for crawling and larger tires. The 4A setting is capable of engaging the front axle whenever needed, it worked well on my Raptor. It’s not mandatory, but living in a place with snow and ice I would rather have the feature.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The advanced transfer case comes with a lower ratio (3.07:1?) than the standard case (2.72:1). The lower 4 low range is better for crawling and larger tires. The 4A setting is capable of engaging the front axle whenever needed, it worked well on my Raptor. It’s not mandatory, but living in a place with snow and ice I would rather have the feature.
That's kind of what I need to know. I'm on a super tight budget, so $900 is a lot of extra money. And the more I understand how it works the better I am able to decide if I need it or not. 😁

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's kind of what I need to know. I'm on a super tight budget, so $900 is a lot of extra money. And the more I understand how it works the better I am able to decide if I need it or not. 😁
I grew up in Tucson, not enough snow and ice to consider it mandatory there. I could make a case for it in Flagstaff. If you want to crawl in Redington or near Florence then the lower gear ratio is worth it.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I grew up in Tucson, not enough snow and ice to consider it mandatory there. I could make a case for it in Flagstaff. If you want to crawl in Redington or near Florence then the lower gear ratio is worth it.
Thanks for your perspective.

I am not opposed to going out to Reddington Pass, but I am never planning on Chiva Falls or Charouleau Gap Trail. I'm more often on forest service roads, as you know, around here have lots of rocks and loose dirt, and I've driven lots of them in a 2wd truck without much trouble.... Although a couple times I really wished I had a rear locker.😁

I think I may leave off the 4A for now. If my order gets pushed to 2022 and someone says something before then that sounds useful to me (besides snow and ice which I never see) then I can use the extra $900 to pay for gas.😉😉
Sponsored