Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My thoughts exacty. Only diff is sig headlights and swaybar disco, which can be done manually on the cheap. You gotta get out to deflate and inflate your tires anyway, may as well disconnect while you're out ther, way I see it.
Put my order in last week with Granger.

4 door BD
Cactus Gray
2.3 Auto
Sasquatch
Mid
MIC hard top
Tow Package

At $46.8 I'm almost $2k over what I wanted to spend, but feel confident that I am getting everything I wanted, except for the 2.7. I feel like a bit of an anomoly going 2.3/auto/sas as almost no one has that combo.... From driving my friend's Ranger and from the reviews out at KOH I think it will be adequate, I just hope I don't regret it down the road. To get 2.7 I'm thinking I'd have to drop down to Basesquatch to make it worth it for me, and I really want the washout/MGV and mid package.
$1800 for a better, stronger engine is a no-brainer for me. Of all the things i would regret not going with, that would be it. Sounds like in your first sentence, you may regret it too.
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$1800 for a better, stronger engine is a no-brainer for me. Of all the things i would regret not going with, that would be it. Sounds like in your first sentence, you may regret it too.
I've been thinking about it more and more, and I think I'm going to upgrade to the 2.7, budget be damned. It's only a few dollars more every month. Plus with a 17 September reservation, I might not see my truck till this time next calendar year, so I have months and months to change it, and that down payment is just going to get bigger and bigger.

Miamibronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went to a Bronco meet today and The only thing that threw me off is that I came under the impression that the interior finishes like on the door handles and hand brake etc would match the exterior color of the car. Actually that is false. According to them, each trim comes with a fixed color for that interior finish, regardless of your exterior color.
So my cyber orange exterior is going to have a velocity blue interior finish because it comes standard for the black diamond trim.
I assume aftermarket will be able to make replacements so Iā€™m not too worried lol šŸ¤£

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s even worse, the interior color on the Black Diamond is Grabber Blue. I wish they offered it as an exterior color instead. Mine will be velocity blue exterior with grabber blue trim. šŸ˜”

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™ve been flip flopping on Sasquatch; itā€™s been consuming my thoughts for days. Now after watching more KOH vids, Iā€™m thinking I donā€™t need the Squatch. Iā€™ll save the money, grab some rims right off the bat, accessorize at will, and put larger tires on when the Grabbers wear out.
For starters, I don't know much about tires and wheels. Right now I have BD + Squatch but seriously thinking of changing to Non-Squatch. Question: how difficult is going to be to go up to the 285? Will it need a lift?

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For starters, I don't know much about tires and wheels. Right now I have BD + Squatch but seriously thinking of changing to Non-Squatch. Question: how difficult is going to be to go up to the 285? Will it need a lift?
Ha! I wish I knew. Seems like somebody could use one of those models that are being tricked out and just experiment with different tire sizes.

My order is for a non squatched BD, but I still may upgrade. Maybe I'll get it and roll around like a baller. When its time to replace the tires I drop down to the 285/75 for a narrower tire. But I wonder how it would look with the Sasq flares. This is the problem with buying a new model vehicle!

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ha! I wish I knew. Seems like somebody could use one of those models that are being tricked out and just experiment with different tire sizes.

My order is for a non squatched BD, but I still may upgrade. Maybe I'll get it and roll around like a baller. When its time to replace the tires I drop down to the 285/75 for a narrower tire. But I wonder how it would look with the Sasq flares. This is the problem with buying a new model vehicle!
I'm driving myself Crazy cuz I certainly don't need the Squatch package but it looks so good! I just feel the stock tires look too small for the vehicle. I thought the same thing, when I wear out the 315's maybe go back to the 285's but no one ever goes smaller and would it look right AND would you need to change the gearing?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm driving myself Crazy cuz I certainly don't need the Squatch package but it looks so good! I just feel the stock tires look too small for the vehicle. I thought the same thing, when I wear out the 315's maybe go back to the 285's but no one ever goes smaller and would it right AND would you need to change the gearing?
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds AB8EAA67-8F58-465E-A109-EF5507B7D75F

I doubt gearing would be an issue. Comparing the two, the overall diameter is only a .6ā€ difference. But then you still have the lift, locker and rest of the goodies. Iā€™d prefer to do this than get the Badlands. I think...
Ford Bronco Black Diamond Builds 2D0ECA78-0351-404A-ADFF-25427CBC5619

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I doubt gearing would be an issue. Comparing the two, the overall diameter is only a .6ā€ difference. But then you still have the lift, locker and rest of the goodies. Iā€™d prefer to do this than get the Badlands. I think...
I can't live with Orange accents in the BL...hence why I'm going BD Squatch. If I could get the BD interior in the stock BL, it would be a no brainer.

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

After doing some research, the gearing is the same on BD as on BL. But yes you will still be missing a slight lift and lockers I believe.

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any 4-door BD squatchers able to order the tow package? Thought i seen it mentioned that it isn't available when the dealers try to put it in the system.
Itā€™s on my 4 dr. BD non squatch build.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone heard any updates on if production versions with MGV interiors will still have 'carpets' on the back side of the rear seats? I've seen a few question/complain about it and in recent pictures at dealer events the BD's still have the 'carpet'....

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone heard any updates on if production versions with MGV interiors will still have 'carpets' on the back side of the rear seats? I've seen a few question/complain about it and in recent pictures at dealer events the BD's still have the 'carpet'....
It's my understanding that the carpet will stay on MY21. In the Esteban hostage video he mentioned that the carpet on the back side of rear seats in the two MGV models was something Ford would fix but it's not clear to me whether that would happen in MY22 or beyond.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't live with Orange accents in the BL...hence why I'm going BD Squatch. If I could get the BD interior in the stock BL, it would be a no brainer.
Funny, I actually love the orange accents with the darker interior of the BL. If it wasnā€™t so much more expensive to build a BL how I want, Iā€™d do it in a heart beat. To each their own!

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you guys seen pics of your exact exterior? I can't recall seeing a BD carbonized grey 4-door, non-sas, steelies with MIC top and roof rack...the closest was a 2-door with the upgraded rims... Bugging me I can't stare longingly into headlights of the exact look...If anyone recalls seeing one you'll make my day!
Sponsored