First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep reading about peep’s early reserve dates, but what the hell does that matter? It’s about the order date, not reservation. Anyone can reserve. Ford doesn’t care about that.
Because ford told everyone that reservation number was a determining factor when assigning builds…..and they have not detracted that statement, and have in fact reiterated it several times. They never once said merely ordering a bronco would would effect your place in line, as long as you ordered before the cutoff date in March.
Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because ford told everyone that reservation number was a determining factor when assigning builds…..and they have not detracted that statement, and have in fact reiterated it several times. They never once said merely ordering a bronco would would effect your place in line, as long as you ordered before the cutoff date in March.
I get that, but I can’t even see my reservation on the site, now that it has been converted to an order. How are they being picked from the dealership, by reserve stamp, then reordered on a master list?

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So does Ford picks in order from the earliest reservation from each dealership, then adds them to a master list from other dealerships in order by reservation again?

When I go on Ford’s website, I no longer see my reservation and date, since it’s been converted to an order.
The best way to think about it is dealer-specific. Dealers all got a certain allocation. Each scheduling period they get some portion of that allocation scheduled.

When ford goes to schedule your dealer's allocations, it will look at the clean orders (those that are available to schedule) and go through them in reservation order. The earliest will be scheduled if Ford has the ability to build it based on parts available. If #1 can't be built because Ford is out of some part (by out, it means Ford won't have any at the time that build is ready to go at the plant), it moves to reservation #2, and on down the line of all orders at that dealership until it finds one it can build.

That's how reservation #4 might get built before 1, 2, or 3.

It's also why it's not that helpful to know when someone at another dealer reserved - you could theoretically be the first reservation holder with a 7/20 reservation at your dealer if nobody put in a clean order ahead of you, whereas many here are way down the list with a 7/14 reservation because their dealer has lots of early reservations.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get that, but I can’t even see my reservation on the site, now that it has been converted to an order. How are they being picked from the dealership, by reserve stamp, then reordered on a master list?
Your reservation date and time can be referenced from the email Ford sent confirming your reservation. Literally the actual time it was sent.

There is no reordering from a master list. It only matters where you are on your dealer's list and how many that dealer was allocated. And if course commodities.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The best way to think about it is dealer-specific. Dealers all got a certain allocation. Each scheduling period they get some portion of that allocation scheduled.

When ford goes to schedule your dealer's allocations, it will look at the clean orders (those that are available to schedule) and go through them in reservation order. The earliest will be scheduled if Ford has the ability to build it based on parts available. If #1 can't be built because Ford is out of some part (by out, it means Ford won't have any at the time that build is ready to go at the plant), it moves to reservation #2, and on down the line of all orders at that dealership until it finds one it can build.

That's how reservation #4 might get built before 1, 2, or 3.

It's also why it's not that helpful to know when someone at another dealer reserved - you could theoretically be the first reservation holder with a 7/20 reservation at your dealer if nobody put in a clean order ahead of you, whereas many here are way down the list with a 7/14 reservation because their dealer has lots of early reservations.
Thanks that helps. Do they put them order again, once Ford picks them for a build, by reservation?

Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is from my dealer. I’m sure I’m down on the list being only 2months in on my wait.

“The way Ford is selecting Bronco orders is that they are taking 3-4 at a time from each dealer. At this time, we have about 40 orders and we are on our second round of being selected for orders. They were supposed to pick up the next round of orders today, but again has been delayed. Ford is telling dealers that even if you are a '22 or '23 build and you add the soft top with the hard top prep kit that will allow you to get the hard top later, you can be selected sooner for your order. Right now, we have more customers that did the 2 door build that automatically get the hard/soft top no matter what and are being built first. We can't guarantee your year as of now until they select your order to be in the production line. You may be a '22 or a '23, it is all up to Ford production and the availability of parts, and if they do not shut down any states for COVID numbers rising that will put a strain on production again”.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved on 13 Jul 20 and ordered on 21 Jan ……I can still see the reservation number on the Ford site for the Bronco I ordered and the one I ordered (on the 14th) and subsequently cancelled. You should have received an email from Ford with your reservation number……….if that’s still they way it’s being done. Hang in there, but don’t be in a hurry. Your situation is going to take a while. Work with your dealership and seek out the info you need on this forum,….chances are others are or have been in your exact situation.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved on 13 Jul 20 and ordered on 21 Jan ……I can still see the reservation number on the Ford site for the Bronco I ordered and the one I ordered (on the 14th) and subsequently cancelled. You should have received an email from Ford with your reservation number……….if that’s still they way it’s being done. Hang in there, but don’t be in a hurry. Your situation is going to take a while. Work with your dealership and seek out the info you need on this forum,….chances are others are or have been in your exact situation.
Thanks. I’m sure my dealers is sick of me. I changed my order completely once another told me no new orders will be produced till 2023. I switched from BL lux mic to WT high Mic, after my dealer stated that’s the way to get a mic faster. I’m not sure if that’s true but makes sense. The BL is more popular and they can’t just stop producing WT.

My dealer states they have more 2 door orders than anything, my 4 Door WT might stand out, who knows.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I’m sure my dealers is sick of me. I changed my order completely once another told me no new orders will be produced till 2023. I switched from BL lux mic to WT high Mic, after my dealer stated that’s the way to get a mic faster. I’m not sure if that’s true but makes sense. The BL is more popular and they can’t just stop producing WT.

My dealer states they have more 2 door orders than anything, my 4 Door WT might stand out, who knows.
Curious. When did you reserve?

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had a vin since May. I've gotten used to the reschedule email, but two in as many days? Just tell me when your sure already!
I was asking because I have a 6/29 production date, and a VIN, and haven’t received any of these emails and am worried mine is being pushed too. My dealer seems to think mine is ‘produced’ but I have not gotten any info since my build week went from august to June a month or so ago. Once you receive the email, does your production date change on any of the trackers?

Sponsored

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious. When did you reserve?
In May. So very late, but if they pick by allocation and type of build, I might have a chance to be built in a year. It’s a small dealership, with only 40 orders currently, but not sure about their allocation. A big dealership I decided not to go with told me don’t expect anything before 2023.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So does Ford picks in order from the earliest reservation from each dealership, then adds them to a master list from other dealerships in order by reservation again?

When I go on Ford’s website, I no longer see my reservation and date, since it’s been converted to an order.
A dealer has been told how many MY21 Broncos they will get. (allocation) this was a percentage of the total reservation they had. You would place your order with the dealer and be placed in line by your original reservation. The dealer was given 1 or 2 priority orders that they could give to one of their customers and that order would jump to the front of the line. Because of commodity issues, Ford said they would build Broncos with the parts they had during a particular month. If #s 1-10 at the dealer we’re hard tops and # 11 was a soft top then they would build #11 first and when a hard top became available they would build #1. It’s starts to get a little crazy and hard to understand the further you go. For instance, if a dealer was allocated 20 MY21 Broncos by Ford you would expect the first 20 reservation to get MY21 Broncos. But if the first 20 ordered hard tops and Ford didn’t have any then the first order that had a soft top would get made. This means that #20 would get bumped to #21 and be out of the running for a MY21. Another senecio would be, reservation #1 ask to have their priority code 99 (order hold) then #s 2-21 would now be in the running for a MY21. If #1 changed their mind and asked to have the priority code 99 taken off at any time then they would go back the the front of the list. It is a complicated process that’s why so many people are worked up.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A dealer has been told how many MY21 Broncos they will get. (allocation) this was a percentage of the total reservation they had. You would place your order with the dealer and be placed in line by your original reservation. The dealer was given 1 or 2 priority orders that they could give to one of their customers and that order would jump to the front of the line. Because of commodity issues, Ford said they would build Broncos with the parts they had during a particular month. If #s 1-10 at the dealer we’re hard tops and # 11 was a soft top then they would build #11 first and when a hard top became available they would build #1. It’s starts to get a little crazy and hard to understand the further you go. For instance, if a dealer was allocated 20 MY21 Broncos by Ford you would expect the first 20 reservation to get MY21 Broncos. But if the first 20 ordered hard tops and Ford didn’t have any then the first order that had a soft top would get made. This means that #20 would get bumped to #21 and be out of the running for a MY21. Another senecio would be, reservation #1 ask to have their priority code 99 (order hold) then #s 2-21 would now be in the running for a MY21. If #1 changed their mind and asked to have the priority code 99 taken off at any time then they would go back the the front of the list. It is a complicated process that’s why so many people are worked up.
Wow, I had no idea it was that complicated, thanks for explaining. I was given 99 by my dealer because my late reservation I suppose. They have 40 orders currently, but most are 2 doors. I have a May reservation for WT 4 door, high, mod bumper.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks that helps. Do they put them order again, once Ford picks them for a build, by reservation?
No. They just go on the schedule to be built when they are selected. They can be moved around, but after selected it doesn't appear reservation time means anything.

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. They just go on the schedule to be built when they are selected. They can be moved around, but after selected it doesn't appear reservation time means anything.
Okay so this bs about reservations time stamp is meaningless if say a person reserved in major metropolis with tons of orders and few allocations vs. small town with limited number of orders made. It also depends on type of orders the dealer has. Mine stated they have more two doors.
Sponsored