Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

...The new platform, not a refresh, called the TNGA-F, will be shared by the Tundra...
Toyota Now Gives A - F.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure how they avoid civil liabilities without providing a written manual...
I have fuses that blow in my F150 sometimes. The other day it happened right before I had to leave for work. We had to get the manual out for that. We don't have internet or a data signal where we park. How would I figure out what to do without a paper manual? Do they not realize 50% of the country is rural without reliable data and wifi doesn't extend to where we drive? Stupid.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking to select all the late availability options and wait for 2022 MY.
With all these shit show, for me it's hard to believe 2021 MY would be near perfect by FMO. Moreover I can all options get factory installed instead of multiple trips to dealers to install late availability options.

I personally enjoy a new vehicle especially above 60k to have all selected accessories from the factory and still have that brand new smell or touch rather a mechanic adding accessories at a dealer.
I want to do this, also. How do we accomplish that without losing the reservation, though?

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to do this, also. How do we accomplish that without losing the reservation, though?
As he said in the video, late availability options like Shadow black painted top would be most likely 2022 MY vehicle. There would be other late availability options like 10S winch etc.. Will get to know by Jan 15 I guess

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have fuses that blow in my F150 sometimes. The other day it happened right before I had to leave for work. We had to get the manual out for that. We don't have internet or a data signal where we park. How would I figure out what to do without a paper manual? Do they not realize 50% of the country is rural without reliable data and wifi doesn't extend to where we drive? Stupid.
Make your dealer print out a hard copy for you as a condition of the sale.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As he said in the video, late availability options like Shadow black painted top would be most likely 2022 MY vehicle. There would be other late availability options like 10S winch etc.. Will get to know by Jan 15 I guess
I watched that video and don't recall him saying that.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly. The ignorance of the realities that face rural Americans by those nice folks on the coasts continues. Always better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Kind of like the 40lb chain I've carried around in my trucks for the last 20 years. Only needed it 3 times, but it was there when I did need it...

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can download the pdf version of the manual to your electronic device (examples: cell phone, tablet, laptop....). You don’t need active “data and WiFi” to view the manual.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree. falls into the dont want to cut tress down thing. ;) I prefer a paper manual as well. found couple on the net and printed them off for my used 4 wheelers. Once I get my Bronc I will be printing off a copy for that as well. ;)(y)

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can download the pdf version of the manual to your electronic device (examples: cell phone, tablet, laptop....). You don’t need active “data and WiFi” to view the manual.
Uh, no, I don't think so. How do you think people are going to download a huge pdf if they don't have good internet to begin with? I am literally the only person in my area with decent internet because we are close enough to a tower to get fixed wireless. My neighbors are too far away (Understanding we live on farms so "neighbor" is a relative term) to get the signal.

I'm supposed to bring my computer outside and open up a pdf whenever I'm working on my engine? Or use up storage on my phone and attempt to read tiny print on a tiny screen outside in the sun? Sounds like a GREAT IDEA. I'm paying $60k for a $#%^ vehicle. I want a paper manual to put in my glove box for the times I need it. And I will need it. A phone screen is not going to cut it.

I just checked, and the F150 has a partial paper owners manual and a digital one that is accessible on the vehicle screen. That is acceptable.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh, no, I don't think so. How do you think people are going to download a huge pdf if they don't have good internet to begin with? I am literally the only person in my area with decent internet because we are close enough to a tower to get fixed wireless. My neighbors are too far away (Understanding we live on farms so "neighbor" is a relative term) to get the signal.

I'm supposed to bring my computer outside and open up a pdf whenever I'm working on my engine? Or use up storage on my phone and attempt to read tiny print on a tiny screen outside in the sun? Sounds like a GREAT IDEA. I'm paying $60k for a $#%^ vehicle. I want a paper manual to put in my glove box for the times I need it. And I will need it. A phone screen is not going to cut it.
I live in an area where I have internet about 50% of the time via broadband, including at my house, and that's the only way to get it. Yet I am 20 minutes from a city of 80K people who all have cable. My son lives in a city of 1.5 million and half the damned time his phone is dead.

All this to say, I think for everyone who says Ford shouldn't have to worry about those of us who are in the sticks, or too far away from the real world, or whatever, there are just as many owners who will need that paper manual at some time or another because they are out of range of internet, their phone is out of juice, they don't have a device with a data plan, or any number of valid reasons for them.

Those of us lucky enough to never worry about internet should feel free to empty some space in their glove boxes. The rest of us should at least have an option where, if we ask at time of purchase, Ford will send us a paper copy in the mail or give us one at the dealership. It just keeps customers happy while still saving FoMoCo some money.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
The ignorance of the realities of life in rural America by those nice folks on the coasts continues. I have a flip phone, only because those nice folks on the east coast decided it was not profitable to maintain the hard wired lines coming up the mountain for the 6 houses up here in Appalachia. Not sure I can download a PDF into it, let alone be able to read it.

EDIT: this post is brought to you via satellite internet for which I am paying an exorbitant price for...

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in an area where I have internet about 50% of the time via broadband, including at my house, and that's the only way to get it. Yet I am 20 minutes from a city of 80K people who all have cable. My son lives in a city of 1.5 million and half the damned time his phone is dead.

All this to say, I think for everyone who says Ford shouldn't have to worry about those of us who are in the sticks, or too far away from the real world, or whatever, there are just as many owners who will need that paper manual at some time or another because they are out of range of internet, their phone is out of juice, they don't have a device with a data plan, or any number of valid reasons for them.

Those of us lucky enough to never worry about internet should feel free to empty some space in their glove boxes. The rest of us should at least have an option where, if we ask at time of purchase, Ford will send us a paper copy in the mail or give us one at the dealership. It just keeps customers happy while still saving FoMoCo some money.
Well said! I am a rural advocate, and have been for a long time. I can't drive from my work location to home and stay on a phone call because there aren't enough towers to sustain the call in two spots. I live in Florida which is the 3rd most populous state. Imagine less populated states having even worse access than we have here.
Sponsored