Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine comes in at $42,684 but you can get it down to $42 by dropping options you may not care about like the PPF, brush guard, keyless entry, assistance kit, auxiliary switches, and floor liners. This is only if you want a 2-door and are more interested in function than style or comfort. You will get the lift, tires, and lockers - plus a headliner and rack - but you won't get a washout interior or any leather, MGV, or heated seats. No mid, high, or lux package items such as the fancier electronics that come with those either.

This is what I think I'm getting for that price, though I won't know for sure until I see the pricing guide: Two-door Base with 2.7, auto, sasquatch, headliner, roof rack, modular bumper/bash plates, PPF, brush guard, keyless entry pad, on-road kit (I'll build an off-road kit later), auxiliary switches, floor liners, and rock rails.

My advice is to think about how you're going to use it. If you're doing a lot of long-distance traveling or taking it to the beach, you might want the washout, vinyl, and/or some of those creature comforts. I'll be doing some cross-country stuff but mostly it'll be up in the mountains, on narrow backcountry roads, and on high passes where I'll appreciate the shorter wheelbase, more clearance, and more power.

If I could add anything to this it would be a step and navigation (not options on the base), but I can work around that or add them later.

Good luck.
Thanks. My problem is that I know what I want....I would just like ford to get their shit together on the B&P. If I'm going to purchase a vehicle that I've never driven....I'd at least like to know what I'm paying for it. As for my budget....(I'm buying a 4 door an) can go a little higher but I still want to know what I can buy for that before I finalize.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, @Southern Girl is right. Here’s a 1970 Bronco in actual use with car top carriers, camping gear, a boat and trailer. This is how it was actually used - like a Swiss Army knife for all adventures.

How do I know? That is me in the red behind the boat.

Also, that is how my JKUR has been used with my kids, and it was how my dad’s buddy’s IH Scout was used back in the day.
Thank you! Those pictures are awesome!

Are those two pictures of different Broncos? Or was the bronze paint like Cactus Gray and Area51 where it looks drastically different in each photo?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you! Those pictures are awesome!

Are those two pictures of different Broncos? Or was the bronze paint like Cactus Gray and Area51 where it looks drastically different in each photo?
Same one. Dad says he only washed it when it got salty from the snow, so we think it was Chrome Yellow (we all remember it being a butterscotch yellow) and is dirty in the photos (plus Kodachrome slides scanned 40+ years later taken with an Instamatic) rather than Caramel Bronze Metallic.

So yes, Cyber Orange is even more likely to have multiple personalities.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love the gvwr to be higher. I look at it like this, though.. If the gvwr was let’s say 6500#, the base 4 door payload would be in excess of a ranger and approaching an f150. This vehicle won’t be unsafe for its intended use. They should not have marketed it as an overland vehicle that will be able to be saddled with weight though. That setup in Tennessee was for 2 people with a day bag each. In saying that Ford is not going to cut of its nose to spite its face. They cannot cannibalize another line for the sake of this one. It’s pretty hard to impress everybody. BTW I can’t believe this thread is still rolling.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sorry i didn't read all 70 pages of comment and questions but here's a good one .......
I pick the 4 dr BD and add options ........
get to the bottom and VOILA -----> the base MSRP has jumped from $38,545 to $41,635

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
sorry i didn't read all 70 pages of comment and questions but here's a good one .......
get to the bottom and VOILA -----> the base MSRP has jumped from $38,545 to $41,635
If you add the mid package it adds it and the auto transmission to the base MSRP instead of pricing as an option.

+1495
+1595
=$41,635

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As long as Ford doesn't sue me.

I will most likely print one out as soon as the PDF is available. Did the same thing with my Jeep had the manual printed about 5 months before I received the Jeep.
Well you could just offer a service to print and bind a pdf someone provides to you, "How to check your oil", "How to change your tire", etc.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
If someone wants a hardcopy there are companies that will print your pdf to booklet form. Using the F-150, 700 page manual example it will cost you about $40 at this website.

https://www.printme1.com/
Fwiw Someone posted this link in another thread for printed manuals. Only sports listed right now
https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result...r=&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result...1&Category=3&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is what I did for my JL manual. I own a printing company so just cost me a few dollars in materials.

20210102_101214.jpg
Well sure, but you have the own the printing company first.

Reminds me of a thing my Father-in-law said. He had to buy a new x-ray machine for his veterinary practice:

“The very first x-ray I took with it cost me $20,000... but every one I take after that is free!”

;)

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
“The very first x-ray I took with it cost me $20,000... but every one I take after that is free!”
Kinda like driving your Bronco home from the dealer....pretty high $/mile cost :)

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is what I did for my JL manual. I own a printing company so just cost me a few dollars in materials.

20210102_101214.jpg
Oh yes - I've done this for years with digital audio gear with a PDF file download user manual. Kinkos will print & bind, double sided, color - the works...Pretty cheap too. This is still assuming I can even afford the damn truck now, or at least whittle down what I really wanted & get the Base instead. :rolleyes::D

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in my Ford dealer today...(All American,Old Bridge)...and in case anyone wants to check out some colors on the " Bronco Sport"...they have 4 vehicles in stock...1 white..1 black..1..CG...1 A51...the A 51 is inside the showroom...

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The point being its now Jan 2021 and the site is still a mess
Sponsored