Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Esteban is product marketing (my job), not to be confused with marketing communications (MarCom). MarCom often relies on the product marketing when dealing with complex or technical topics like the Bronco. While most product marketing people are decent at promotion, they really care more about the product itself.

Thats also why they brought out the project manager for the last Q&A. They want the answers to be correct and given the amount of detail, only a few can be counted on to be both correct and a bit marketing like. (you can see the project manager was both extremely up to date on everything but also nervous as hell, this was a big opportunity for him)

Esteban spends most of his time justifying features and benefits to senior management.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
A few interesting notes:
1. If I heard correctly, the "2-door Bronco" is a "high demand feature". Bad News for me.
2. I did not hear that "manual transmission" was a "high demand feature". Good news for me.
3. The Sasquatch on a Base Bronco is super expensive (after the B&P correction). Bad news for me. However, it made my decision easy and my Bronco will be much cheaper. Good news for me.
4. Dealers get compensation based on conversion of orders with the original person who ordered. I can negotiate with leverage. Good news for me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I look at every other Ford vehicle B&P, all the information and pricing is there.

When are some people going to stop make excuses for Ford and admit they have the third or fourth string team on the Bronco project, there is nothing professional about it!
People were ordering '21 F-150s and Rangers before those B&Ps were up. Half of their B&P pages are '20s.

Should all the B&Ps be up and running? Yes. But this problem isn't unique to the Bronco.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whew quite a read. This thread will be 30 pages in the morning

Did this mf say MARCH?!?!? WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO HAVE AN UPDATE AFTER ORDERS HAVE BEEN PLACED?!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS THERE NO COMMON SENSE AMONGST THE ROCKSTARS???????????????
I believe that's because as Esteban alluded to several times, every single item has to go through regulatory approval. This means we will get an update in January. One in March. Probably one in July. Another in September. There will always be more accessories added as things are approved by regulatory body
Not everyone is bubbly, but it was awkward and uncomfortable to watch. Real-life people make mistakes, and at least he seemed to at least partially own that.

Everyone is human, and no one person can control all of such a big project.
Yeah watching this video Made it super clear that Ford is uh, just a company like mine. We make mistakes all the time. But we are no way near in the public lime light like ford
So I can't tow with my $65k First Edition 4 door? What a freaking failure!
Sucks. But clearly due to weight. The FE comes standard with quite a bit
No timeline for "Late Availability" at all ...
He said in the video that they plan to announce that soon
Honestly, I feel for Esteban. He has the defeated tone of someone that has to stay on script but knows half the things he is saying doesn't make sense.

"Yeah, we decided to put carpet on the back of the seats of a wash down rated interior so they wouldn't be damaged by the doors."

*In his head* "I can't believe Steve talked them into this. It was almost perfect. Rubber, vinyl, drain plugs, it had everything. Then Steve had to come in with his stupid "let's get door purses and put'em in the back!" F'n Steve..."

"Anyway, we're hoping to have a different solution by 2023."
Oh gawd I feel the same way. He has it tough. He's probably paid very handsomely. But I feel like some heads have to roll from this roll out

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure who Paul is but I agree with you on the kids part. I mean I’m sure that she’s a very nice girl but in one video this girl who looked to be just out of HS claimed she was the person in charge of the interiors! Did everyone at Ford retire at the same time? Bless her heart.
Paul Wraith is the chief designer of the new Bronco.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-wraith-41738518

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are already known issues when building a BL but the FE has all of it as a model so like rock rails, bash plates, sasquatch, hard top, liners, etc it's all added weight. Throw on the 2.7 and A10 which are heavier.
Makes sense, thanks!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the 2.7 so much cheaper on the f-150..? And no charge for the auto transmission? I thought this was “standard across the whole ford showroom” am I missing something...?

DF28C818-E34A-4462-92F5-6D0F8A6E448A.png

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also said if you do a slide out tailgate you will take away your on vehicle door storage.
That. Was. Hilarious! Oh, and no towing on the 4 door FE. WTH?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I expressed my disbelief on the AT being a mistake so maybe we can pin them down on another of my concerns. For those that have gotten answers on Twitter from Levine ask him this, If you want to upgrade to a 4.7 rear end on the BL without getting Sasquatch package is that a free upgrade as shown in the B&P? They're leaving money on the table. Mistake?

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An awesome vehicle that sells itself yet gets kneecapped by Ford and these complete idiots...

Esteban suggested waiting until 2022 model year if we wanted roof rails with Sasquatch. Does this mean I won't be able to order rails, have them ship with my Bronco and installed by the dealer at delivery?

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So if their excuse is the vehicle platform is so maxed out, that the 4dr $65k Failure Edition can't tow, how freaking safe is this thing with 5 people stuffed in it with gear?

Epic F@cking Failure. The Bronco looks sweet, but if it can't function as a viable vehicle, it's a pile of shit.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks