Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey 10/24 crew! Just wondering if everyone from the best build week have received their Broncos?
Sponsored

HeyDobby

Wildtrak
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey 10/24 crew! Just wondering if everyone from the best build week have received their Broncos?
I was wondering the same thing yesterday!

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know I was one of the last few (took delivery 12/3). But I think there were a few Braptor folks that were waiting even longer.
@HeyDobby - have you been able to get off road a bit more?

HeyDobby

Wildtrak
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I was one of the last few (took delivery 12/3). But I think there were a few Braptor folks that were waiting even longer.
@HeyDobby - have you been able to get off road a bit more?
Haha…NO! Life keeps getting in the way! 😆 I’m hoping to this spring…you?

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha…NO! Life keeps getting in the way! 😆 I’m hoping to this spring…you?
I think I'm going to check out Croom with the family this weekend. It is one of the more "entry level" places out there. Though it can get pretty wet/muddy if it has been raining, but I expect it to be mostly dry, which should make things even easier.
After that, I'd like to check out Citrus and Ocala WMA's.
I'm doing some camping at Alafia end of next month and have heard that Duette Preserve is a nice little ride as well.

Sponsored

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Myself and 3-4 other members from the site are going to Rausch Creek on the 4th, pretty excited.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven't been on much after recieving my Bronco the Evening before Thanksgiving. It has been amazing so far. I sold my 2022 Jeep Gladiator and I can say -The Bronco is WAY !!! better. Quieter, smoother, handles better, tracks better, more power. The fit and finish are excellent on mine.

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
As a kick in the side- TODAY I received an E-mail from Ford stating my Bronco reserved April 21 has now been scheduled for production April 3rd,2023.
Same build SAS,MIC,2.7 , Aux switches only Cactus Grey.
I asked the wife if she wants it for herself.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had mine for 3 months now and finally got some snow to play in. The pics are less than stellar, but hey.... I was driving :)

Ford Bronco build week 10/24 69637437727__F3D84211-DF09-4D65-BECC-54DB6D5E842A.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1610.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1611.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1612.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1613.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1614.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1615.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1616.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1617.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1618.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1619.JPG
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 IMG_1620.JPG

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be fun to play in. But being in Forida, I'm not sure if the Bronco will EVER see snow hah.
However, it does see dirt, sand and mud...and an occasional rock or two.
Me and the fam drove about an hour north of us to one of the more "mild" places to get off the pavement. It was a nice little break in for all of us (including the Bronco) since this was the first time we REALLY took it off-road. I wish we would've got some better pictures, but we were just too busy enjoying the drive. Maybe next time...
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 0DA3F438-80BC-46C9-9410-1F862C30B029
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 468C6D6C-27AF-4F58-AA7D-7ED8DE1730CD

And after giving it a nice bath (the mud really gets EVERYWHERE) I decided to pop the front doors off just to see. Drive it around the block a bit and then put them back on hah.
Ford Bronco build week 10/24 94C7DA33-5A98-4C20-9537-1602E8FEB05D

I'm nervous to take the full top off. I think I got lucky because in my opinion mine is very quiet. I have no wind noise (aside from the noise generated by the roof rack) and no other noises.
But I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge!

Sponsored

HeyDobby

Wildtrak
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would be fun to play in. But being in Forida, I'm not sure if the Bronco will EVER see snow hah.
Me and the fam drove about an hour north of us to one of the more "mild" places to get off the pavement. It was a nice little break in for all of us (including the Bronco) since this was the first time we REALLY took it off-road. I wish we would've got some better pictures, but we were just too busy enjoying the drive. Maybe next time...

And after giving it a nice bath (the mud really gets EVERYWHERE) I decided to pop the front doors off just to see. Drive it around the block a bit and then put them back on hah.

I'm nervous to take the full top off. I think I got lucky because in my opinion mine is very quiet. I have no wind noise (aside from the noise generated by the roof rack) and no other noises.
I agree, the snow is beautiful to look at, but I doubt mine will ever see snow either!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see you took the front doors off. How was it? Heavier than expected? Lighter? Have you re-installed them? I haven't had a chance to take the doors off yet with the BS weather we get up north.

I agree with you about the top.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see you took the front doors off. How was it? Heavier than expected? Lighter? Have you re-installed them? I haven't had a chance to take the doors off yet with the BS weather we get up north.

I agree with you about the top.
My one and only tip for removing the doors: make sure you have a nice place to put them all!
I took the first one off and didn't really think all of that through.
I ended up setting the first one down and then just laying out a large sheet I happened to have in the garage.
I laid both doors flat down on the ground with the exterior side up - I don't have door bags.
Starting with the passenger I rolled the window down, flipped the mirror out of the way, disconnected the wiring harness, broke the 2 bolts loose then backed them out with my fingers.
Just make sure you pull the door straight up as to avoid dinging the edges on other parts of the car.
The kit comes with little rubber guards to help in case of contact, but I didn't use them.
There is a little cutout on the bottom of the doors towards the front (even marked with "lift" text) that I grabbed with one hand and then grabbed the exterior door handle with my other hand.
The driver side required a little "umph" for some reason, it did not just lift right off the hinges like the passenger, which caused me to pop it off at a bit of an angle and I hit the front fender but didn't loose any paint.
Putting them back on was just as easy. The kit also comes with a "guide" that you screw in (not too tight) to the bottom hinge to help align the door.
Again, passenger side went smooth, dropped it right down perfectly and bolted it back up.
Driver side I didn't have lined up just right, so it sort of clunked down into place, but no biggie.
It took less than 5 min to take the front 2 doors off. It is all pretty straight forward.
But to answer your question, yeah a tad heavier than I expected. But it is a whole car door, so I guess I really didn't know WHAT I expected lol. But it wasn't all that heavy. I did walk around my garage just holding it for a solid 2 min trying to figure out where to put it, hence my first comment in this post!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My one and only tip for removing the doors: make sure you have a nice place to put them all!
I took the first one off and didn't really think all of that through.
I ended up setting the first one down and then just laying out a large sheet I happened to have in the garage.
I laid both doors flat down on the ground with the exterior side up - I don't have door bags.
Starting with the passenger I rolled the window down, flipped the mirror out of the way, disconnected the wiring harness, broke the 2 bolts loose then backed them out with my fingers.
Just make sure you pull the door straight up as to avoid dinging the edges on other parts of the car.
The kit comes with little rubber guards to help in case of contact, but I didn't use them.
There is a little cutout on the bottom of the doors towards the front (even marked with "lift" text) that I grabbed with one hand and then grabbed the exterior door handle with my other hand.
The driver side required a little "umph" for some reason, it did not just lift right off the hinges like the passenger, which caused me to pop it off at a bit of an angle and I hit the front fender but didn't loose any paint.
Putting them back on was just as easy. The kit also comes with a "guide" that you screw in (not too tight) to the bottom hinge to help align the door.
Again, passenger side went smooth, dropped it right down perfectly and bolted it back up.
Driver side I didn't have lined up just right, so it sort of clunked down into place, but no biggie.
It took less than 5 min to take the front 2 doors off. It is all pretty straight forward.
But to answer your question, yeah a tad heavier than I expected. But it is a whole car door, so I guess I really didn't know WHAT I expected lol. But it wasn't all that heavy. I did walk around my garage just holding it for a solid 2 min trying to figure out where to put it, hence my first comment in this post!
Wow great info man! Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. My salesman scared me, because he said "MAKE SURE YOU USE THAT GUIDE WHEN YOU PUT THE DOOR BACK ON!!! I DROPPED MINE!" And it cost him like $1000 to replace it. So that's why I was a bit gun-shy.

I don't have the bags either.... yet. At just shy of $600 that seems excessive for some bag storage. IAG is making something for doors to go on the walls, but that's for another time. I was thinking I could get away with some moving blankets from harbor freight here

I still have about 2 to 3 more months before I can think about taking them off for extended periods of time. Still need to get my AR Racing Bronco script delivered, but I can't put it on until it warms up.

Wow I just rambled on and on and on.... Sorry y'all.

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I would definitely recommend taking the whole 30 extra seconds and screwing those guides in lol.
Having those in lets you get the bottom hinge easily lined up so you can focus on getting the top hinge into place.
I was a little irritated at myself because when I first took the door off I set it down while getting that sheet I mentioned.
But in doing so, I didn't realize how close the bottom of the door was to the ground and I set it down a bit harder than expected, and it took a little chip of paint with it 🤦‍♂️
So again, for the sake of your doors people, have a nice place to put them BEFORE you are holding it in your hands lol.
Sponsored