Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody used these on the seat back Molle panels? I'm thinking about putting a Ram mount ball into one for a cupholder.

https://builtrightindustries.myshop...-pals-fastener?_pos=1&_psq=molle&_ss=e&_v=1.0

@BuiltRight Industries are these universal or do they only work on your panels?
I bought BuiltRights Molle panels and are just waiting on their delivery, based on a conversation I had with them about mounting some of the clamps I bought from them, I did not buy their nuts, he mentioned just using regular #10's with some nylocks. I would maybe think twice about using them on your plastic seatback molles, but that is just me. Metal on plastic isn't always a super great combo in my experience. Also, based on the specific curves on the molle nuts, I think they are fairly specific to their product, but I am sure they will respond to you.

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought BuiltRights Molle panels and are just waiting on their delivery, based on a conversation I had with them about mounting some of the clamps I bought from them, I did not buy their nuts, he mentioned just using regular #10's with some nylocks.
I'm not well versed in this stuff. Can you tell me what this means exactly?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not well versed in this stuff. Can you tell me what this means exactly?
You were asking if BuiltRights proprietary molle nuts will fit/work for your seat back molles. In another posters picture below you will note the shape of the squares/rectangles, whatever you want to call the shape. The BR molle nuts have a very distinct curve to them on the inside portion that fits in their panels and prevents it from turning when trying to tighten down the bolt that comes with their system, really meant more for a precise metal cnc'd cut, not this plastic webbing (IMHO). I was suggesting two things, the first being that I am not sure how great of an idea it is trying to tighten down their metal nut and bolt system against the plastic seat molle panel. The other thing I mentioned is that the dimensions/curves of their nut system may or may not work on the shapes of the below molle back. That's all. Sorry if I made it more confusing.

Ford Bronco BuiltRight Molle nuts 1645198531857

These
Ford Bronco BuiltRight Molle nuts 1645198763813

Are meant more for these:

Ford Bronco BuiltRight Molle nuts 1645198828075

and these:

Ford Bronco BuiltRight Molle nuts 1645198888505

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's all. Sorry if I made it more confusing.
No not at all man! I'm in the dark here so anything helps. What is a "regular #10" with the nylocks you were talking about in your first post?

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No not at all man! I'm in the dark here so anything helps. What is a "regular #10" with the nylocks you were talking about in your first post?
See below, but when I referenced these, I was referring to using them on BR's metal molle panels for use with their clamps (instead of their proprietary molle nuts) not using them for the plastic seat back molles, you definitely wouldn't use these for that. If it were me, I would grab a couple small carabiners and a couple molle pouches for water bottles and call it a day. If you have young ones, that is a little more tricky.
Screenshot_20220218-105744_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20220218-105629_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @Herbie I've taken up plenty of your time! I do have little ones in the back and was thinking about a cleaner setup than this, although it looks pretty damn good! (credit: @doccoch )

Ford Bronco BuiltRight Molle nuts 1645202557029

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best explanation of MOLLE mounting I've seen yet and it's appreciated

Offroadalliance

Base
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Herbie has done the whole world a service with this molle panel explanation for the Bronco.
Sponsored