First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok spend the last of my FordPass points and few dollars more on the Molle bag rack. It will not fit, there is not any stretch in the bottom hooks and when I try to connect them the top hooks will pop out. The stitch line on the bottom hooks is right at the top of the hook plastic. Any ideas?
Just when out and did some measuring with a strong scale, the most distance I could get between the hooks was 11 7/8" the distance from the bottom of the top slot to the top of the bottom slot is 12 3/8", looks like I'm going to have to move the bottom hook down 1/2".
Sorry to dig up this old post. I have the same problem with a recently purchased rack system. Did you move and resew the bottom hooks?

IMG_1348 2.png

IMG_1351.png
Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to say it but I gave up totally on the tailgate molle mount. All the clips are too light duty to put any meaningful weight in the bags. I had even added extra VRB tape and some other extra adhesive, but the plastic mounting clips would bend and become dislodged on rough roads. to be fair I wanted to carry an 12v impact wrench and a 12v lantern, flask and pocket knives and such.

The bags themselves are great and I re used them on some cargo area molle panels (JCR) I had purchased. I ended up replacing the tailgate soft molle panel with the Bro-Addicts rear table, that has metal molle and it, and it made great use of the smaller molle bags. Addictive Desert Designs also offers a metal molle panel that isn't a table if you prefer that.

If your sold on using soft molle maybe add more hooks or metal hooks since your sewing anyway.