First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I replaced both my front and rear bumpers which required taking out the wiring harness from old bumper and transferring to new bumper. Everything went together fine but when I started up vehicle and attempted to drive it two sensors on the front and two on the rear were going off saying there was something close by when there was nothing there. I drove it around the neighborhood but I’m worried about taking it out on the road like this. Do the sensors have to be recalibrated or something.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you put the sensors and wiring in the same position it was in on the factory bumper? I just did an ARB bumper and had to do the same. Move the sensors and factory harness to the new bumper. ARB's instructions were very specific that the sensors and wiring must be in the same positions.

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, my instructions said the same. Hard to get it wrong because the part that plugs into the the wiring harness has to be on the same side.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unhook your negative battery terminal for 10 minutes.. It will reset everything.. Worked for me when I switched out my rear bumper and had the same issue..

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow! Really. I hope this works. Thanks for the tip.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well driving didn’t help , at least on the 15 milesI drove. Kept going off when any car drove by or was next to me. At a light I went into the menu and turned them off. Does this also shut off my front camera. When I back up I get the back camera and the top view but I can’t seem to access or find front camera now. Anyone know of turning that off effects the camera?

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyone?

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reinstall old bumper and see if you have same issues. If not, you know it's the new bumper then.

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It might be the angle of the sensors and that they are pointed too much towards the ground or too straight ahead (maybe to upright if its going off with cars next to you) . I had this problem when swapping mine out and had to get different "holders" to have the sensors at the right angle (OEM steel rear bumpers holders were different than the plastic bumper). You could try just not having them in completely and pointing more straight ahead or further down and see if it makes the beeping stop. At least then you'd know where the sensors need to be and then figure it out from there....

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ask the Manufacturer?

I know there was at least 1 that had a claimed that parking sensors were not guaranteed to work (total BS IMO).

I know when I did my front, I used a paint pen to mark the gromit and sensor top and order placement. I even had to rotate the two inner sensors 180 degrees to put the plugs on the other side (sensors, not gromits)...no issues.

Not sure if all the sensors have the same part number, but I think angle is the key.

Fyi... wouldn't the parking sensor button in the dash turn them off and not mess with cameras? I know I donthat when off roading sometimes to shut them up.

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just replaced rear bumper on Saturday. I cannot tell you how many great words came out of my mouth trying to connect the sensors back up. Plenty of slack and angle was of no issue, just wouldn't squeeze together to click into place. I ended up using channel locks to slowly squeeze them together until I heard the "click". I felt like the plastic was going to crumble but luckily it didn't.

Not sure if this would help you, but definitely something to check?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just replaced by rear bumper on Saturday. I cannot tell you how many great words came out of my mouth trying to connect the sensors back up. Plenty of slack and angle was of no issue, just wouldn't squeeze together to click into place. I ended up using channel locks to slowly squeeze them together until I heard the "click". I felt like the plastic was going to crumble but luckily it didn't.

Not sure if this would help you, but definitely something to check?
Sensors went in pretty easy. I don’t see how angle could possibly be an issue. They have to go in straight. There is no way to angle them. Now rotation might be right. I don’t know if there is a top and bottom. Never even crossed my mind to mark top and bottom when I pulled them out. Someone else suggested taking negative cable off for ten minutes and see if they reset. Said it wirked for him. I have to do that anyway when I install and wire in the roof light bar. If that does not fix it I will just leave them turned off. I never had a vehicle with parking sensors before so it’s not like I’m going to miss them.

OP
OP

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was looking at my original bumpers and some of the sensor mounts were angled. The problem is the new bumper you can’t use the original mounts. The sensors go in flat and straight. Maybe that’s the problem. You can’t use the original mounts in the new bumper which angled the sensors.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly why my factory bumper stays. Hope you get it straightened out.

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was looking at my original bumpers and some of the sensor mounts were angled. The problem is the new bumper you can’t use the original mounts. The sensors go in flat and straight. Maybe that’s the problem. You can’t use the original mounts in the new bumper which angled the sensors.
That's definitely the problem - maybe you can MacGuyver a way to get the same angle - or perhaps glue the OEM mount to the inside of the bumper and then mount the sensor using the factory mounts. Or maybe call the maker of the bumper as I'm sure they said it would all fit and work properly!!!!
Sponsored