Sponsored

Business financing rates?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious what sort of rates you all are seeing who are financing through your business. I own a small business with myself and one otter employee. Have leased for three years previously so the business has credit, although I have no idea how they rate a business credit score. More than enough income for the payment to not be an issue to a bank. Any advice on the best way to handle this and applicable rates is greatly appreciated! Hoping for delivery in early March so want to get ahead of things. Thanks!
Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just purchased a new Transit Connect work van for my company and couldnā€™t believe the business loan rate I was able to get. I know itā€™s a different vehicle but I went thru Ford Credit and got a 60 month business loan for 2.9%. I had checked with my bank right before and was told to expect in the 5-6% range.

Reactions: fv9
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just purchased a new Transit Connect work van for my company and couldnā€™t believe the business loan rate I was able to get. I know itā€™s a different vehicle but I went thru Ford Credit and got a 60 month business loan for 2.9%. I had checked with my bank right before and was told to expect in the 5-6% range.
Thanks. Iā€™ll have to connect with the finance guy and see what I might be able to expect.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I buy about 25 trucks per year and have been paying in the 3.84-4.35% range for 48 or 60 months with GM Financial and Ally for the past year. My most recent 4 trucks last week were all 3.84% through GM Financial.

Reactions: fv9

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got 2.5% for 84mo. I could have gotten 2.1% for 72mo but opted to keep payments lower month to month.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got 2.5% for 84mo. I could have gotten 2.1% for 72mo but opted to keep payments lower month to month.
As an individual or buying it through your business? Those are in the range of consumer rates.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow - got my Bronco on personal auto loan w PenFed at 1.79% for 36mo beginning of Nov. hard to believe rates have bumped like thisā€¦

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow - got my Bronco on personal auto loan w PenFed at 1.79% for 36mo beginning of Nov. hard to believe rates have bumped like thisā€¦
Commercial rates are always significantly higher than consumer rates. My personal Bronco was 1.99% for 60 through the dealer, USAA was 1.89% for 60.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Commercial rates are always significantly higher than consumer rates. My personal Bronco was 1.99% for 60 through the dealer, USAA was 1.89% for 60.
Def understand they are higher but was surprised by how much. Particularly in your case given how much business you drive through them. Ouch. (Yeah, yeah, deductible business expense blah blah, but still feels like youā€™re getting hosed) šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Def understand they are higher but was surprised by how much. Particularly in your case given how much business you drive through them. Ouch. (Yeah, yeah, deductible business expense blah blah, but still feels like youā€™re getting hosed) šŸ˜‰
I feel like weā€™re getting hosed, too. We are A level and get the best rates available. Iā€™m convinced there is a business tax on everything we do, seems like every company/vendor tries to charge us retail plus pricing on everything. One of the dealerships we frequent was trying to charge us $130 for an air filter,$130 for a cabin filter, and $130 for an alignment on every truck that came in for an oil change. I put a stop to that shit, but I have to watch everyone like a hawk.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could also buy it yourself and lease it back to your company. Pay yourself the finance charge/interest rather than a bank.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an individual or buying it through your business? Those are in the range of consumer rates.
Yeah individual. Sorry misread the original question.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could also buy it yourself and lease it back to your company. Pay yourself the finance charge/interest rather than a bank.
Itā€™s always been my understanding that it must be arms length. Would have to talk to my CPA about that.
Sponsored