Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious as to whether those who financed their Bronco's were able to receive the financing APR from date or order rather than date of delivery? I ordered my OBX in February and rates were 3.99% up here in Canada and now they are 7%. Hopefully I am protected with that lower interest rate but will have to check with my dealer. Wondering if anyone else brought this up with their dealer.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I picked mine up today. I only financed through Ford to get it quicker. My Credit Union said the Vin# wasn't showing up for them yet, so I'll refinance with Penfed for 1.99% in a few weeks. In any case to answer your question Ford was 6.99% for five years and I have a 848 credit score.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will lock in the lower rate unless you are days away from delivery. I paid 2.49% in November and now rates are 2.94% at the same credit union. Not that much of an increase so if you are seeing 3-4% increases in rates I would shop around.

superyl

Outer Banks
First Name
Liang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope I am wrong but I don't think they will lock in the lower rate unless you are days away from delivery. I paid 2.49% in November and now rates are 2.94% at the same credit union. Not that much of an increase so if you are seeing 3-4% increases in rates I would shop around.
Same here. I paid 2.49% for mine this week.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The OP is in Canada. The Canadian federal reserve, The Bank of Canada, might be setting different central market rates for how they see the economy going in their country versus what the US Federal Reserve is setting and the lending banks rely upon. Different country's banking system translates to different rates, especially with current economic climate.

Sponsored

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked mine up today. I only financed through Ford to get it quicker. My Credit Union said the Vin# wasn't showing up for them yet, so I'll refinance with Penfed for 1.99% in a few weeks. In any case to answer your question Ford was 6.99% for five years and I have a 848 credit score.
6.99%???? WTH. I would have laughed and side stepped that one.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The OP is in Canada. The Canadian federal reserve, The Bank of Canada, might be setting different central market rates for how they see the economy going in their country versus what the US Federal Reserve is setting and the lending banks rely upon. Different country's banking system translates to different rates, especially with current economic climate.

Wait. He's in Canadia so 7% there is like 1.80% here. Sounds pretty good. :ROFLMAO:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an another April fools joke, right??
No way a financial institution is going to give you an interest rate from months ago because that is when you ordered. Do you even have a VIN or build date yet?

BRNCONOW!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150 XLT Super Crew Short Bed 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.44% via my credit union.

Sponsored
OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is an another April fools joke, right??
No way a financial institution is going to give you an interest rate from months ago because that is when you ordered. Do you even have a VIN or build date yet?
It’s not a financial institution, it’s through my dealership. They confirmed today that they would honour the 3.99 even though rates jumped to 7%. Our credit unions and banks can’t compete with dealership.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the US you can be preapproved and lock in an auto loan rate for -+ 30 days depending on the institution. Not sure how it works in CAN.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not a financial institution, it’s through my dealership. They confirmed today that they would honour the 3.99 even though rates jumped to 7%. Our credit unions and banks can’t compete with dealership.
Interesting. Do dealerships self finance in Canadia? Here, when you finance through a dealership they just use a bank or CU that they do a bunch of business with (and whom typically give the finance guys some sort of kick back). Also, 3.99% is what I would consider a high rate, I couldn't imagine getting bent over for 7%. Back in August my rate was 1.69% through BofA.

OP
OP

KitsBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. Do dealerships self finance in Canadia? Here, when you finance through a dealership they just use a bank or CU that they do a bunch of business with (and whom typically give the finance guys some sort of kick back). Also, 3.99% is what I would consider a high rate, I couldn't imagine getting bent over for 7%. Back in August my rate was 1.69% through BofA.
I think they try to rate shop through a wholesale channel and maybe self finance if that doesn’t work. I am going to check the credit unions up here but Canada is a bit of a gong show with this kind of stuff. Hoping to find 2.99 or even 1.99.

peace2peep

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm getting 2.29% at Navy federal on a 72 month loan. Stretching so I can pay extra and kill the note in 48 months.
Sponsored